+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 272 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 155 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 5440

Thread: Western Comics thread

Default Re: American Comics

Just wanted to let u guys know that the Dr. Strange animated movie is out on DVD, it also has a preview of Avengers Reborn....something to do with the Avengers as teenagers or something IIRC...hope it isn't....

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer pokemaster95's Avatar

I used to be interested but Im just got into manga and those are better but Green lantern and x men is the only comic i would read.

I'm kind of the opposite. My interest in manga has mostly faded, I didn't even download the Usopp vs Perona fight a few weeks ago. I'm big on Huston, Brubaker, and Bendis' Marvel stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman-12 View Post
    Just wanted to let u guys know that the Dr. Strange animated movie is out on DVD, it also has a preview of Avengers Reborn....something to do with the Avengers as teenagers or something IIRC...hope it isn't....
    Ugh, that looked gross.
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Franky
    Bad move, bub!

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer Ms. Suave Debonair's Avatar

God, 'ringo's death is a real shame. He had such an awesome talent and the sudden, unexpected nature of his death just makes it all the more sadder.

No one posted this yet?
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Bad-Beat View Post
    God, 'ringo's death is a real shame. He had such an awesome talent and the sudden, unexpected nature of his death just makes it all the more sadder.

No one posted this yet?
    Spoiler:
    HOW? unless theres a time paradox where it goes back to that day to prevent his death or he becomes C.A Zombie hero..bringing him back from the dead ,if thats the case, makes NO SENSE!
    (never read the comics,but still)
    <Avi Drawing Credit to PirateNeko
    My DeviantArt:http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/
    My FC is 3308-4620-6155

No one posted this yet?
    I know nothing about comic books, but didn't they have a funeral and everything for this guy?

Other than some back-issues and Batman, I haven't been following any other comics lately.

Anyone have recommendations? I'm kind of looking for superhero stuff, but I'm not a big fan of the dialogue in most current superhero books.

No one posted this yet?
    It was in-fucking-evitable.

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Carter View Post
    It was in-fucking-evitable.
    I would of been more surprised if it didn't happen.

Spoiler:
    Skrulls were involved probably.

There's been a new update. If you notice, that's Namor on Cap's right and Bucky on Cap's left. Hmm...where could the fire be coming from? Possibly Human Torch? And why is it Bucky, and not Winter Soldier?

I would of been more surprised if it didn't happen.

Spoiler:
    Skrulls were involved probably.
    I agree with that statement.

I bet it still ends up with a Captain America back into the Marvel Universe.

NRAMA: And in-continuity, and will have repercussions?

AR: It will have repercussions, yeah.
    yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyep.

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kuro View Post
    Other than some back-issues and Batman, I haven't been following any other comics lately.

Anyone have recommendations? I'm kind of looking for superhero stuff, but I'm not a big fan of the dialogue in most current superhero books.
    World War Hulk might tickle your fancy, it's pretty much Hulk Smash everything, with very little dialogue and not alot of layers.

When you say you don't like dialogue, do you mean you don't like the way it's written, or you don't like alot of it?

I'd reccomend 52 heavily, it's a great great great series, and the trades will all be out by the end of the year. (1 and 2 of 4 are already out) And even though it's a big event title, it's very self contained and is pretty approachable without a heavy knowledge of DC. (which is a rarity for them)

If you like alot of violence and action, coupled with good story and dialogue and character interaction, then pick up Villains United and Secret Six, and pretty much ANYTHING written by Gail Simone.
    ArticUNO ZapDOS MolTRES!!!!!!!!

Holy crap, I never noticed that!

Quote Originally Posted by gogoedward View Post
    When you say you don't like dialogue, do you mean you don't like the way it's written, or you don't like alot of it?
    Well, it's kind of hard to explain. I guess I'm looking for something that doesn't have a lot of unnecessary talking. That's just the mood I'm in right now. Maybe I'll be able to explain it better later, I'm in a hurry right now.

If you like alot of violence and action, coupled with good story and dialogue and character interaction, then pick up Villains United and Secret Six, and pretty much ANYTHING written by Gail Simone.
    I liked Villains United, and Secret Six was good too (although I didn't like it as much as VU).

SO far my review on Infinite crisis companion and this is my 1st review Part 1.
    Spoiler:

infintie crisis confused me at first,due to new characters like the 3 marvels, Zatanna,Blue Devil,Nightshade..etc.but as I started to read this comic, it became more understandable.
    Also this book is released into 4 parts.so far I've read the 1st part,which focuses on Dr.Strange and the shadowpact,So far I liked the battle between spectre and Nabu, and the battles of the other creatures. 2nd part is focused on Green lantern,which is what I am reading now and I think its was dramatic.The battle between the great force and the two green lanterns...epic battle, It made said when jenny died in the 2nd part of the series..seems every part of the comic shows a different time era or different set of heroes.

I will be reading parts 3 and 4 tomorrow
    <Avi Drawing Credit to PirateNeko
    My DeviantArt:http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/
    My FC is 3308-4620-6155

Quote Originally Posted by KaizokuFan22 View Post
    SO far my review on Infinite crisis companion and this is my 1st review Part 1.
    Spoiler:

infintie crisis confused me at first,due to new characters like the 3 marvels, Zatanna,Blue Devil,Nightshade..etc.but as I started to read this comic, it became more understandable.
    Also this book is released into 4 parts.so far I've read the 1st part,which focuses on Dr.Strange and the shadowpact,So far I liked the battle between spectre and Nabu, and the battles of the other creatures. 2nd part is focused on Green lantern,which is what I am reading now and I think its was dramatic.The battle between the great force and the two green lanterns...epic battle, It made said when jenny died in the 2nd part of the series..seems every part of the comic shows a different time era or different set of heroes.

I will be reading parts 3 and 4 tomorrow
    They all take place around the same time, they just follow different story lines that are all happening at the same time.

The Infinite Crisis Companion is actually a tie-in to Infinite Crisis, so alot of what's going on you might be a little lost on.

It's ALSO a sequel to 4 seperate mini-series that were lead-ins to Infinite Crisis.

Basically you jumped right in the middle of DC's giant crossover event.
    ArticUNO ZapDOS MolTRES!!!!!!!!

Holy crap, I never noticed that!

Quote Originally Posted by gogoedward View Post
    Basically you jumped right in the middle of DC's giant crossover event.
    That's never good...

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kuro View Post

Iron Fist, Thunderbolts, and Cap are in very strong runs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Franky
    Bad move, bub!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information