+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Re:Zero

Default Re:Zero

I know this forum discusses mainly manga and not anime, but man, the new season of Re:Zero is really good. I already quite liked the first season - especially the third arc - but the current arc already tops that for me.

It will be hard for the series to top Subaru's meeting with his parents for me, because the themes for the episode really spoke to me personally and actually having an Isekai protagonist whose past life matters is also nice for a change. The scene where he finally is able to talk about his power was also really cathartic though. And with the end of the newest episode I really have no idea how this arc continues.

Otto is best boy btw.

Discovered Stowaway El-Matematico's Avatar

Default Re: Zero

I recently binged it, going in blind and liked it. However after catching up I've lost interest because it feels too slow and a bit repetitive.
    Wash your hands.

I binged a few months ago and have been following the new season weekly. I went in with close to low expectations and was quite amazed by it. Like I expected a small, not too dark adventure and oh boy

Man, at the start you think it's just another isekai with the death loop being a gimmick, but especially this season they go all out with the whole concepts. Seeing his previous deaths explored more was shocking, the only thing missing was catching a glimpse of my boy Betelgeuse again.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAppleJack View Post
    Man, at the start you think it's just another isekai with the death loop being a gimmick, but especially this season they go all out with the whole concepts. Seeing his previous deaths explored more was shocking, the only thing missing was catching a glimpse of my boy Betelgeuse again.
    At season 1, I was convinced that we had reached rock bottom for Subaru around episode 13-16 and after Season 1 was finished I was hopeful that worst was behind him....boy was I wrong.

Season 2 has been almost grotesquely cruel towards Subaru, I have to give hats off to Subaru, he is mentally as tough as they come, most would collapsed mentally by this point after all the pain and death he has been through. I also like that unlike 90% of Isekai's where MC is either overpowered or extremely lucky, Subaru is pretty much useless in combat.
    There is over hundred Isekais by this point but Re:Zero is very unique in many ways.

Universing Misunderstandal

When I first watched this show, I got hooked with the mansion ark experiencing just how differently characters would act based on Subaru's actions.
    It was simply fascinating to me since it made it clear each character has their own agenda, and it really made the conclusion to each loop feel like it had a tremendous payoff.

I absolutely adore the dub they released for the show on Crunchyroll, and that pushed me to start reading the Light Novels.
    Once I got through the ten that were on Bookwalker at the time, I read straight through to the current point in the web novels, and then read the tertiary What If stories the author released for critical junctures in the story.
    I love it all so much, Re: Zero is my favorite story. I live for all the character interactions, and can't wait for all the moments awaiting anime viewers with the rest of Arc 4 and beyond.

It is to be expected of an adaptation from a book series, but we miss out on so much that was cut out from the Web Novel going to the Light Novel, and from there going to the anime.
    For instance, in today's episode: (WN spoilers)
    Spoiler:
    Echidna's brief pitch for her contract read more like a manic confession, and was much, much longer.
    I feel like they got the gist of it across, but the way she kept talking on and on really gives you that incomprehensible mindset that an Archbishop of Sin like Petelgeuse expresses when no one bothers to interrupt them.
    There were more alternate presents explored, and some of the ones we saw went even further with Subaru's body being possessed by black shadows after his suicide and Reinhardt literally remaking the world with his sword in his attack against Puck.
    Imagine getting that powerful because a sword just loves you that much. Seems legit.

I do hope they touch up the English dub's second season at some point; while I love the VAs they have for Garf, Lewes, and Echidna, some of recorded lines have very noticeable audio distortions.
    I think they changed Wilhem's VA and it is very distracting in that first episode. Latest episode has been my favorite of the dub so far.
    Last edited by F13rC Pulse; September 23rd, 2020 at 05:48 PM.
    0% of story complete. There's plenty of work to be done.
    What's in a name?
    Ckaolradt, Esirnuset, Basaken, Artetzun, Faunthier, Yobenzarg, Hindriak, Jwapheonis, Quinoxund
    Some kind of effort not to be the same.

Is there anywhere else to watch this outside of Crunchyroll? It's going super slow for me right now

Discovered Stowaway El-Matematico's Avatar

Anime-Planet has it.
    Wash your hands.

Just finished episode 3

There’s gotta be save points right? I mean he can’t always go back to the very beginning and re do everything..... you know what don’t answer that, I assume I’ll find out soon enough

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information