+ Reply to Thread
Page 830 of 830 FirstFirst ... 330 730 780 820 828 829 830
Results 16,581 to 16,596 of 16596

Thread: Super Smash Bros

Default Re: Super Smash Bros

Geno, Dixie, Shantae, Sora.
    I wouldn't hope for two 3rd Party characters from the same company. (Specially if same said company has already gave 2 of their characters already.)

Since Disgaea 6 will be a switch-exclusive, I sense a sword-wielding demon in Smash's future.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    Well I'm on the train that this is the dumbest "character" in the world, visually grating in every possible respect, and can't think of anyone who would be less fitting. It's always disappointing to think "yeah I'm never touching that." But sure, I guess it's going to float many people's boats.
    I personally love how he looks completely photoshopped in in the mural artwork.

wait wait wait, is that four different characters? Or just four different skins of the character?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    wait wait wait, is that four different characters? Or just four different skins of the character?
    Different skins, just like Hero/Bowser Jr.

Even if I don't like them visualy, the smash team just puts so much personality in each character that I can't help but feel impressed.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Took a look at the video and I'm probably gonna try it out, damnit. I have a soft spot for characters that hit hard to make up for other shortcomings (slow, bad reach, low jumps)

I played a little bit of Min Min and then didn't touch the game again. Probably gonna pick it back up for Steve

I never played Minecraft so I didn't care about that character but I must say I was very impressed by the work they did. The Mojang team must be beyond happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Conekiller View Post
    It doesn't take much reading between the lines to interpret Sakurai's comments into suggesting Nintendo basically twisted his arm into including him.
    If Minecraft had truly been forced upon the team at the protest of Sakurai it'd have been easy to just knock off a generic fighter with the Steve template and call it a day, but the absolutely insane dedication shown here-including by Sakurai himself- doesn't really speak to that. More that the team has gone wild with the unique opportunities coming with this brand.

Also, at this point I think they're knowingly playing up the established "beleaguered Sakurai" angle; Parasocial relationships and all that.

I don’t think the characters getting a lot of dedicated attention and detail says anything about how Sakurai feels about the character, otherwise that would imply he personally super cares about every single character given it has been a constant for smash characters to get a lot of love.

I think that’s just his personal approach to game direction with this game, and wanting to decline Minecraft was probably also because of this: he knew that to do a Minecraft character justice he would need building and crafting mechanics that would be challenging for the team to do properly.
    In terms of what he really cares for, you can tell that someone like Terry Bogard was far closer to a character he thoroughly was into. I don’t think he dislikes Steve or Minecraft, but I don’t think it does as much for him as Terry did. That presentation is the most love I’ve seen go into a DLC character.

When I saw the reveal Steve didn't look to fit my style.
    Apparently I was wrong because Steve is really fun.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    I wouldn't hope for two 3rd Party characters from the same company. (Specially if same said company has already gave 2 of their characters already.)
    I think there's hope for several more Microsoft IPs.

Square Enix just seems incredibly stuck up and uncooperative.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    I think there's hope for several more Microsoft IPs.

Square Enix just seems incredibly stuck up and uncooperative.
    What other IPs Microsoft have left?

Master Chief and the guy from Halo?

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    What other IPs Microsoft have left?

Master Chief and the guy from Halo?
    Doomguy, Battletoads, something from Elder Scrolls, Commander Keen, Dangerous Dave, something from Fallout...

I think I'd die laughing if Dangerous Dave in Copyright Infringement somehow made its way into a Smash character reveal trailer.

Last edited by RoboBlue; October 18th, 2020 at 02:09 PM.

Hey!

Is there a group of people here who play SSBU somewhat frequently? I'm always looking for more friends to play with in arenas.

A dog exists somewhere David Ludwig's Avatar

I do! Finally got a lan adapter a few weeks back.

Friend code: SW-5397-2122-6813

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information