+ Reply to Thread
Page 282 of 287 FirstFirst ... 182 232 272 280 281 282 283 284 ... LastLast
Results 5,621 to 5,640 of 5736

Thread: Western Comics thread

Default Re: Western Comics thread

Jason Aaron wanted a Hulk, but Ewing rightfully refused to share (and can now claim he is writing a critical and financial hit about THE HULK) so instead he made the sassy and fun Jennifer Walters the token dumb Hulk instead.

People got mad so he even wrote an entire faux-feminist issue about how ACTUALLY being dumb is freeing to Jen.

That's dumb and petty as hell.

It bothers me because this comes right after Mariko Tamaki did an awesome solo run where due to Trauma, Jennifer actually DID go savage and became a Gray She-Hulk but it was actually explained and explored in the story as she coped and overcame her Trauma and ended up back to normal by the end of it in a really satisfying and deep storyline.

Only for Aaron (who's writing I normally love BTW) decided "Ok, but what if we just made her savage again" and it basically feels like it's just dialing back on that very good solo book.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

Strange Academy has been so far a very nice book.
    Now to the Weekly X:
    Spoiler:

You die in the otherworld you die for real.
    I don't have time today to read the Giant X-men Tribute to Wein and Cockrum, but it looks like a retelling of Giant X-men 1 done by various artists, which is nice.

I only saw 9 swordbearers. Is the last one not revealed yet

Quote Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
    Spoiler:
    Gorgon has two of the swords, there's the deal with Betsy and Brian being representatives too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanessa View Post
    Hidden:
    Some think it's Magneto. Some think it's Jamie Braddock. Some think it's Jean. But the prophecy only named 9 people.

Saturnyne mentions 10 swords...
    Spoiler:
    With Gorgon having two (godkiller & grasscutter) we're left with 8 swords and 9 people.
    Muramasa = Logan
    Sword of Might = Betsy
    Grasscutter = Gorgon
    Godkiller = Gorgon
    Warlock = Cypher
    Soul Sword = Illyana
    Scarab = |A|
    Light of Galador = Cable
    Skybreaker
    Starlight Sword

the eight prophecies give us 9 people (Bradrock twins), there's one sword missing a wielder. Going by the blacked out shot of the fighters in the ten of swords in volume 1, the figure only fits Magneto.

What are the series you guys have been discussing the last few pages, X-men and swordmen stuff, what is it and is it worth reading?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    What are the series you guys have been discussing the last few pages, X-men and swordmen stuff, what is it and is it worth reading?
    X of Swords is the first X-men event including all of the titles since the start of Hickman's soft reboot. There's like, 90+ floppies that give you context on the new X-men status and thing leading to this event, but I guess you can always just follow the 22 titles of the event.

I think X of Swords would be difficult to understand without at least having read House of X/Powers of X.

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    X of Swords is the first X-men event including all of the titles since the start of Hickman's soft reboot. There's like, 90+ floppies that give you context on the new X-men status and thing leading to this event, but I guess you can always just follow the 22 titles of the event.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    I think X of Swords would be difficult to understand without at least having read House of X/Powers of X.
    If its not to much to ask could you give me a list of what to read in what order, Id really like to get back into the X-Men again and from how much you guys post about it, it looks like its really good

If it’s not to much to ask could you give me a list of what to read in what order, I’d really like to get back into the X-Men again and from how much you guys post about it, it looks like it’s really good
    Besides the alternate order of House of X/ Powers of X, all my files are in publication date order:

Last edited by pariston_hill; October 1st, 2020 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Better formating

If it’s not to much to ask could you give me a list of what to read in what order, I’d really like to get back into the X-Men again and from how much you guys post about it, it looks like it’s really good
    House of X/Powers of X has been collected in a beautiful hardcover book (and is also available on Comixology digitally).

https://www.comixology.com/House-Of-...l-comic/806714

The many series that followed are being collected as their own series but also bundled together as chronological collections called Dawn of X (which are pretty affordable on Comixology) and collect each and every X-Men book running. I think they’re at volume 9 now and the final volume, which is 16 and collects everything preceding the current crossover, comes out in March. By that point, the collection of said crossover, Swords of X, should also be out.

https://www.comixology.com/Dawn-Of-X...-series/138719

That’s the most affordable legal way to read.

EDIT: actually the most legal way to read is through Marvel Unlimited, which is a comics streaming service and has everythign available up to six months ago (so March 2020).

Thank you both! I’m gonna check it out

If you want to read Marvel comics on a Budget, Marvel Unlimited is EASILY the best way.

It's not expensive, it has SO MUCH, and it's only 6 months behind the regular issue releases.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

X of Swords
    Spoiler:

The swords listed, people traditonally linked to named sword or likely associated with it
    1.Muramasa - Wolverine
    2.the Sword of Might - Brian Braddock
    3.the Starlight Sword - ?? .... likely Betsy due to her connections to Otherworld and Starlight Citadel
    4.Grasscutter - Gorgon
    5.Godkiller - Gorgon
    6.Warlock - Doug (traditionally not a sword but has long history of connection with Doug)
    7.Soulsword -Magik
    8.The Scarab - ?? .... likely -A- due to his connection to Egypt, using an Egyptian sword and scarabs used in scared icons
    9.The Light of Galador - Cable
    10-Skybreaker -?? .... likely Storm due to connection to sky/weather

There is only 8 prophies. One mentions twins, so like is Brian & Betsy Braddock.
    Another prophesy mentions a champion fighting two wars. Gorgon uses two swords; Grasscutter & Godkiller.

While the 10 of Swords tarot card does have 10 silhouettes and one matched Magneto, it should be noted that none of the prophies relate to Magneto.
    Nor does Magneto have any connection with the named swords, historical or some sort of element connected to him

Warning - If not seen images for covers, this is a big spoiler!
    Spoiler:
    Also to be noted that in covers for the events, Magneto is not one of the big players, but those named above are, even Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by Katzztar View Post
    X of Swords
    Spoiler:

The swords listed, people traditonally linked to named sword or likely associated with it
    1.Muramasa - Wolverine
    2.the Sword of Might - Brian Braddock
    3.the Starlight Sword - ?? .... likely Betsy due to her connections to Otherworld and Starlight Citadel
    4.Grasscutter - Gorgon
    5.Godkiller - Gorgon
    6.Warlock - Doug (traditionally not a sword but has long history of connection with Doug)
    7.Soulsword -Magik
    8.The Scarab - ?? .... likely -A- due to his connection to Egypt, using an Egyptian sword and scarabs used in scared icons
    9.The Light of Galador - Cable
    10-Skybreaker -?? .... likely Storm due to connection to sky/weather

There is only 8 prophies. One mentions twins, so like is Brian & Betsy Braddock.
    Another prophesy mentions a champion fighting two wars. Gorgon uses two swords; Grasscutter & Godkiller.

While the 10 of Swords tarot card does have 10 silhouettes and one matched Magneto, it should be noted that none of the prophies relate to Magneto.
    Nor does Magneto have any connection with the named swords, historical or some sort of element connected to him

Warning - If not seen images for covers, this is a big spoiler!
    Spoiler:
    Also to be noted that in covers for the events, Magneto is not one of the big players, but those named above are, even Brian.

Ah the good o'l
    Spoiler:
    Red herring. Get's them every time.

Weekly X
    Spoiler:

Krakoa is male and Arakko is female. Got it.
    Hell is the best forge. Once again I'm bothered by a muscle less skeleton being able to move, one in particular that's coated in a extremely dense skeleton I might add.
    I'm digging' the info on the kingdoms of the Otherworld, but will it ever be relevant again? What was the price Logan paid to Solem?
    I do despite the Wakanda isolationism, as if they are all "high and mighty holier than thou" to the rest of the world. What is political strife in the face of extinction of life in this world?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information