+ Reply to Thread
Page 152 of 208 FirstFirst ... 52 102 142 150 151 152 153 154 162 202 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,040 of 4160

Thread: Attack on Titan

Default Re: Shingeki No Kyojin (Attack on Titan)

Second this chapter, you cannot reach your objectives by sheer effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    I'm gonna go ahead and say no when it's very clear that it's a crunchyroll rip. Maybe indicate that it's out on crunchyroll or some other free scan, but def no official viz or crunchyroll simulpubs just flat out stolen.
    I didn't know it was a crunchy roll one. Well people should at least still link to crunchy roll then. It makes it easier for everyone else.

It looks like the live-adaptation movie for SnK is getting lots of negative responses.

There's a pretty positive review from a reviewer on ANN, too. It sounds interesting from the interviews, they specifically say Isayama gave them free hands to make their own thing.

There's lots of stuff announced for the series - looks like a game by the Dynasty Warriors team, an anime of the Junior High Spinoff along with volume 17 and the new chapter coming.

I'm actually pretty curious to see the live action movie eventually based on that review and the fact that it's made clear that it's going to be different from the series, I haven't seen that part emphasized by the movie writers with other live action adaptions. I'm open to different interpertations of stories, all that matters is whether it's a good movie by itself.
    Last edited by Kizuchan; August 4th, 2015 at 12:59 PM.

Well, it isn't getting positive reviews from Japanese reviewers.

Yeah, the director was pretty vocal about the criticism towards the movie. I kind of understand, but it also seems kinda unproffessional.

I'm really interested in this movie. Sadly it isn't shown anywhere in europe. So we have to wait for the BD release?
    "Often I think about my many comrades fallen by my side. I heard their curses against the war and its authors, the revolt against their murder. And I, as a survivor, believe that I am inspired by their will to struggle, for the idea of peace and human fraternity."
    Corp. Barthas, France, Feb. 1919

Quote Originally Posted by Kaizou 10 View Post
    Well, it isn't getting positive reviews from Japanese reviewers.
    Honestly I am not surprised.
    Shingeki No Kyojin series has a unique world that is very much a character of its own.
    The movie seemed like to say "screw it, we can't get western actors to speak japanese for us".

I'm more interested in its box office numbers.
    It is reportedly the most expensive Japanese film ever made.
    Will it earn its budget back? Can it stop Jurassic World which opens today in Japan?

Worryingly, Part 1 is 90 minutes long. Why split the movie into two if it's just so short anyway?
    With so much negative reaction Part 2 may suffer in its box office profit.

Finally what was the general reaction to other manga-based live action films?
    Death Note, Gantz, Ruroni Kenshin, Parasyte, 20th Century Boys, Kaiji etc?

Funny how most of these were 2 part event movies.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Kizuchan View Post
    Yeah, the director was pretty vocal about the criticism towards the movie. I kind of understand, but it also seems kinda unproffessional.
    This reminds me of Kevin Smith's rant about critics thrashing Cop Out lol.

3DS Friend Code: 3196 - 6799 - 6143

I watched it on Sunday and was rather disappointed as well. Was definitely expecting a bit more.

Titans were as creepy as they could get though, I'll give them that.

There aren't actually many reviews out. There's the negative one that the director seemed to be reacting against, then there's the positive ANN one, then there's Kotaku's negative review and then there's another positive one, here.

I don't really trust Kotaku on anything, though. Most of that review really was just hung up on how "different" it is from the manga and anime despite claiming otherwise, it's interesting how the positive reviews mention Eren, but Kotaku's didn't even say a little about him. The SS comparison thing is the wierdest one to me - I suppose everything related to military has to be compared to the Nazis. It's also wierd to be complaining about it being melodramatic, when the actual anime is pretty melodramatic itself.

But even the most negative reviews seem to praise the atmosphere and horror of the Titans, which is what sounds to be the most interesting part of the movie, it'd be curious to see it just for that and for the fact that they keep repeating it over and over that this is it's own thing - again, I rarely see that done.
    Last edited by Kizuchan; August 4th, 2015 at 10:53 PM.

Well it is weird to change something notable like the uniforms. And setting...I think they really did take too many liberties with the screen play. Having modern weapons also dampens the hopelessness...And sunglasses. Wtf? And really if they weren't going to be able to have European actors I don't really understand how they envisioned this story to work. And Mikasa's back story I suppose changes as well. I'm curious what they came up with in place of basically being one of the last people with asian hertitage.

The titans looks really awesome though. I'll give them that.

This explains a lot of things, actually. They just had a lot of limitations imposed on them, but they wanted to try. Nothing wrong with thinking the changes really are for the worse on the reviewer's part (hey, maybe the movie IS really bad), the review just seems kinda shallow. Why are any of these supposed changes to the characters bad for the story? Why is removing the Asian plotline bad for the story? Why is changing the setting to Japan bad for the story? The review never goes into that, really.
    Last edited by Kizuchan; August 4th, 2015 at 11:16 PM.

I'm much much much more interested in the game that was announced today than the live action movie.

600 million yen weekend for SnK live action.
    it was at number 1 spot but it doesnt look like an amazing start.
    Dragonball movie had 900 million start and Hero and Bakemo no ko all had 700 mil start.

Heck Minions whih opened almost similar date as SnK had 500mil opening weekend.

Mission Impossible and Jurassic World only needs to worry about each other.

3DS Friend Code: 3196 - 6799 - 6143

Spoilers are out!

Spoiler:
    They set off to the basement by the end of this chapter and there is in fact a teaser with Reiner and Bertholdt at the end.

Looks like none of which I predicted was covered (Annie, Connie or the Ackerman mystery) - I'm wondering when that stuff will be adressed.

http://yusenki.tumblr.com/post/12598...spoilers-ch-72

Honestly, sounds like a great character-centric chapter.

I really hope, that those two Guys, on the last Page of Chapter 72, die a really really gruesome and slow death. Whatever the purpose of theirs doings is, to many died and lost everything.
    Great Chapter. September will be very Action-packed.

So I kinda feel like an idiot now, since I recently learnt Hange's gender was completely ambiguous, and nobody in the manga ever referred to *redacted* by any gender-specific pronouns.

Which is weird bacause I could have sworn otherwise. I suppose that's just the scanlator's fault, or mine, it depends.
    Seems like a pretty random tidbit of information to add to a character, but I guess that just indicates how little I actually am aware of this series.

Chapter is out on Crunchyroll!

The character development was great. Basically almost every panel had some sort of meaning in character interactions and how much they've grown. It's magical. I appreciated the moment between Levi and Erwin especially because they're my least favorite characters in the series and I feel that little exchanges between them helped to humanize them more, particularly Erwin. Looking forward to next month a lot! I actually have very little idea what to expect from the expedition itself other than that they have to make it to Wall Maria. The chapter made sure just about any character could die for various reasons.

It's been month since I last read a chapter of Attack on titan (still on ch 62), is this arc still going on?

Quote Originally Posted by LegendarySSJ4 View Post
    It's been month since I last read a chapter of Attack on titan (still on ch 62), is this arc still going on?
    You still have a bit to go in that arc but we're just starting a new arc now.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information