+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Yakuza.

Default Yakuza.

Why is there no Yakuza thread?

This game is good. And the sequel is looking really pwnsome.
    Check it out:

http://kotaku.com/5129857/yakuza-3-w...ou-in-the-face
    ΩMEGA PIRATES: ? Members
    Captain: Zkaiser
    Threat Level: Pink
    Goal: Prove the Elemental Haki Theory

Default Re: Yakuza.

;_; Does want ;_;

English demo's out. I played it and liked it well enough, very repetitive tho. How about the first two? My local Walmart has the first for $20. I'd like to spend less on an older PS2 game, tho.

Get them, the Yakuza games are pretty good; they're practically the soul successors to the Shenmue series.

Also, demos don't always show the full/complete stuff a game has to offer, so there'll be more to it in the full game.

Yakuza 3's coming out in a week or 2 right? Well there goes more of my monies earlier than I expected XD.

BTW the Eng. release will have some stuff cut out...but I don't care, I'd still enjoy it regardless <3

Such as ?

Well I think they removed the hostess bar and a few other minor sidequest like locations.
    Not a big deal though so long as the main game is intact...for the most part =3

The hostess bar was in the demo, but the guy said they're not opening till "About the time you buy the full version."

lol, oh and they removed a mahjong mini game as well =/
    I wouldn't have mind if they delayed it's release for those stuff but what the hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Tizoc View Post
    lol, oh and they removed a mahjong mini game as well =/
    It was too hard to play anyway one of the missions in Yakuza 2 required you play Mahjong you were shit out of luck if you didn't know how to play.

It sucks they removed the hostess club... was really looking forward to that mini game :( Gonna get it on the release day anyway though. I loved yakuza 2 and yakuza 1 was a solid game too except for the dub.

Quote Originally Posted by Solid View Post
    It sucks they removed the hostess club... was really looking forward to that mini game :( Gonna get it on the release day anyway though. I loved yakuza 2 and yakuza 1 was a solid game too except for the dub.
    The problem is that the hostess club minigame wasn't the only thing removed, many of the other side games and areas where you could play things like mahjong and shogi were removed as well. Plus from what I have read on various forums MANY of the relationship quests have been screwed with in the west. I personally am going to go ahead and import the japanese version to support the game and later buy the north american version used to insure sega doesn't get a dime for this incomplete release. I can't tolerate this shit where companies think that westerners are to stupid to grasp Japanese culture. This sort of attitude is what you would expect in the 1990's with the gaming industry. It is unacceptable that there are still some companies who still hold it in freakin 2010. I will NOT support that kind of thinking.
    I am what I think and think what I am.

The fuckin' mahjong shit was required to get further in the game, wasn't it? There's probably less than .5% of American's who know how to play that shit. Then there's the Japanese culture quiz. If you're weeaboo enough to know this stuff, good for you, go ahead and import cause you probably know the language enough to understand it as well.

I don't support removal of the hostess club and altering of stuff like relationships, but the other stuff NEEDED, nay, HAD to be removed.

How large is the open world in the Yakuza games? Should I spend the money getting the previous two as well or just go with 3?

Quote Originally Posted by flybyshooter View Post
    The problem is that the hostess club minigame wasn't the only thing removed, many of the other side games and areas where you could play things like mahjong and shogi were removed as well. Plus from what I have read on various forums MANY of the relationship quests have been screwed with in the west. I personally am going to go ahead and import the japanese version to support the game and later buy the north american version used to insure sega doesn't get a dime for this incomplete release. I can't tolerate this shit where companies think that westerners are to stupid to grasp Japanese culture.
    Anytime you can't tell the difference between a chinese and japanese you are that stupid.
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; March 5th, 2010 at 09:32 PM.

Excuse me did we just slip 15 years back in time without me realizing!?

I just played a game where Cleopatra climbed a giant phallus and shot aborted fetuses from her vacuous nipples.

AND THEY WANT TO REMOVE HOSTESS CLUBS!?

What the FUCK!?

I need to know the title of that game, Greg. Like, now.

Dante's Inferno .

Shit, I should have guessed. Gonna wait till I'm done with the GoW series before I pick it up, tho.

Whoo hoo, I grabbed Yakuza 2 from a video store closing sale for 12 bucks today! I wanted to get the 1st one, but they opened it up and the case was empty.

I honestly don't even know what the game is about, it's just one of those names I keep hearing about.

LOVE AND PEACE

Gonna wait till I'm done with the GoW series before I pick it up, tho.
    Might not wanna do that...

Dante's Inferno boasts incredible design and it's a lot of fun but something tells me GoW3 will trounce it.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information