+ Reply to Thread
Page 279 of 287 FirstFirst ... 179 229 269 277 278 279 280 281 ... LastLast
Results 5,561 to 5,580 of 5736

Thread: Western Comics thread

Default Re: Western Comics thread

Geez. Disney should just buy Dark Horse at this point if they're going to take away literally every book that made them money.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

By this point I think Disney enjoys bleeding out to die other companies.
    And goddamn I had a perfect image about but can’t find, my compulsive obsessive behavior is gonna bother all day.
    Last edited by pariston_hill; July 5th, 2020 at 08:56 AM. Reason: found it.

I thought it was neat, so I am sharing it.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...f=project_link

So X-Force 10 hit the shelves.
    Spoiler:
    So are they poly now or is this a bull scenario? And to no surprise Hank Machiavellian plot blow on his furry face.

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    So X-Force 10 hit the shelves.
    Spoiler:
    So are they poly now or is this a bull scenario? And to no surprise Hank Machiavellian plot blow on his furry face.
    Spoiler:
    They've been poly since that X-Men #1 map with the adjoining rooms

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Spoiler:
    They've been poly since that X-Men #1 map with the adjoining rooms

Giant Size Magneto
    Spoiler:
    And somehow is Emma the winner of the edition. And Namor is unbearable as ever.

On a completely unrelated note, since I'll not be following the current Empyre event:
    Spoiler:
    Since when Hulkling unified the Kree and Skrull empire? Because when Jesscia was to have her baby Carol sent her to a space hospital where a assault group of skrulls was trying a coup on their adolescent ruler.

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    On a completely unrelated note, since I'll not be following the current Empyre event:
    Spoiler:
    Since when Hulkling unified the Kree and Skrull empire? Because when Jesscia was to have her baby Carol sent her to a space hospital where a assault group of skrulls was trying a coup on their adolescent ruler.
    Spoiler:
    It's quite recent. Hulking was shown to be still on Earth during the early chapters of Strikeforce ... and he was still a couple with Wiccan then. I think it was the one-shot Incoming that showed Hulking leaving Earth and being 'crowned' as the two races uniting. That issue was either in Jan 2020 or just before/after that, it showed some threads that were suppose to happen this year.

Katzztar my heroine bring all the answers to my questions.
    I rather stay with just my X-men and Ms Marvel, maybe some Wade Wilson if I heard it's back being good. Civil War II: Fascist Boogaloo leave a bad tase in my mouth.
    Oh G. Wilson has already stared her Wonder Woman? On sic...Bendis stated Superman?

Are you guys gonna watch any of the virtual San Diego Comic con events? If so what ones?

New Mutants 11, Hellions2 and Wolverine 3 out.
    Spoiler:
    New Mutants keeps being good, although having a Doxxing site maned Dox is a little dull. Hellions, guess who's back, back again, Maddie's back. Logan a man with a plan, i like that.
    So Russia is doing a "Soviet Mutants Cartel" and Brazil is dropping whatever the hell those beast were supposed to be near the gates. Nice to see the stupid mutant hate in Marvel Universe still strong, guess that's what makes the Xmen always relevant, racism is a cancer that's hard to get rid off.

New Mutants 11

Hidden:
    I just don't understand why this book continues to exist post-Hickman. It has no mission statement and it could've been during any other time in X-Men history. Plus Brisson is obsessed with worthless characters like Glob, Armor, his creepy twins, the MLF (!), basically anyone who isn't a New Mutant (or any of the quality characters available to him from Gen X and NXM). Flaviano's art is okay though.

Wolverine 3

Hidden:
    Not much to say about this. Writing good, art good. I liked the setup for the CuckooxCable romance coming up next week in Cable #2.

Hellions 2

Hidden:
    Continues to be king shit. We stan the legend Madelyne Pryor. Even underdeveloped characters are fun and intriguing in this. Wells and Segovia are a perfect team because they're both extremely underappreciated in their respective field.

X-Men/FF 4

Hidden:
    Not as much a dumpster fire as the previous 3 issues, but it doesn't justify its existence. I guess it functions as Kate Pryde holdover now that she's dead. I think everyone predicted the mini would end with Franklin continuing to live with his parents but going to school on Krakoa/

Empyre: X-Men 1

Hidden:
    Why is a crucial piece of plot being sold as extraneous event tie-in??? I'm glad Wanda is finally trying to redeem herself, even if it resulted in her fucking things up again. The art and some of the dialogue was exquisite.

Yay Golden Girls Cartel is back in action. it's been awhile.

Weekly X-follow up:
    Spoiler:
    Poor Esme, even you mother thinks you need a heart break. Lesson learned, never pick up strange alien swords no matter how cool they look.
    Cant' say much for a event tie-in that I'm not following, specially on focused on a character I only know through the wiki.
    This new X-Factor seem pretty cool. And 20+ years of character development and Northstar still a douche that just très magnifique.

I actually enjoyed X-Factor, it's moved past X-Force and bumped out X-Men in my top 3 X-titles. And if they don't get some answers for what's happening around Kate, it may overtake Marauders=
    1. Marauders
    2. X-Factor
    3. X-Force

That small scene between Lorna and Magneto with her asking him what he though about her personality and he was all quiet, with only change in facial expression was raising one eyebrow. Sometimes, that's all you need to get a point across in a story.
    Lorna's character has been inconsistent throughout the years: from mere arm-candy to third-wheel hero to victim of possession to ???? then victim again of self-claimed sister Zaladane stealing her powers and we see new powers of Lorna's .. which don't take long to disappear and never see again, regain her classic magnetism, hero again, super-powered detective, and mental instability (WHILE that current story focused on her being Mags daughter, as if writers think being his daughter means gals must go insane)

Maybe not in that order and likely left some out but it paints a picture= there is no consistent personality for Lorna Dane, unlike 'Eyeboy: who's helpful and seems somewhat naive. Rachel: hard as nails from hell of a past but still fun loving. Dakken: complete asshole, he knows it and doesn't care. Then there's Northstar: from day 1 he's been self-confident and supremely arrogant, so callous that he rarely showed concern for teammates save for his sister

This writer realizes that Lorna is lacking a defined personality, so poked some fun at that and seemed to promise that maybe, just maybe, they will flesh out Lorna's personality here.

Th

Speaking of X-Men THE BEST WOLVERINE RUN IS GETTING AN OMNIBUS!

I'm so friggin' PSYCHED LET'S GOOOOO!!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 • Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

They’re collecting the Larry Hama/Marc Silvestri run? Cool.

What with X-Men movies in limbo, and artist made some cool pictures of how ACTUALLY to make the original costumes work for live-action rather than just dress everyone in black:
    https://nerdist.com/article/x-men-co...l6VcwSX2GQciqU

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    What with X-Men movies in limbo, and artist made some cool pictures of how ACTUALLY to make the original costumes work for live-action rather than just dress everyone in black:
    https://nerdist.com/article/x-men-co...l6VcwSX2GQciqU
    But but MuH TaTicAl SuiTs?
    Seriously get rid on the standardized tactical suit for MCU, just look how bland Taskmaster looks in Black Widow.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Giant Size Fantomex and X-men Empyre 2
    Spoiler:
    Wait how long has Fantomex been alive? I don't thing that matches with the Uncanny X-Force backstory.
    On the Empyre thingie, the Narco ladies are really fun. And was that a fucking Mojo/Shadow King fusion on the las page?! I know they are working with former enemies to create a better mutant world, but why the fuck resurrect the Shadow King. Essex is more trustful than the mind parasite.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information