Closed Thread
Page 54 of 500 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 154 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 10000

Thread: Bart Simpson Thread XI: The Movie - The Manga Adaption - The Animation

Default Re: Naruto Thread XI

Well, when Sasuke was a kid. His entire clan was killed by his own older brother (and Madara). Now, I don't know about you, but I wouldn't be so "happy-go lucky" about that if it happened to me. Just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by Enzeru View Post
    You pretty much hit the point Kareem. Nothing more to add. Kishimoto had a great start with this manga and in the end just screwed it. At this point I would be relieved if Naruto would come to an end. Am I the only one who's thinking that there's no real chance that Kishimoto could turn it into a enjoyable manga again?
    how about everyone on this forum. trust me, its not just you lol

Considering his family was plotting to pull a coup that would've sent the village into utter chaos and his brother killed them all to protect the village (Which is, above all else, a ninja's duty), Sasuke's "IMMA KILL EVERY1" thing makes him seem like a whiny douche more than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by KaizokuOLuffy View Post
    Well, when Sasuke was a kid. His entire clan was killed by his own older brother (and Madara). Now, I don't know about you, but I wouldn't be so "happy-go lucky" about that if it happened to me. Just sayin'
    People have always used that defense, and while you're right that Sasuke's angsty and even psychopathic behavior can be explained by his childhood trauma, it doesn't change the fact that Kishimoto writes him as one of the most unlikeable characters I've ever seen. Seriously, 3 people organized the death of his clan, so now he wants to kill everyone. People who cared for him and treated him as one of their own, he's going to kill everyone just because of three people! How the hell can anyone root for this guy! How can anyone defend him! The problem is he's not treated like a villain like he should be, if he were a villain we were supposed to hate, and Naruto hated him it could be justifiable. But no. Naruto is totally gay for him and thinks he's just a lost soul who needs to be redeemed. And that's the most frustrating aspect of the manga, everything that's interesting is tossed aside so we can focus on Naruto/Sasuke angst. Which I have NO INTEREST in. At all.

Edit: And yes Cyan. There's also the whole fact Itachi died still loving the village, so Sasuke is going against his beloved brothers will. He's all "I will not let Itachi's sacrifice be in vain!" (iirc) Except Itachi wanted there to be peace in Konoha. Hello.
    My Hero Academia is my favorite manga series right now. At least so long as the high of its greatness remains. United States of Smash.

There are still some enjoyable moments in this manga I think.
    In the last 200 chapters we got Raikage bitchslapping Sasuke, Madara pwning Konan (because she is a woman) , Gai vs Kisame, a gag with Naruto getting his head cut off when with Bee, the Danzo/Hiruzen story..
    Well that pretty much it..I still truly believe that Kishi has some talent left in him but his brains are stuck in this homo Sasuke vs Naruto storyline and he cant get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronrules380 View Post
    Someone seems to be forgetting frog suit Jiraiya
    That was just Konan hallucinating as she died.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Yes, you must be right. It was all Konan's hallucination. After all, something like that would be in conflict with other established aspects of Jiraiya's character and would have been totally pointless. Still, KIshi is stupid for putting that hullicination in the manga

I liked the frog suit...

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper King View Post
    I liked the frog suit...
    There are no such things in this wonderful manga.

Huuuh? Whaaaaaa?

What wonderfull manga?

Naruto needs to end. So they can make the kanzenban covers, and Jyrajia's one will be in the frog suit!

And the armadillo will get a cover also!

I meant okamadillo
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Sasuke's characterization is so inconsistent. Remember during the fight with Killer Bee it was shown, or at the very least implied that he was starting to think of the rest of Team Hawk as comrades similar to Team 7's early days before everything went pnts-on-head retarded? And then one arc later he just leaves them to rot and flips on the evil psycho switch without any kind of justification? I just hate how Kishimoto is writing him to be an unlikeable, murderous douchebag who's jumping further and further down the slippery slope, yet at the same time expects us to think he's redeemable and that we're supposed to root for Naruto doing so. Sigh.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    What wonderfull manga?

Naruto needs to end. So they can make the kanzenban covers, and Jyrajia's one will be in the frog suit!

I meant okamadillo
    You're talking about the spin-off here.

Huuuh? Whaaaaaa?
    Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    What wonderfull manga?

I meant okamadillo
    Are you guys familiar with the word 'sarcasm'? It's some really fine invention which allows people to make fun of things and seem serious about it at the same time.

Are you guys familiar with the word 'sarcasm'? It's some really fine invention which allows people to make fun of things and seem serious about it at the same time.
    I knew you were being sarcastic.
    You ever heard of confusion, Enzy?

I liked the frog suit...
    I thought the frog suits were just a peyote-induced hallucination I had.

Quote Originally Posted by RPGJay View Post
    I thought the frog suits were just a peyote-induced hallucination I had.
    Naruto manga pages are done with the pulp of the peyote plant, it's so strong that it's effects are able to go through scanlations.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Screw Danzou.

The cowardly, power hungry, hypocritical, ego inflated, douche bag. The only likable characteristic about him was he didn't take shit from anyone including Madara, and though Sasuke killed him he went out trying to take his enemies with him. Bravo for finally doing something good at the end of your life but you're still an ass hat with a "tragic" backstory.
    Everything's Eventual...

I would have respected Danzou if he wasn't such a cowardly hypocrite.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    Considering his family was plotting to pull a coup that would've sent the village into utter chaos and his brother killed them all to protect the village (Which is, above all else, a ninja's duty), Sasuke's "IMMA KILL EVERY1" thing makes him seem like a whiny douche more than anything.
    To be honest, I would troll Itachi by going against his wishes if he had mindraped me to protect me.

Thing is, Sasuke is not even character enough to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    Sasuke's characterization is so inconsistent. Remember during the fight with Killer Bee it was shown, or at the very least implied that he was starting to think of the rest of Team Hawk as comrades similar to Team 7's early days before everything went pnts-on-head retarded? And then one arc later he just leaves them to rot and flips on the evil psycho switch without any kind of justification? I just hate how Kishimoto is writing him to be an unlikeable, murderous douchebag who's jumping further and further down the slippery slope, yet at the same time expects us to think he's redeemable and that we're supposed to root for Naruto doing so. Sigh.
    Kishimoto wasn't ready to have Naruto convert Sasuke so he needed an excuse to keep him on the Bad Side.

I wouldn't be so pissed about Sasuke turning Evil if 1) I wasn't 100% sure that Kishimoto is going to redeem him and 2) he wasn't such a lame villain.
    Sig by Robby

Sasuke is godawful. But Japan is in love with him, whatchagonnado.

I was locked in debate against a Japanese fangirl on the subject of Sasuke, she kept defending him, and I kept calling him a terrorist lol.

Closed Thread

Thread Information