+ Reply to Thread
Page 798 of 826 FirstFirst ... 298 698 748 788 796 797 798 799 800 808 ... LastLast
Results 15,941 to 15,960 of 16519

Thread: Super Smash Bros

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

Default Re: Super Smash Bros

There was a Spirit battle where Alph was possesed by another Pikmin lady that took an ungodly amount of time for me to bypass. The Rayman Spirit can just die in a fire! (I took the left path at the start)

Also, the re-challenge opponent door goes away if you lose again. I assume it'll just pop back up.
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

Quote Originally Posted by Conekiller View Post
    Also, the re-challenge opponent door goes away if you lose again. I assume it'll just pop back up.
    It comes and goes at random from what I have seen...considering I was basically doing clean up duty on unlockables my son didn't win. Still waiting for Ryu to come back.

Sweet Home Chicago Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

I'm disappointed that Ocelot can't go the full Baby Ocelot (Snake Eater) -> Troy Baker Ocelot (Phantom Pain) -> Classic Ocelot (MGS1) -> Liquid Ocelot (MGS4).

I haven't even touched spirits lol, been primarily playing smash after smash after smash.

From what I can tell, the CPU learns from what you do, because multiple times I kick their ass in the first stock then suddenly they're goddamn slippery and I can't land a hit in the second and third stocks. On the other end, I conditioned a Pit to use his reflect move every time I used a projectile, even when it wasn't aimed at him. (Testing done with CPU 7-9)
    So yeaa... great at showing you your habits and forcing you to try different tactics, but over time I will need actual people to get better.

Also, I love how I look at my friend's list to add my brother and fucking everyone was playing smash. First time I've seen that happen with any Switch release.

Finished my first play session. First impressions:

-Smashes seem a lot more satisfying in this game
    -I have no idea what these tickets and coins and SP do!
    -So...which Smash modes allow you to unlock characters? Cause it seems I did a Tourney for nothing.
    -Pretty cool how each character has their own unique Classic Mode
    -No Trophies this time? Instead we get Spirits? Hmm...alright.
    -I unlocked K. Rool. I am a happy chap

Sweet Home Chicago Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

What the fuck is this Kapp'n challenge.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Spoiler:

There's another Bob-omb. In my...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    What the fuck is this Kapp'n challenge.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Spoiler:
    https://i.redd.it/lr847m54mx221.png

There's another Bob-omb. In my...

Gotta love Metal Gear.
    FC: 5043 2397 0050 In Game trainer name (WolfWood)

I've finally unlocked every fighter through classic mode. Took me a good 15 hours.

Now I can check out world of light at my own pace.
    FC(3DS) - 2724-4238-5489 (LZTan)
    FC(Switch) - SW-3434-4042-7728 (Jin)

Bond en Avant practices drawing in SAI

I have also just finished unlocking all characters, though I did it through Smash battles and the cheese of switching language every battle.

OF COURSE, it figures that the character I wanted to use most, Palutena, was the fucking last one I got. Jesus shitfucks batman. But now I got her and she feels great and it's all good.

Universing Misunderstandal

Most spirit fights are pretty easy unless there are multiple targets or a short time limit, but I didn't think I was getting past Dr. Wily with his 8 metal Mega Mans (+a Dr. Mario) in a very uphill stamina challenge.
    I think it was the first fight that made me actually have to adapt spirits to win, since their health wouldn't drop very fast and mine would plummet because of their constant projectile spam.
    But I discovered Captain Falcon has a good way of dealing with that challenge...
    0% of story complete. There's plenty of work to be done.
    What's in a name?
    Ckaolradt, Esirnuset, Basaken, Artetzun, Faunthier, Yobenzarg, Hindriak, Jwapheonis, Quinoxund
    Some kind of effort not to be the same.

The Geno one was hard but cool.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by F13rC Pulse View Post
    Most spirit fights are pretty easy unless there are multiple targets or a short time limit, but I didn't think I was getting past Dr. Wily with his 8 metal Mega Mans (+a Dr. Mario) in a very uphill stamina challenge.
    I think it was the first fight that made me actually have to adapt spirits to win, since their health wouldn't drop very fast and mine would plummet because of their constant projectile spam.
    But I discovered Captain Falcon has a good way of dealing with that challenge...
    FC: 5043 2397 0050 In Game trainer name (WolfWood)

Finally beat friggin Kapp'n, just used Plessy and Snorlax. After that Iggy was cakewalk

There is a mallow spirit as well!!
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Finally finished everyone's Classic-Mode, as one of my old mains I left Toon Link for last.

Highest Intensity: 7.3
    Bonus Game: 142,780
    Credits: 1,728,600

Now to finally start the World of Light!
    Currently playing Pokémon Shield&Sword, Switch Friend Code: SW-6524-3266-0517

So, everyone else is also trying to unlock every character before going to Spirits mode, right? It is obviously harder for me, though, because while people are already making the transition, I just got to 46 characters (despite +13 hours)...

Also, maybe this chances on higher difficulties, but on the level I am currently playing Ike is absurdly overpowered. He became my cheat route whenever I tire of having my ass kicked by a character I am trying to unlock.

Unrelated: I wonder if I will ever get to a point when I will see "Shulk" and not mentally pronounce it as "She-Hulk"

My brother and I started with some 1v1 battles with the original roster to see how they play and unlocked some fighers. Then we jumped right to spirit mode because we are both good with Kirby and can rotate after each fight. We discovered that every fighter we unlocked in the Spirit Mode was unlocked for all other modes, so we continued.
    This method to unlock new fighters seemed rather slow though, even with occasionally dropping back into the main menu to force another challenger. 15 new fighters within 12 hours...

The varied matches and leveling your spirits really make that mode. We had a lot of fun. My brother hates Funky Kong now tho. His level in spirit mode was insane, even on easy (Is there a Spirit against Bullet Bills?). I think we did nearly 20 retrys :D
    "Often I think about my many comrades fallen by my side. I heard their curses against the war and its authors, the revolt against their murder. And I, as a survivor, believe that I am inspired by their will to struggle, for the idea of peace and human fraternity."
    Corp. Barthas, France, Feb. 1919

Got most of the characters now thanks to the reset trick. Has been a fun game, looks real damn pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

You won this week Fairy Tail.

so it seems there are three avenues.

1) The Classic Mode flow chart.
    2) World of Light
    3) Random versus battles, you get a new fighter every ten minutes(?)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information