+ Reply to Thread
Page 630 of 643 FirstFirst ... 130 530 580 620 628 629 630 631 632 640 ... LastLast
Results 12,581 to 12,600 of 12847

Thread: Theories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread v.2

Default Re: Theories That Don't Deserve Their Own Thread v.2

Quote Originally Posted by gyuukarubi View Post
    This fact, alongside Germa’s cloning tech, makes me think that there HAD to be another version of Germa 66. How are they connected to Vegapunk and Baldimore?
    Vegapunk and Judge used to work together. That's pretty much it.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Vegapunk and Judge used to work together. That's pretty much it.
    Yes, but to what extent?

Yes, but to what extent?
    The manga did not elaborate. We might get a scrap of new information when meeting Vegapunk, we might not

Quote Originally Posted by Chams View Post
    The manga did not elaborate. We might get a scrap of new information when meeting Vegapunk, we might not
    I definitely think we must! And then we’ll see how Sanji is connected to this.

I keep thinking about how Whitebeard mentioned, during his last stand, that Ace’s flame will live on.

Was that to be taken literally?

Everyone talks about how Diable Jambe is caused by “friction” but they also don’t have an explanation for Sanji using it on both legs against Doflamingo.

Same with Luffy using Red Hawk underwater.

Niji used electricity without his Raid Suit as well.

I think this is all tied to Vegapunk and likely the past incarnation of Germa 66, but who knows?

There is no past incarnation of Germa 66. Only Real Life Germa and Comics Germa.

Everyone talks about how Diable Jambe is caused by “friction” but they also don’t have an explanation for Sanji using it on both legs against Doflamingo.
    The first incarnation of Diable Jambe was ignited by friction, but after the timeskip Sanji was able to use it freely.
    We've seen Marygold use a match to ignite herself in flames in a similar way. My guess is that haki is related to fiery attacks in some way, maybe it can fuel flames? Weak haki users may need an outside source to start the fire, but advanced ones can ignite it by themselves.

I don't think Diable Jambe is related to Judge's genetic manipulations at all. As far as we know, the modifications failed on Sanji due to Sora's attempt to nullify them.
    Last edited by Deicide; September 19th, 2020 at 08:19 PM.
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

Not sure where to put this. Theory about Zoro and the Sword Elder.

In video form here:

https://youtu.be/Ds5SKH6DLwc

In a previous video, I discussed a theory about Shanks and his possible connection to the Celestial Dragons, in which I brought up the idea the idea that Mihawk, his most notorious rival, shares the same iris pattern as the enigmatic secret world King Imu. I failed to elaborate on that point and, in truth, I’m not entirely certain what this implies. Zunesha, the giant elephant cursed to walk the world’s seas 1,000 years ago for committing an unknown crime, also shares this trait.
    I think this perhaps implies Mihawk has in some way encountered Imu or the world nobles, which might make sense if Shanks also has ties to Marijoa. If true, this has some interesting implications for Zoro, one of the Straw Hat Pirates, and what it might mean for his quest to become the World’s Greatest Swordsman.
    It’s somewhat remarkable how little time is spent on Zoro’s backstory in chapter 5. In less than half a chapter (7 pages) we learn about Zoro’s time as a student in Koshirou’s dojo. Oda elaborates on the history of the village where Zoro grew up and the dojo where he trained In the Volume 96 SBS.
    The Founder of Shimotsuki Village in the East Blue was Shimotsuki Kozaburo, who crafted Kozuki Oden’s two blades, Enma and Ame no Habakiri. Kozaburo was the elder in Zoro’s village and father of Shimotsuki Koshirou, Zoro’s sword master and grandfather of Shimotsuki Kuina, Zoro’s childhood friend to whom he made a vow to become the world’s greatest Swordsman. Kozaburo along with other members of the Shimotsuki Clan departed from Wano 50 years before the story began (9 years before the start of Oden’s flashback). The Shimotsuki helped the local villagers defeat a band of mountain bandits and founded the village. In SBS, Oda implies that Zoro is somehow related to the Shimotuski Clan despite the fact that his family name is Roronoa. This could mean that one of Zoro’s parents was a local villager and the other, maybe his mother, was a member of the Shimotsuki Clan from Wano. He indicates that further information may later be revealed in the narrative and the Wano arc provides the further opportunity.
    I believe Zoro’s connection to Wano and his dream to become the world’s greatest swordsman may be more closely intertwined with the central narrative than was at first apparent. I will explain in a future video the manner in which I believe the dreams of all members of Luffy’s crew, at least in part are related to Luffy’s dream of becoming Pirate King and the history of the One Piece world, but for now, let’s focus on Zoro.
    Following the tragic death of Kuina, Zoro’s dream is to become the World’s Greatest Swordsman such that his name will be great enough to be known even in Heaven.
    Oda frequently touches upon similar spiritual symbolism in relation to Zoro. Zoro wants to make his name known in the heavens. During Skypiea, he states his refusal to pray to any gods. Zoro’s aura when he faces Kaku and unleashes Asura resembles a demon (In Hindu mythology, Asura are powerful demigods / demons). Zoro is often branded as a demon with supernatural strength due to his prowess in battle. In Wano, it is believed that swords are bound to the spirits of those who carried them. The sword Zoro won on Thriller Bark was previously carried by Shimotsuki Ryuma, famous on Wano for having defeated a dragon, an event inspired by Oda’s one-shot story Monsters. He has since lost that sword and replaced it with Enma, a sword carried by Kozuki Oden, the name of which refers to the King of Hell in the mythology of certain Buddhist sects in East Asia. Wado Ichimonji, the sword he inherited from Kuina, means ‘Straight Line through the path of Harmony’. Following his defeat by Mihawk, Zoro receives the cursed blade Sandai Kitetsu in Logue Town. He tests the sword’s curse against his own fortune, emerging victorious and claiming the blade as his own. Its predecessor, Nidai Kitetsu is now in play during the Wano arc and the original sword of this line, Shodai Kitetsu, seems to be held by a member of the Five Elders given the similar tsuba guard and handle patterns, known as the tsuba and tsuka respectively.
    From Zoro’s three current swords, we can gain an understanding of his character. Branded a demon, or the King of Hell (Enam), Zoro is in truth a good, honorable man who walks the straight path of harmony (Wado Ichimonji), and fights against evil swordsman in his quest (Demon-Splitter; Kitetsu) to become the World’s Greatest Swordsman.
    This should lead Zoro to an ultimate confrontation with Dracule Mihawk, currently regarded as the World’s Greatest Swordsman. Yet the final conflict of the series following the discovery of One Piece is most likely to be against the World Government. Mihawk was never a true loyalist as a member of the Seven Warlords and now that they have been disbanded, his ties to the organization which holds power are seemingly severed. So how does Zoro’s quest now align with Luffy’s dream to become the World King?
    Well, I think we need to ask two questions. How Mihawk came to be regarded as the strongest swordsman in the One Piece world and what if he isn’t? I mentioned at the start of the video that the iris pattern Mihawk shares with Imu could imply some connection to the World’s secret king and perhaps more significantly, the Five Elders. Mihawk is the strongest swordsman on Earth, but what of the Heavens where reside the world’s nobility?
    As the story has progressed, we have learned that the Celestial Dragons, world nobles, live as ‘gods’, while those who oppose them are branded as ‘devils’ or ‘demons’. The people who carry the name D. for example are called the ‘enemies of the gods.’ From is introduction, Zoro is a good person, but is called a demon by the world around him. Luffy sees as much and invites Zoro to join his crew. In the world of One Piece, those who call themselves Gods are the true demons / devils.
    The moon, is frequently seen as a symbol of hope in the One Piece world, particularly in relation to those who guard the path to One Piece and await a future promised day. The clans of Wano, aside from the cursed Kurozumi Clan, match this nomenclature. The Kozuki Clan (Light Moon) were allies to Joy Boy, who crafted the Poneglyphs upon which the True History was inscribed.
    The Name Shimotsuki means ‘Frost Moon’. As implied in the volume 96 SBS, Zoro himself may be an heir to Wano’s history as a member of the Shimotsuki Clan to which Ryuma, Koshiro, and Kuina also belonged. Worth noting here that in Sabo’s flashback, we see that Koshiro may have been working with or supplying the Revolutionary Army lead by Luffy’s father Dragon against the world Government. Another of the clans of Wano, ‘Amatsuki’ means Heavenly Moon, to which belonged Toki, the wife of Oden whose Devil Fruit ability allows her to travel forward through time. Toki was born in the Void Century, but traveled forward 800 years into the future. We do not yet know anything about the Amatsuki Clan as none of its members have yet been shown during the Wano arc. To date, Toki is the only known member aside from the Amatsuki Clan, but perhaps there is another.
    It would be fitting if the Sword Elder is a member of the Amatasuki Clan (Heavenly Moon) and keeping with the symbolism surrounding the Celestial Dragons / World Government being false self-proclaimed ‘gods’. The history of Wano in the Void Century is not yet known. We don’t know which clan lead Wano during this lost epoch. Could the Amatsuki have been leaders of Wano? It’s worth noting that Oden’s wife Toki traveled forward in time from the Void Century, during which the current regime came to power and the world Government was formed. At this time, Wano’s borders were still open to the world. When Toki met Oden she was trying to return to Wano. Her ability seemingly transports people through time, not space. She would thus have already been outside Wano, for some reason, at the time she jumped forward from the Void Century. It actually seems Toki was born outside Wano, implying the Amatsuki Clan were living elsewhere during this time.
    Perhaps Sword Elder is the former Shogun of Wano, who ascended with the other ally monarchs to form the World Government in Marijoa. We have not seen the Wano style of garb, worn by this member of the Five Elders, outside of Wano. The emblem of the Amatsuki Clan, found on Toki’s kimono, appears to be a three pronged shape encircled by a crescent moon. It may be coincidence, but this mark bears some resemblance to the Hoof of the Celestial Dragon imprinted upon those enslaved by the World Nobles. The Sword Elder carries one of the cursed blades of the Kitetsu line. How would he come into possession of such a weapon? Shodai Kitetsu is one of the 12 highest grade swords in the world, unlikely to be found in the hands of a non-combatant.
    What then of Mihawk? Could he have crossed blades with or even have been instructed by this member of the Five Elders in the way of the sword? Could this explain his potential connection to Imu? Mihawk defeated Zoro when they first met, but spared his life because of Zoro’s character. He trained Zoro during the two year time skip. He is pushing Zoro to surpass him, perhaps with a specific purpose. What if there remains one opponent, unknown to the rest of the world to carry such power, whom Mihawk was unable to defeat?
    “Discover yourself. See the world. Strive to surpass me.” Mihawk’s words at the end of the duel on Baratie are later echoed by Rayleigh when he tells the Straw Hats to wait and see the world before learning the true history. Rayleigh sees the potential in Luffy to surpass the former Pirate King and thus takes him under his wing, mentoring him in the ways of haki in preparation for the New World Voyage. Rayleigh, who knows the True History, understands the weight that comes with taking up Roger’s mantle. He understood the importance of the voyage in preparing Luffy for this responsibility. We similarly see Mihawk recognize the yet to be realized potential in Zoro. Mihawk both pushes Zoro to surpass him and mentors him in the way of the sword, perhaps understanding that even when Zoro attains the rank of ‘World’s Greatest Swordsman’, one remains in the false heavens yet to be surpassed.
    Zoro began his journey with Luffy as a man falsely accused and labeled a demon. Standing in opposition to a false god of the Amatsuki (Heavenly Moon) clan who wields the cursed blade Kitetsu in the Holy Land Marijoa would be a fitting culmination to his journey to make his name ‘known in the Heavens’ and become the world’s greatest swordsman. If swords indeed are bound to the spirits of those who carried them, Kuina’s sword, her spirit, will have accompanied and aided Zoro in his quest to become the World’s Greatest Swordsman. We may yet learn more of the origins of the cursed Kitetsu blades and those by whom they were created. If history has taught is anything in One Piece, those branded demons are often anything but. If Zoro keeps Enma, the spirit of Oden is also ‘with’ him, representing Oden’s will to fulfill Joy Boy’s will, representative of Wano’s history in a fated duel against a member of the Five Elders.
    Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook, Jimbei, Carrot, Vivi, Smoker

"ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS" - The Great Pirate Edward Newgate

Kuzan formed Swords before departing the Marines and joined the BB crew because they have a higher chance to find the One Piece than anybody else in the NW at that moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowgreed View Post
    Kuzan formed Swords before departing the Marines and joined the BB crew because they have a higher chance to find the One Piece than anybody else in the NW at that moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think Sword was created by Sengoku, with Kuzan being aware of it. Rosinante was operating a lot like Sword, and X-Drake was probably a Sword agent before the timeskip. Sengoku pointing Aokiji as sucessor could be motivated by the later’s knowledge of Sword, so after his defeat to Akainu, Kuzan continued to serve justice through Sword.
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    I think Sword was created by Sengoku, with Kuzan being aware of it. Rosinante was operating a lot like Sword, and X-Drake was probably a Sword agent before the timeskip. Sengoku pointing Aokiji as sucessor could be motivated by the later’s knowledge of Sword, so after his defeat to Akainu, Kuzan continued to serve justice through Sword.
    I think with X Drake being the de facto leader of SWORD implies he's the strongest member in it.

I also think they wouldn't include someone who once served the World Nobles directly as part of SWORD, if only due to conflict of interest. SWORD seems to be an antithesis to CP0 after all.

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    I think with X Drake being the de facto leader of SWORD implies he's the strongest member in it.

I also think they wouldn't include someone who once served the World Nobles directly as part of SWORD, if only due to conflict of interest. SWORD seems to be an antithesis to CP0 after all.
    We know Drake has a rank of captain in SWORD, but I don't think he's the leader. We have no idea of how SWORD works.

We know Drake has a rank of captain in SWORD, but I don't think he's the leader. We have no idea of how SWORD works.
    I don't know much of Japanese, but I'm pretty sure Drake is introduced with a term that can be translated as "boss" or "chief". It's similar to term used for pirate captains and other leader figures.

Marine Captains use 大佐 (taisa), the formal rank that Koby has, for example. He's a Marine Captain, but not the Captain of Sword, just a member subordinate to Drake.

I'm re-reading Punk Hazard these days and something came to my mind...

Both Smoker and Tashigi found out they were not strong enough. Tashigi even questions how the Straw Hats became so powerful.
    Last we saw of them, they were heading for Vegapunk.

It's likely that we will see them again in the Vegapunk arc. But do you they may become fighters of the SSG?

I'm re-reading Punk Hazard these days and something came to my mind...

Both Smoker and Tashigi found out they were not strong enough. Tashigi even questions how the Straw Hats became so powerful.
    Last we saw of them, they were heading for Vegapunk.

It's likely that we will see them again in the Vegapunk arc. But do you they may become fighters of the SSG?
    Depends on what the SSG is.

But I agree that if there's a Vegapunk arc, Smoker & Tashigi will be present.

SOme people think the SSG is some kind of supermook army like a bunch of newest tech Pacifistas, but I think it's going to be a group of super marines hand-picked for specific tech enhancements for their natural abilities, elevating them to Shichibukai level.

I feel we will see every freaking foreshadowed technology from the beginning of the series to now being used in them. Like:

- DF-enhanced weapons.
    - Engineered Dragons
    - Artificial DFs
    - Cyborg enhancements
    - Genetic enhancements
    - Kairoseki weaponry

They probably will have the super-mooks like pacifistas and dragons anyway, but each "Captain" member of SSG will be as unique as you can imagine.

Dragon-tank rider? Check.
    Weapon master with DF-powered arsenal? Check.
    Kairoseki cyborg? Check.
    Crazy chimaera-like artificial DF? Check.

Things like that.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

I have no time to descend into a deeper analysis right now, however, given the overall theme ever since Punk Hazard (and Thriller Bark, too, to some extend), as well as the recent revelation about the Numbers, and what the future arc seems be, I wouldn't be too surprised if the second and third letters in the SSG acrynom were simply Super Giants. Maybe they're mindless cyborgs like Kuma which Vegapunk has found a way to gigantify for a short timeframe only. They're normal-sized except when needed for action.

Quote Originally Posted by Piitan View Post
    I have no time to descend into a deeper analysis right now, however, given the overall theme ever since Punk Hazard (and Thriller Bark, too, to some extend), as well as the recent revelation about the Numbers, and what the future arc seems be, I wouldn't be too surprised if the second and third letters in the SSG acrynom were simply Super Giants. Maybe they're mindless cyborgs like Kuma which Vegapunk has found a way to gigantify for a short timeframe only. They're normal-sized except when needed for action.
    I think SSG means Special Science Group? I don’t remember the source, but that’s in the Wiki...

The SSG is the Special Science Group branch of the Marines. And they are creating whatever it is that they think will replace the Shicbukai.

Quote Originally Posted by LightningAce View Post
    The SSG is the Special Science Group branch of the Marines. And they are creating whatever it is that they think will replace the Shicbukai.
    The SSG is also the name given to what they're creating.

Default Re: Greg: Teacher of SUPER " OP " course !

Quote Originally Posted by kevo_koma View Post
    BRO, we have seen multiple times that the Fruit abilities remain the same, despite its user.

We have Sabo and the fire Fruit.

We have Orochi's guy with the Clone fruit.

These fruit abilities remained consistent regardless of the user.

Therefore, the Rubber fruit would still retain its properties across Luffy and the previous user.

Yes, I will agree that one of the biggest mysteries in OP is how inanimate objects gain fruit abilities.

But the one thing that is 100% is that Roger did not have the Rubber fruit.
    Do you think that the former user of the Gomu Gomu no Mi used it the same way Luffy does? There's almost no way, given how creative Luffy has gotten with his ability.

The same thing is true with other users / Devil Fruits. It gets more complex when you combine a DF with haki, right?

Sabo was immediately able to use the Mera Mera no Mi, but I have my suspicions that part of Ace lived on within the fruit (and now within Sabo). Even then, Sabo's moves are a mix of his previous abilities and Ace's.

And you can't say that Roger didn't have the Gomu Gomu no Mi with 100% certainty — that's impossible to prove at this point. However, it is true that we don't know the former consumer of the Gomu Gomu no Mi... nor do we know if Roger had a Devil Fruit. It wouldn't be insane if Roger had it and also made it his own.

Quote Originally Posted by tolazy View Post
    I feel like the Gorosei are mostly commenting on what has happened and what it means for the system of the three powers. The content of the discussion between the Gorosei are two things: Shanks and what he is up to and the search for a replacement for Crocodile. In my volume they dismiss Shanks and what he is doing at that time, after they hear he only sent a messenger. To close the opening in the Shichibukai is more important to them.
    Why do they so easily dismiss two Yonkou getting into contact with each other? When Big Mom and Kaido linked, the Marines called a state of emergency.

It's because Shanks sent an envoy and the Gorosei clearly doesn't view him as a threat to world order.

They want to keep the balance of the three powers intact, not the Yonkos themself! The system of the three powers are nothing more than a means of keeping the status quo, which also means the WG stays - somewhat - on top of things. If anything, the scene shows how fragile the system of the three powers is and how important it is that everything stays exactly the same, because if even one player within the system falls out of his role everything gets destabilized. And at the moment the three powers are overbalanced after what happened with Crocodile and then Shanks takes for some reason action.
    They want to keep balance in the world through the three powers. Please reread the line — I think it's less ambiguous than you think:

“The destruction of the three great powers would reverberate throughout the world. They must be protected.”

This is the line, verbatim. They say they want to protect the three great powers — not dismantle any of them.

By the way, just because the Yonkos are considered one of the three powers of the world doesn't mean the Yonkos care about it or that the Gorosei aren't willing to erase one of said powers if it is convenience for them.

Or why did they allow the marines to go to war with Whitebeard over Ace, if they want to protect the Yonko as part of the system?
    Because Whitebeard arrogantly wanted to do what he wanted to do. His ship operates like a family and they have a code of conduct. He sent Ace after Blackbeard to take him out and refused to call him back.

The execution of the Pirate King's son was largely a publicity stunt engineered to strike fear in the hearts of pirates, hence why Marineford was so heavily armed. The Marines expected Whitebeard to appear and wanted to take him down as well

The Paramount War was Whitebeard's fault, not just Blackbeard's. Blackbeard had no intention of killing Ace at first — his initial target was Luffy, remember? He wanted to deliver Luffy's to the Marines for a spot in the Shichibukai. Blackbeard even asked Ace to join his crew initially!

Whitebeard could have called off Ace at anytime and chose not to out of pride. The WG certainly wasn't concerned with Whitebeard's operations prior to this, as he was able to operate for more than 20 years after Roger's death. Whitebeard may have broken a social contract here — one in which all of the Yonkou have entered. It wouldn't be the first time he rebelled against authority (a la Rocks).

Really?Because it sounds and looks like Shanks doesn't really care whether the WG will interfere or not. But that is how I read and interpret the scene.
    That's exactly how I read it as well. Why?

Think about how feared the WG is by EVERYONE in the series. They commit genocide on a whim. Why is Shanks so nonchalant? Seemingly, because he isn't worried about the potential backlash.

Is this because Shanks is just that strong? Or is it because he knows he won't be punished? Something similar happened when he asked Sengoku for Ace and Whitebeard's bodies.

Heck, maybe Shanks is a part of Sword? 🧐

Huch? He knows something? Well... he remembers how he lost his arm. Nothing special her for me.
    You are also leaving out the reason for Shanks to seek out Whitebeard: to warn him form BB and to persuade him to call back Ace for the time being. Shanks even states that he has only one scar which still hurt, and that said scar was caused by Teach. So, Shanks simply took what he knew from personal experience, what he knew of Ace and concluded, that a fight between BB and Ace would end bad for one of the two. This has nothing to do with haki. It's plain old logic. Hell, the first time i read that whole scene I thought 'uho... doesn't sound good.'
    I agree with you, that Shanks is concerned about the new era and the possibility of it spiralling into chaos. But how did he see it coming? I would say he used once again plain old logic.
    Shanks knew that a fight between BB and Ace would end badly for Ace. Hence the warning.

I agree that Shanks was concerned about the new era, but we can't rule out that this was prophecy. After all, Shanks first attempted to speak with Whitebeard all the way back in Jaya. Maybe he knew something. We still don't know what happened between him and Kaido.

Are you seriously want me to believe, that Shanks has advanced observation haki, which allows him to see a future many year away?? How do you even get that out of the scene you quoted?
    Is this really that far-fetched? Katakuri can see the future. Shyarly too. Everything Usopp has lied about has eventually come true. The power exists in this world.

Yes, the Gorosei are questioning the current system, but at the same time they are thinking on how to fill the openings within Shichibukai. They are still intent to keep the system of the three powers in the way they can do it: appointing new members for the Shichibukai.
    Initially, but they eventually move to destroy the Shichibukai after the system has been rocked too hard. We know that currently, the Shichibukai are awaiting Buster Calls. The system can no longer be maintained due to Luffy, whom they've been keeping tabs on since their first appearance.

To answer your question: No! Because the Gorosei don't appoint a Yonko.
    IIRC, somebody "gains" the title of a Yonko if he/she is recognized as a ruler of the New World by the WG and other pirates (which is the reason why Luffy's title als Yonko isn't legitimate). It took BB a war against Marco and the remains of the Whitebeard Pirates to be recognized as a Yonko. And he had two devil fruits, powerful crewmembers and he knew the Whitebeards territories very throughly. So knowlegde and power are not enough to become a Yonko without being recognized as the absolute top tier.
    Furthermore, the Gorosei are commenting on the happenings within the pirate world and BB chances as a potentional new Yonko, which they can't really influence contrary to who gets a place within the Shichibukai or what the marines do.
    Do you know this for a fact or is this an assumption? I think it's the latter :)

Go back to 594 — the Gorosei are discussing who the frontrunner for Whitebeard's replacement in the Yonkou will be. They settle between either Blackbeard or Marco + Whitebeard Pirates.

Then what happens during the 2 year timeskip? Marco is defeated by the Blackbeard pirates, cementing the latter's status. We have no clue if he was appointed, but he seems to be living comfortably.

Yeah, Shanks did use Buggy and his ability there. But dont't forget the panel on the next page where Buggy realize that Shanks is his ticket out of Marineford. So Buggy is just as much using Shanks as Shanks is using him.
    Can't right now remember where a young Shanks was shown to manipulate Buggy.
    Young Buggy seems to really dislike Shanks, who has done something unforgivable. Buggy also laments that Shanks used Buggy as an errand boy — which seemingly happened in the past, too.

Shanks may prove to be a manipulative person; we'll see.

I fear my take not only on the scenes is very different from yours, but also my view on Shanks. You see something dark (I don’t want to say sinister or evil) in Shanks character and what he does.Whereas I see a character with an unknown agenda/motivation, maybe with some grey areas in the moral department, but general considered as one of the good guys. This view of course affects how we look and interpret this scene.

I feel a lot regarding Shanks and what/why he does is still up for interpretation because his motivation is unknown to us. Whether Shanks is truly a good guy or a bad guy looking like a good guy is something we as reader can only decide once we learn of Shanks motivation.
    Just to circle back on this, recall chapter 96: entitled "The Greatest Evil in the East". What do you make of this menacing face, covered in shadow?

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    Is it possible that Roger had eaten the Gum Gum fruit? Yeah, I suppose, but I think it would be pretty bad writing from a guy who has been pretty careful with things like that. It would be way more than unusual for Roger to have had the same fruit as Luffy and no one to have commented on it.
    Why would it be bad writing? It's possible that Roger used it differently (or obtained the power later in life). We've never seen Roger's full abilities.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information