+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 5 Favorite Arcs?

Default Top 5 Favorite Arcs?

What's everyones top five favorite arcs in the anime so far?(This is for the anime, not the manga so fillers in certain arcs are put into consideration) You could mention Marineford if you like since the majority of it is done.

For me:

1. Thriller Bark Arc-I just love the whole horror/monster theme as well as Brook's introduction.
    2. Arlong Arc-Is what really got me hooked to One Piece. The fights were great and there was a lot of strong emotional stuff that really drove this arc.
    3. Alabasta Arc-What can I say? Was huge in scope and I love Baroque Works as the villains but I did miss the feeling of being ocean sailing pirates. I also thought that the filler in the desert dragged a bit when they were crossing.
    4. Drum Island-The flashbacks for Chopper have me sold each time...though there were A LOT of repeating those same flashbacks during the arc.
    5. Loguetown-I liked seeing them get all prepared for the Grand Line with Zoro getting his new swords and such. Though I DESPISE the episode where Sanji has that cook-off.

Haven't watched Skypiea in a long time but now that I've got the first 3 voyages of the funi dub, I'll rewatch it dubbed and see if I can remember how I felt about it.

Default Re: Top 5 Favorite Arcs?

Well my top, are the old ones :D! and with some kind of social problematic.

1.- Arabasta, indiscuted my first place... Until this arc, OP was an other more fighting Shonen to me. Next, one of the best series I ever seen.
    2.- Arlong Arc, really good one... the emotive parts really reach me on, I keep watching OP seriously cause to this arc.
    3.- Drum Arc, have one of my favorites OP episode ever, (Hiluluk final chapter)... And the end was really enjoyable to me.
    4.- Sabaody arc, really short although intense arc to me, with nice animation chapters, and the social drama, the prison slaves dominated for the racist classism of the Tenryubitos. Built an excelent arc to me.
    5.- Ennies Lobby arc, at margin of the excesive fillers and slow pacing, this arc was the better, or one of the better animated ones to me. And the final episodes (with Nico Robin flashback history included), and the Going Merry farewell, really brought me to tears.

Special Mention to G-8 arc, I'm not counting in the list cause is filler. But I'm think this "filler" arc, was better than other "no filler" ones. Established the end of the old OP style of animation and the beggining of the new one...
    Last edited by Serphirs; December 31st, 2010 at 05:37 PM.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Everyone here knows there's nothing better than a good ol captain vs captain fight in onepiece it captures the very essence of One Piece.

That being said the 5 beast er best arcs are.
    1. syrup village
    2. baratie
    3. arlong park
    4. drum island
    5. thrillerbark

Loving One Piece is 97 percent emotion, two pct loving Luffy .5 pct watching usopp work his majic and .5 gar.

Skypiea
    Drum Island
    Thriller Bark
    MarineFord

And my TOP TOP TOP favorite arc is...Water 7*!! (Ta-Dah!)

*That includes Enies Lobby and the ride on the train.

1. Water Seven (Not counting Enies Lobby)
    2. Alabasta
    3. Loguetown
    4. Impel Down
    5. Arlong Park
    Last edited by Kylor; December 31st, 2010 at 03:19 PM.

1.)Marineford
    2.)Enies Lobby
    3.)Skypiea
    4.)Impel Down
    5.)Baratie

Fuedal Knight Ganzack Pirate Captain Ganzack's Avatar

Being a loser who hardly reads the manga or watches the anime, I'm only at Enies Lobby, so I guess this is what I'd consider my top favourite arcs.

1.Skypiea Arc-A very long arc, but I found it quite memorable because of the Shandians and Eneru. I really hope Eneru returns into the plotline of the manga. Though it would never happen, an Eneru and Strawhat team-up would make me moist.

2.Alabasta Arc-Next to Eneru, Crocodile is one of my favourite antagonists, so I really enjoyed this arc because of him. I also liked Vivi, as grating as she could be sometimes. She was kinda cute. Also, Carue was midly amusing to me.

3.Arlong Arc-I got to see Usopp kick ass and one of my favourite fights in the series so far, not to mention it was heart-wrenching to learn about Nami's past. Makes you teary-eyed when you see her stab her tattoo over and over.

4.Drum Island Arc-Of course, hearing about Chopper's back-story was just crushing, and there was a sense of urgency, what with Nami's disease and all. I can admit, Vivi was kind of annoying here, but it was sort of justified when you look at it from her perspective.

5.Davy Back Fight-I really loved how light-hearted this arc was, and I couldn't help but enjoy Foxy and his minions. I admit, I have a small thing for Porche. <3 I just couldn't resist that cute nose and that honey voice. Special points goes to some of the filler characters. I really liked that Chucky Cheetah. (Yes, I know that's not his name)

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate Captain Ganzack View Post
    Being a loser who hardly reads the manga or watches the anime, I'm only at Enies Lobby, so I guess this is what I'd consider my top favourite arcs.

1.Skypiea Arc-A very long arc, but I found it quite memorable because of the Shandians and Eneru. I really hope Eneru returns into the plotline of the manga. Though it would never happen, an Eneru and Strawhat team-up would make me moist.

2.Alabasta Arc-Next to Eneru, Crocodile is one of my favourite antagonists, so I really enjoyed this arc because of him. I also liked Vivi, as grating as she could be sometimes. She was kinda cute. Also, Carue was midly amusing to me.

3.Arlong Arc-I got to see Usopp kick ass and one of my favourite fights in the series so far, not to mention it was heart-wrenching to learn about Nami's past. Makes you teary-eyed when you see her stab her tattoo over and over.

4.Drum Island Arc-Of course, hearing about Chopper's back-story was just crushing, and there was a sense of urgency, what with Nami's disease and all. I can admit, Vivi was kind of annoying here, but it was sort of justified when you look at it from her perspective.

5.Davy Back Fight-I really loved how light-hearted this arc was, and I couldn't help but enjoy Foxy and his minions. I admit, I have a small thing for Porche. <3 I just couldn't resist that cute nose and that honey voice. Special points goes to some of the filler characters. I really liked that Chucky Cheetah. (Yes, I know that's not his name)
    I'm overall pretty okay with Vivi. I don't hate her like a lot of people do(though I can see why they may hate her ), the episode that got me so mad at her was when they were in the desert and the whole episode new monsters and stuff kept popping up and it was a running gag throughout the episode that she was like "oh, I probably should have mentioned >>INSERT LETHAL AND DANGEROUS CREATURE/OBSTACLE HERE<<". That got me ticked

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Im guessing she ass annoying in the dub otherwise she pretty epic. A princess that left her country to join a criminal origination for her country. Even though one piece is for kids it's really not for kids they can't appreciate it.

1. Skypiea Arc
    2. Davy Back Fight
    3. Marineford Arc (epic shit)
    4. Enies Lobby
    5. Impel Down

Arigatou!

1. Skypiea
    2. Thriller Bark
    3. Enies Lobby
    4. Marineford
    5. Jaya

1. Skypiea
    2. Arlong
    3. Enies Lobby/Post Enies Lobby
    4. Sabaody
    5. Baratie
    Last edited by andre; January 1st, 2011 at 12:25 PM.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

1 - Marineford
    2 - Jaya
    3 - Water 7 / Enies Lobby
    4 - Arlong
    5 - G8

1)Alabasta
    2)Skypiea
    3)Marineford
    4)Thriller Bark
    5)CP9

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

1.Jaya
    2.Post Enies Lobby (Garp’s appearance, BB vs. Ace, WB and Shanks)
    3.Baratie
    4.Loguetown
    5.Sabaody archipelago

It pains me to leave Skypiea out of it, but that’s how it is. If you consider post enies bobby part of the EL arc, then even better since I also liked the arc, especially due to the fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper King View Post
    Skypiea
    Drum Island
    Thriller Bark
    MarineFord

And my TOP TOP TOP favorite arc is...Water 7*!! (Ta-Dah!)

*That includes Enies Lobby and the ride on the train.
    Hah your unique. :D. Everyone seemed to like Thriller Bark very little (including me). Marineford. Enies Lobby. And i hated Skypiea because of Anime pacing. In manga it wasn't bad. Just the anime had too many episodes for Skypiea. But i personally didn't like any of them the least, but i couldn't wait for Skypiea to be over since i was catching up.

The Ugly never die loneassassin's Avatar
    A solid gold house with a rocket car in front

1. Skypiea Arc
    2. Arlong Arc
    3. Alabasta Arc
    4. Sabaody Arc
    5. Marineford (even though it isn't finished yet.

If you are gonna shoot, shoot. Don't talk
    RIP Eli Wallach

3DS Friend Code: 3454-0518-6166

1. Thriller Bark
    2. Marineford Arc
    3. Impeldown Arc
    4. Enies Lobby Arc
    5. Alabasta Arc
    OPTC (JPN) FC: 223.189.439

So I decided to do a little tallying and it looks like the most popular arcs are:
    Arlong- 8
    Skypiea- 8
    Marineford- 8

Followed closely by Alabasta and Enies Lobby both at 7

The rest going down the list:
    Drum- 5
    Thriller Bark- 5
    Baratie- 4
    Sabaody- 4
    Impel Down- 4
    Loguetown- 3
    Jaya- 3
    Davy Back Fight- 2
    Water Seven- 2
    Post Enies Lobby- 2
    Syrup Village- 1
    G8-1
    CP 9 Saga- 1 (I'm going by how their listed since this probably counts for Davy Back Fight, Water Seven, Enies Lobby, and Post Enies Lobby).

Interesting rankings.

O-chan
    Check out my artwork and my musings here:
    http://o-chan30.blogspot.com/
    http://ochan28.deviantart.com/

Marineford War - Is all kinds of awesome courtesy of the most epic character in One Piece, old man Whitebeard.
    Alabasta
    Enies Lobby

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information