+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: DarkFalcon draws chibis

Default Re: DarkFalcon drwas chibis

Quote Originally Posted by Mokenda_mint View Post
    I want to see Franky and Brook dancing in speedos.
    I kinda like this one. Gives me idea what to do with the characters. Pre- or post timeskip?
    "I'm a bad guy! I don't save the day, I don't fly off to the sunset and I don't get the girl! I'm going home."
    - MegaMind

Post would make it more amusing. Especially if Brook has his Soul King shades on XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake_Cloud View Post
    He didn't come back because he thought he could win, he came back because he's a goddamn hero and that's what heroes do.

I plan to do all the chibis you guys want some day... perhaps... maybe. I'm just awfully irregular artist.

I've actually drawn something yesterday. Yeah, first thing after months. I have exams (best possible timing) and I've suddenly felt an urge to draw, so I've spend whole night scribbling and colouring. Yey, me!
    Not a chibi, but I've just stop caring about premise of this thread.
    Spoiler:
    "I'm a bad guy! I don't save the day, I don't fly off to the sunset and I don't get the girl! I'm going home."
    - MegaMind

Quote Originally Posted by Carmilla View Post
    Wow, I didn't know you were so good, all these stuff are amazing, and

I love you for drawing these
    aw, thank you. I'm glad you like these. I really enjoy drawing Whitebeard Pirates.
    - MegaMind

Quote Originally Posted by DarkFalcon View Post
    I really enjoy drawing Whitebeard Pirates.
    I don't. I also wish to enjoy it, but since I like them too much, I'm always dissatisfied in whatever I draw.

I don't. I also wish to enjoy it, but since I like them too much, I'm always dissatisfied in whatever I draw.
    You concentrate too much on the effect instead on experience. Since no artist ever was ultimately satisfied with what they had drawn you'll never be able to enjoy it no matter how good you'll become if you don't change your attitude. And you only prevent yourself from getting better.
    - MegaMind

You concentrate too much on the effect instead on experience. Since no artist ever was ultimately satisfied with what they had drawn you'll never be able to enjoy it no matter how good you'll become if you don't change your attitude. And you only prevent yourself from getting better.
    I know that, but when it's about your favourite characters you want to make look like they really are (at least expressions) it becomes kinda different.

I know that, but when it's about your favourite characters you want to make look like they really are (at least expressions) it becomes kinda different.
    No it's not. You are afraid of your imperfection more, because you care more and thus you inhibit yourself more. But that is not the whole story. If you are afraid and that stops you from drawing, that means your fear is stronger than your love. To be afraid of drawing beloved characters is like to be afraid of being together with people you love. You're scared of your your own imperfection, you are scared that picture you get won't be as good as you wish. You are scared of possible screw up. Guess what, like in relationships, the are always going to be screw-ups and imperfections. But if you are really loving strongly, you will always work over those to make the better picture next time. You don't need to shy away from those you like and draw them. If you love them, you don't owe them perfect picture, you owe them your tries, your frustration and overcoming, your joys. Do your best, perfection isn't your best. Perfection is no ones' best.
    Don't give up so easily. You love them right?
    - MegaMind

No it's not about perfection, I tried a lot and I liked everything I drew except face, it wouldn't be the expression Marco would have, I drew it thousand times, but never the way it should have been. I didn't care about perfection from the start and especially wouldn't care after seeing Oda drawing and giving advices and how the most important thing is emotions and expressions.

This doesn't suit Vista's situation though and I should finish it.

And I should redraw Jozu

No it's not about perfection, I tried a lot and I liked everything I drew except face, it wouldn't be the expression Marco would have, I drew it thousand times, but never the way it should have been. I didn't care about perfection from the start and especially wouldn't care after seeing Oda drawing and giving advices and how the most important thing is emotions and expressions.

This doesn't suit Vista's situation though and I should finish it.

And I should redraw Jozu
    You are contradicting yourself. You want to draw emotions perfectly as you think they should be. There is this one aspect you absolutely want to keep perfect and you get frustrated, when you are unable to perform as well as you'd want. Drawing individual emotions and expressions is really hard and you shouldn't beat yourself up over it.
    - MegaMind

You are contradicting yourself. You want to draw emotions perfectly as you think they should be. There is this one aspect you absolutely want to keep perfect and you get frustrated, when you are unable to perform as well as you'd want. Drawing individual emotions and expressions is really hard and you shouldn't beat yourself up over it.
    I spoiled your thread xD
    I just give up about it over and over again.
    Started drawing in September approximately.
    There was one version I liked the most and it was already half coloured when something got on the paper, so I took long break after that xD Then tried again and it felt like better but muse wasn't there to finish it I guess.

I spoiled your thread xD
    I just give up about it over and over again.
    Started drawing in September approximately.
    There was one version I liked the most and it was already half coloured when something got on the paper, so I took long break after that xD Then tried again and it felt like better but muse wasn't there to finish it I guess.
    don't mention it.
    The most important thing is to enjoy drawing. Some people just enjoy with lot of screaming at the paper, but they still enjoy. If you don't enjoy deep down, than what's the point? Seems like you too have regularity problem. I've lost at sheets of paper with started drawing and had likewise have some barely started pictures on my disc.

I'm not able to write you visitors messages. I'm not sure why is that, but I can't respond to you that way.
    Last edited by DarkFalcon; February 9th, 2014 at 11:41 AM.
    - MegaMind

Spoiler:

I was practicing drawing humans and I wanted to draw One Piece character, because it's more fun. This came out. Than I remembered initial purpose of this thread and made a very sketchy chibi.
    - MegaMind

Default Re: DarkFalcon draws chibis

typo in the title was driving me nuts.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Goku View Post
    typo in the title was driving me nuts.
    Thanks for kindly pointing this out to me and correcting it for me. Up to this point I hadn't realised there was a typo.
    - MegaMind

another little exercise
    Spoiler:
    - MegaMind

Oh! I think I saw that Nami/Robin one on Tumblr. So that was you then, huh? I like it a lot, the way you shade is pretty awesome.

~ They got the moves like Jagger ~

Quote Originally Posted by LazySketcher View Post
    Oh! I think I saw that Nami/Robin one on Tumblr. So that was you then, huh? I like it a lot, the way you shade is pretty awesome.
    Thank you.
    You must be browsing through One Piece tag on Tumblr on daily basis or something to be able to catch my drawing.
    - MegaMind

Thank you.
    You must be browsing through One Piece tag on Tumblr on daily basis or something to be able to catch my drawing.
    Well, occasionally I browse, but not too often. I suppose I was able to catch your art purely by chance.

~ They got the moves like Jagger ~

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information