Page 1 of 501 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter x Hunter

Default Hunter x Hunter

Ha ha. Am I a copycat? :P

I once stopped reading it when it became the fighting at tower, but recently picked it up again.

Now Hunter x Hunter is another manga that I read regulary, but not in magazine scan. Though, I need to wait for a while for Tanko to come out, Tanko is much better than magazine scan... But recently I discovered that Tanko is censored, so that was kind of sad.

So how you think about it? Which arc is your favorite?

TheUprightMan83

This is one of those series I like better animated and I really think it deserves another TV series.

Hunter x Hunter is my most favouritest anime ever. But the best arc for me would be around the Tower arc where they first learn about nen. Confusing, yes. but very cool and interesting. No other shonen fighting series goes into this much detail about something which should be very complex and hard to master. Hunter x Hunter succeeds in conveying that.

Roronoa Zoro

Originally posted by oceanizer@Feb 14 2005, 03:31 PM
    Ha ha. Am I a copycat? :P

I once stopped reading it when it became the fighting at tower, but recently picked it up again.

Now Hunter x Hunter is another manga that I read regulary, but not in magazine scan. Though, I need to wait for a while for Tanko to come out, Tanko is much better than magazine scan... But recently I discovered that Tanko is censored, so that was kind of sad.

So how you think about it? Which arc is your favorite?
    [snapback]2379[/snapback]

So how is the Tanko censored??

I'd like to know.

It's just... Bad scenes (I think?) or characters are pained in black over it. I don't think it's on purpose, is it? :x
    Iirc, one I saw (somebody from IRC told me) was v19 p40.

I knew the weekly jump scans were censored...but I didn't know the volumes were also.

But yeah, I like Hunter x Hunter.

As for the censoring...it's like black boxes drawn over certain stuff. Like, when a guy's fingers get cut off, there is a black box drawn over his hand. However, you can still see the animal/bug guy eating his fingers. Violent stuff like that...but it wasn't always like this. I think they just started it not too long ago?

Discovered Stowaway

whats it about?

i heard it wasnt drawnn too well
    my CD, THE GLASS, is now available on the iTunes Music Store!!

You can also get it from CD Baby
    Become my friend on
    myspace!!

Yeah, I heard it started from recent volumes o.o

Thumbs up

viz bought hunter x hunter and how do u pronounce hunter x hunter. wat is the x? is it by,times, or x? idk

Quote Originally Posted by mr.allsunday
    Nice job jumping on the bandwagon there Aethos, I can only wish I was as cool as you

ive only seen the the first 20 or so eps of the series, and im into it. In regards to the recently lack of art quality, i hear the manga-ka was sick, and could not draw high quality manga.

The art in Jump's been pretty weak since the beginning. It's not a recent development at all. It gets redone for the book releases, though, and is usually better. The reason being that Togashi is essentially the only manga author/artist out there who doesn't enlist the help of uncredited assistants to fill in the artwork. Since he's running a one-man show (rather than a team), it tends to show.

Plus, he's got really cool special privliges from the Jump editors that allow him to slack off a bit.

Still, the series as a whole is fun.
    Do not offend the Chair Leg of Truth; it is wise and terrible.
    -Spider Jerusalem

Let's hope that once he's done releasing all the Complete version of YYH, his work gets a bit better in magazines.

Captain Panda, you say exactly same thing as my friend :P All you Togashi enthuasists :P

viz bought hunter x hunter and how do u pronounce hunter x hunter. wat is the x?
    I'm sure it'll be just same as Japanese; x is omitted: "Hunter Hunter".

I watched the anime, it is quite an interesting story. The art in the manga is..

Well I have a hxh maniac for a friend so I can ask him for everything ^^

One Piece

My favorite arc is the Greed Island one, the game was fun and the fights were really good!! The cards was interesting too, and I think the character settings for Bisuke fits really well (Being a weak-looking girl, she can hide from fights, meaning Gon and Killua still has to fight their own fights but has a teacher when not fighting).

The drawing are kinda bad...Yet I like it though, the simple lines that can still be known for what they show. The one thing I hate is the fact that he rests from releases so much (With lame excuses like spending time with his family!!). But, like Captain Panda said, he does work mostly alone (with the exception of his wife helping...), so I can't blame him too much...can I?

Anyway, Hunter x Hunter is gotta be my favorite manga right after One Piece.

the anime isnt as bad as the manga, and after i watched G.I final i was still hooked on it and took up the manga and i dont have that much problem with the drawings.
    Signature removed by Pepsi.

One Piece

I really, really disliked the G.I. anime...The eyes are much too large, the color hurts my brain, and it being cuts to bits (OVA2 and OVA3) just makes it more annoying. Like I said, I like it's manga style.

TheUprightMan83

I wasn't happy that the animation went digital in the last 2 OVA's, HxH just doesn't suit it.

Hawky Blue Eyes

haven't seen the anime yet, but I can't say I don't like the manga^^.

I for one am a really big fan of hunterxhunter loved it since i first began reading it.I was curious at first since i'm allso a big yuyu hakusho fan as well.Have you guys seen the artwork in chapter 255? * i think that's the latest chapter* the drawing's go from fast sketchy looking to nice and clean.I don't care what anyone says about this series hunterxhunter is still one of the best series out there it's in my top 5 manga's

being:

1.hunter x hunter
    2. one piece
    3. hellsing
    4. flame of recca
    5. gantz
    Member of Negima is Super Awesome
    MY YOUTUBE channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mcwhirlpoolinc?feature=mhee

welli liked the anime it was nice very nice do not read the manga yet

read the manga... it is much better....much much better.
    Member of Negima is Super Awesome
    MY YOUTUBE channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Mcwhirlpoolinc?feature=mhee

Thread Information