+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A-Kon 22 - June 10th-12th 2011

Default A-Kon 22 - June 10th-12th 2011

http://www.a-kon.com/

Same place as usual :P

One Piece Gatherings:

Friday: 4-5 PM (I assume the cancer plaza, will update)
    Saturday: 1-2 PM in the Photo room, AND 3-4PM outside again.

These are general photoshoots, not panels or events.

We're creeping up on that time of year again, it's probably time to start planning if you haven't already XD

So here is the roll call thread. Also, did we want to try an AP gathering this year? I was thinking maybe a brief hang out period Saturday night perhaps, or maybe dinner.

. tumblr
    . mfc .
    . ask for FB or AIM/Skype .
    . psn & nintendo id squeesax . 3DS FC: 3797-6626-6957 .

Likes the way you smile =D Retro's Avatar

Default Re: A-Kon 22 - June 10th-12th 2011

Cool, I'm gonna try to volunteer again this year. Hopefully I'll catch the photo shoot.
    Get nuts or go crazy trying.

Awesome! :)

I think my current plan so far is for Sabo Friday, and something else Saturday.

I'm torn between a few other things, and trying to do Shiryuu. I can deal with Shiryuu at AFest, except OP is totally obscure at AFest :/ I guess I can try, and if it's not all done by A-Kon then so be it. But I cannot wait anymooore~

. tumblr
    . mfc .

Not sure what plans are yet, but I'll try my best to be there all weekend if my job allows.

will only be there Saturday and Sunday, and on Saturday, sis and I have a 4 1/2 hour drive x.x so we probably won't make the first photoshoot at all T____T but hopefully we'll make the rest! Not entirely sure what cosplay to bring, but it will all be One Piece sadly xDD

On the cosplay cruise! MoonNeko's Avatar

Nothing sad about One Piece cosplay, and this time I'm going to go outside no matter what! Sorry, but it's always going to be insanely hot during A-kon, and I'm usually wearing something insanely stupid for A-kon heat, and I'm sure as hell not letting it stop me from going outside and do a shoot, absolutely NO WAY :D

There are a couple of people I know coming with health issues, and it would be insanely irresponsible and stupid to ask them to come outside in their heavy costumes. I think outside shoots are wonderful and great if you can stand the heat, usually it's not as melting hot at the beginning of June like it was last year. Just in case it is, there's one inside for the people who'd like it.

I'm going to wear Sabo to the Friday one if it doesn't interfere with this party thing my friends want to do >___>
    Last edited by Arei; March 17th, 2011 at 10:14 AM.

. tumblr
    . mfc .

bringing 2Y luffy and skypiea luffy ^.^ hopefully I can get the gold ball to work because I'm really excited about that! This year at A-kon I'll actually be caught up to one piece unlike last year XD I think last year i was at the beggining of water 7. oh the spoilers T.T Can't wait to see all the other OP cosplayers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    No, we met a God cosplayer.

Take the One Piece Character Quiz!

On the cosplay cruise! MoonNeko's Avatar

I'm super excited about the outside shoot and getting to meet a bunch of new One Piece fans x3

@Ally can't wait to see your awesome Luffy in person!!

About 2 1/2 weeks to go now, we're almost there~

Excitement and sick feeling in the pit of my stomach at the same time @_@

. tumblr
    . mfc .

Hmm at first I was not going at all, but I may still have time to request Saturday off for the con. I am going to Florida to visit my boyfriend, decided to push it to the next weekend anyway, so I might still show up anyway.

Don't have any new cosplays finished though =(

aw jealous. just throw an old favorite on neko. i'm wearing chopper again at anime north.

Anybody need a hotel to crash at? (or an apartment in the area I can crash at?)

Treasure Cruise ID: 785,854,335
    LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

Quote Originally Posted by taboo View Post
    Anybody need a hotel to crash at? (or an apartment in the area I can crash at?)
    I would offer my place if I didn't live all the way in Carrollton. I miss living near downtown (but then again... )

10 more days :3

I'm having fun with Sabo's coat *heavy sarcasm* The pattern I used was the biggest piece of shit. Hopefully I can get this looking decent because this is the cheapest looking tail coat I've ever seen, I can't beleive they thought that would be ok...

. tumblr
    . mfc .

how far of a drive are you now? and no dart train near by? it takes me 2 hrs one way to commute to anime north. I camped out in one of the hotel lobbies saterday night. @_@

I'd say its about an hour drive for me, but Dallas traffic sucks balls. I'm technically in Denton county, which is north west of Dallas county. Plus, I only have my truck to drive, which has the worst gas mileage ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Arei View Post
    http://www.a-kon.com/

Same place as usual :P

One Piece Gatherings:

Friday: 4-5 PM (I assume the cancer plaza, will update)
    Saturday: 1-2 PM in the Photo room, AND 3-4PM outside again.

These are general photoshoots, not panels or events.

We're creeping up on that time of year again, it's probably time to start planning if you haven't already XD

So here is the roll call thread. Also, did we want to try an AP gathering this year? I was thinking maybe a brief hang out period Saturday night perhaps, or maybe dinner.

Only problem, last year they didn't have rooms till 4:30, then weapon check took a hour...
    Well still wanna see the other cosplayers, cancer center is where outside smoke area?
    ďAre you willing to risk your life? Now that youíve drawn your pistol, are you willing to use it?

I'll see you guys on Saturday, maybe part of Sunday since I have to work that day. I doubt I'll be cosplaying anything, I'll be sure to wear something that will stand out though!

I've been sick and tired from all the hacking that I didn't rush through Sabo to get done, but, I still should be recognizable ^^

. tumblr
    . mfc .

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information