Page 25 of 151 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 125 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL RAW Discussion

Default Re: OFFICIAL RAW Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by BatDan
    *faints from awesomeness of colored picture*

*gets back up*

Now I have to wait for Gerusama to sub this.
    Just download it, it kinda helps to learn Japanese too :D You want to right?

Or, just watch ADC, until Gerusama releases it, they improved enough for me not to mock them so harshly now. :P

Whoa, nifty trick there Battle Franky. First image of animated Sogeking. I wonder if that appears in the episode, or the preview?
    Whatever the case, that's so going to be a gif by tomorrow evening. XD

PS. Crap, I forgot, I'm going to the mountains, I won't be able to see it until Tuesday. :P

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

The Saiyan Warriors Three FlapperPrower's Avatar

I really hope its tonight's episode.

Good, Sogeking finally appears, he should appear in my signature soon
    Currently writing a book

https://www.facebook.com/redjoekido

All right.

Just got done watching the episode on TV, and it was a good one. 257 covers the end of chapter 366 and all of 367, getting to the end of volume 38 of the manga.

The Luffy / Zoro combo move was pretty cool to watch in action, though I felt like it could have been animated better. The animation overall stayed pretty solid during the episode, though the very saturated colors kind of get on my nerves. Just doesn't quite capture the dynamic range of Oda's art style.

What I thought really shined through in today's episode, though, was the performances. Everyone was spot-on (except Ikura-san, but she doesn't coun't). They really managed to convey the drama and emotion of the lines from the manga, so I am quite happy.

Captain T-Bone makes his full-fledged debut in this episode, and he has a voice that perfectly suits the character, IMHO. He's got gravitas and sensibilities, and they're not going to matter one bit. Wanze and Nero also appear at the very end, but I'll reserve judgment on them until they've had some actual lines (Wanze sounds really weird to me, but I guess that'd suit the character just fine). But the real star of this episode (despite his minute-or-less of screen time) was...

SogeKing.

And I really like how they handled him. Kappei Yamaguchi really shines in this episode: he's quiet and heartbreakingly serious when Usopp leaves Sanji and Franky behind, but SogeKing has the perfect heroic voice: it's recognizable enough that you know it's Usopp, but it's also very clearly a different character. The sheer self-assuredness in his voice alone is something that Usopp never has, yet it's Usopp just the same. Regardless of whether it's what Oda intended, it only makes me more convinced that SogeKing is destined for big things in the fight against CP9.

But anyway, i'll leave my ramblings at that, and let the rest of you suffer until a raw comes out for download.
    Last edited by SaiyaJedi; February 26th, 2006 at 04:08 AM.
    Co-Translator, Podcast Regular, and Man-in-Japan at Kanzenshuu, your authoritative Dragon Ball online resource

wohoo. Finally the great AL wooping :laugh: and Soge for the cherry on top the cake :biggrin:
    He spent fifteen years getting loaded | Fifteen years 'till his liver exploded | Now what's Bob gonna do now that he can't drink? |

T-Bone's seiyu = Nishimura Tomomichi (西村 知道)

Wanze's seiyu = Yasuhiro Takato (高戸 靖広) <-- Mr.9/Buchi

I'm almost sure that's correct.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Battle Franky; February 26th, 2006 at 04:32 AM.

my nami addiction has been fulfilled by these screenshots. thx!

/me now waits for the new ep while watching the final of hockey.

Default ...and finally

Nero's seiyu = Hidenobu Kiuchi (木内秀信) <--- Dr. Kenzou Tenma :ohmy:

Is it just me or the animation is improving finally?
    ~*The princess and the swordsman*~
    How can you not fall in love with him?
    *>Zoro x Vivi shipper forever<*

Default Re: ...and finally

Quote Originally Posted by Battle Franky
    Nero's seiyu = Hidenobu Kiuchi (木内秀信) <--- Dr. Kenzou Tenma :ohmy:
    THAT will be disturbing...

Does anyone have the link of the maplesnow website where they have the latest RAW episode of One Piece.

Thumbs up Re: OFFICIAL RAW Discussion

Hah, this episode was great, the last 5 minutes alone was made of win and good. I agree with SaiyaJedi, Sogeking's voice is spot on, it wasn't too overdone or exaggerated, it's just as I hoped it would sound like, maybe even a little better. (Soge also does the #258 preview fyi) :laugh:

Yeh, I liked T-Bone's voice too, it fit really well. Though, Wanze's voice is a little disappointing, think Satori (same seiyu btw), but a more over the top/crazier tone, though he only has the one line, so it might get better or worse. As for Nero.. well, it's too early to comment. :closedeyes:

Anyways, the Train fights are right around the corner, can't wait for that. Plus, I think we'll be hearing some new music compositions begin within' the next episode or two, with Movie 7 coming out in a few days. As pretty much all the new original bgm are composed for movies, then integrated into the animation.
    Last edited by Battle Franky; February 26th, 2006 at 09:29 AM.

Ah, yes, I'm so happy that Sogeking appeared at the end of the episode, and not spoiled in the preview for the next one. :biggrin: I can't wait to see the episode, but I probablly won't get a chance for a couple of days.

OH SNAP! Wonder how the Sogeking Song will turn out. I'm thinking of a singing fest like when Folgore (from Konjiki no Gash Bell) debuted.

I always just figured he'd be singing a goofy song to himself, but who knows. XD I love Franky and Sanji's reaction to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Battle Franky

Though, Wanze's voice is a little disappointing, think Satori (same seiyu btw),
    YES! I fucking CALLED THAT!

Oh, and Akuma as T-bone?! Sweet!

WHY IS THERE STILL 7 HOURS LEFT OF THE DOWNLOAD @_@! I NEED SOGEKING! MUST MAKE GIFS! MUST MAKE SIGS!

It's in times like these I wished I had either a Maplesnow account or 100 mbits internet. Or both.
    Remember kids, you can't spell "slaughter" without "laughter".

Sadly, 4kids thinks you can't spell "laughter" without "slaughter", seeing as they kill a show while trying to make it funny.

Haha, yeah, saiyaman's raw is out~> http://bt.saiyaman.info/

Just.. 20.. mins.. more!! I'm very excited, I mean, a 2 week break!

Thread Information