+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26

Thread: Chapter 626: "The Three Neptune Brothers" Discussion

Nothing Really Mattress Czechmate's Avatar

Default Re: Chapter 626: "The Three Neptune Brothers" Discussion

I still don't see why everybody's writing Hodi off as a weakling because of one slash. Zoro just spent two years training under the world's greatest swordsman, and it's pretty obvious that Hodi had his guard down and was underestimating Zoro. No doubt the next time he fights Zoro or Luffy he'll be prepared and be using a metric butt-ton of ES; he didn't have a single one when he fought Zoro. But seeing how much damage he caused with Soshark and Yabusame he's obviously not a small fry, and his ego simply got the best of him; I'm convinced Hodi's gonna be proving his battle capabilities soon (as if destroying an entire ship and crew with his mouth alone wasn't enough).

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    Also...I feel it's time to ask this...what in the world does the "16 characters" mean?
    When people write a message fewer than sixteen characters (the forum's minimum input for a post), they add "16 characters" or some permutation to make their posts long enough to post.

It's just laziness.

Quote Originally Posted by Czechmate View Post
    When people write a message fewer than sixteen characters (the forum's minimum input for a post), they add "16 characters" or some permutation to make their posts long enough to post.

It's just laziness.
    16 chars of truth.
    3DS friend code: 2964-8756-2295
    Games: Pokemon Y & Alpha Sapphire

When you need drugs to be strong, in person you are just weak.

Nothing Really Mattress Czechmate's Avatar

That doesn't make him a dangerous and powerful opponent when he is using ES. This isn't about honour or weakness or any tripe like that, the guy's a monster and he's a fanatic.

You didn't get why people call Hodi weak, I explained why. What you say now isn't really relevant, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Czechmate View Post
    I still don't see why everybody's writing Hodi off as a weakling because of one slash. Zoro just spent two years training under the world's greatest swordsman, and it's pretty obvious that Hodi had his guard down and was underestimating Zoro. No doubt the next time he fights Zoro or Luffy he'll be prepared and be using a metric butt-ton of ES; he didn't have a single one when he fought Zoro. But seeing how much damage he caused with Soshark and Yabusame he's obviously not a small fry, and his ego simply got the best of him; I'm convinced Hodi's gonna be proving his battle capabilities soon (as if destroying an entire ship and crew with his mouth alone wasn't enough).

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

It's just laziness.
    Ahhh...I never thought of that.

The Hodi thing again. I always felt that with him, it'd be like a really strong guy using PCP. He seems to be typically stronger than average, as he spent time training for it. But he really thought Zoro wouldn't be a threat because he believes that humans are inferior in every way, so he didn't guard himself properly. Nobody in that room thought Zoro would be that fast underwater (I know I didn't o_o). That look on his face after the strike seemed to be a mix of pain, shock, and rage imo.

Yeah the drugs can be both considered a weapon and a cheating factor. They are a weapon much in the way Chopper's rumble balls are, but at the same time it could mean that he wasn't strong enough against Zoro. It could have meant that, but we won't really know because a minion put the pill in his mouth, not himself. They all seemed a bit frantic at the point. His croonies wanted him to snap out of it and just defeat them because their opportunity was slipping away.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information