+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 606: Adventure in the Depth

Default Re: Chapter 606: Adventure in the Depth

Franky MVP of this chapter. Him slowly finding Caribou while the latter was orgazming over his brilliant schemes was hilarious. And Oda seems to have used the original story for the Flying Dutchman, as Brook told it, but all magic should be handled by DFs, so I'm curious how that will turn out.
    One Piece Recaps
    576 577 578 579+580 581 582-584: part 1 part 2
    585-587
    Formerly known as JackVance

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Stjernberg View Post
    And is that giant the same size as Wolf? :O
    Quote Originally Posted by KiShiDo View Post
    BTW I bet my ass that San Juan is from the same race as this giant.
    Same size and appearance. Chances are he is related somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by KiShiDo View Post
    BTW Caibout can't escape out of the barrel? Is his logia really that useless?
    Pretty pathetic, and managable, indeed.

Pretty kool how Luffy tamed the Kraken, some Krazy Haki to pull that off. Caribou has to kool it with his "Im gonna kill them" bit for a while again. Once the crew figures out his ability they'll find ways to keep him quiet.

"He is now declaring his words to the WORLD!"

So much comedy gold these last chapters!

Franky's curious head beside Caribou's scheming tongue-licking visage was just too hilarious.

I lol'd at Brook's "A GHOST SHIIIP!?"

A nice character moment with him too. "I'm used to being alone." Daaaaw I fucking love Brook. Robin warning Chopper was nice too, but Chopper is a medic, he should probably know better.

Oda is really cramming everything he knows about the deep sea into these chapters! Plus awesome youkai. Though it's kind of contrived that not only do the SHs stumble upon the legendary Flying Dutchman (whose backstory is amazing btw), but at that precise moment the volcanic shafts choose to erupt (or do they erupt fairly frequently? Though if they did I don't imagine Van der Decken would choose that place as an area to wander around, unless he didn't know beforehand). Also, I must have missed something, but how did the Monster Trio find their way back to the TS? Did Surume just sense where they went?

This chapter was so jam packed I was forced to use a computer with a larger screen.

Can't wait to see Van der Decken's character design!

Discovered Stowaway sniperking323's Avatar

This chapter was cool, funny and educational actually (made me wanna go read up on everything that was refferenced)
    Host of Life Lessons: The Gintama Manga Cast!!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Laughing Man View Post
    I'm hoping One Piece has a deus ex machina come its ending. I want to see the Thousand Sunny randomly turn into Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann through the power of courage and nakamaship.

What a fun chapter! I can already tell that Van Der Dekken is going to be another goof ball. I wonder how long the Kraken will keep up with the Straw Hats? As far as he goes though, I can already see it as a future ally fighting in the great war to come.
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Oksa View Post
    About that Monster Trio part. I checked the raw, and with my non-existent Japanese skills that part seems to be written as 怪物3人組, which is romanized as Kaibutsu 3-Ningumi. Kaibutsu seems to mean monster, and 3-Ningumi trio, so the right translation really is Monster Trio. But maybe someone could confirm this?

I read the earlier comments, and it seems like the term was already used in chapter 455. I knew I had heard that in the manga before.
    what exactly is the big deal about it?

Quote Originally Posted by John.Rambo View Post
    Still, there's certain thing that I just can't learn to love thus far... Chopper's path to cutecy hell... I liked the early design and the fact that is getting "cuter and cuter" is already starting to bother me... I remember Skypiea Chopper who was funny, just a little cute and yet badass... that's what I liked about he. Now everytime I see him on a panel I can help to think I am seeing in fact the pet of the Straw Hats...
    I actually agree with you. well chopper looks really cool now in his reindeer form but other than that I get the impression that he's just there to be cute ... which is really sad coz he could pull off so much more. -___-

Quote Originally Posted by wintergt View Post
    And Oda seems to have used the original story for the Flying Dutchman, as Brook told it, but all magic should be handled by DFs, so I'm curious how that will turn out.
    Thats the point:
    I don`t see any bubbles surrounding the ship.
    So how does the crew survive down there and especially a DF-user shouldn`t be able to live there.
    Only fishman could handle that, thats why i somehow doubt that van der Decken will be a DF-user.
    UnrevealedVegapunk/Ryokugyu/Loki/Rocks/Im-san/S.Gaban
    IslandElbaf/Raftel/GodValley
    UnresolvedWeevil´s plan/Explaining DFs/Deal with Kuma-Bonney´s past/Joy-Boy/Zunisha´s story/Rocks flashback/Void Century/Rioponeglyph/Uranus/the D.clan
    DFSpider/Wind/Metal/Wood/Acid/Liquid/Time-Stop

I wonder how the Flying Dutchman is going to be explained, because it didn't seem to be coated. And as we know, Brook, zombies and ghosts were all explained with Devil Fruits, so I doubt that there really exists anything like cursed, eternally living pirates. But maybe this is an exception, but I don't think so.

And it seems this was already pointed out. Well, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugiwara_kun View Post
    what would be absolutely awesome is if the captain of the flying dutchman had Brooke's Devil Fruit (they reappear every 50 years or so, so its possible). This would make for very interesting information on DFs...
    There can be only one user of the same Devil Fruit.

Discovered Stowaway Mugiwara_kun's Avatar

what would be absolutely awesome is if the captain of the flying dutchman had Brooke's Devil Fruit (they reappear every 50 years or so, so its possible). This would make for very interesting information on DFs...

EDIT: he's shown in water and DF users cant live underwater...so nevermind that >.< he's probably a fishman of some sort.

Discovered Stowaway

OH DEAR GOD, the krakens face when luffy says good boy is the greatest thing ive ever seen :D

Quote Originally Posted by Don Quichotte De Flamingo View Post
    Thats the point:
    So how does the crew survive down there and especially a DF-user shouldn`t be able to live there.
    Only fishman could handle that, thats why i somehow doubt that van der Decken will be a DF-user.
    The silhouetted crew have to be fishmen, but what if the captian was a fishman who ate a fruit and thats why he has a ship to sail underwater? Wouldn't explain why most likely moves comfortably under water, but could be interesting. I am hoping for a no fruit powered fishman.

Also, only 1 of every fruit exits at any given time. No 50 year regrowths.
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The fastest logia pwnage ever.

There could be ONE underwater devil fruit, and the crew could be full of fishmen.

My personal prediction, is that this Van-Duch-Guy has an underwater devil fruit, something like the "fishman fruit", and the rest of his crew are fishmen.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

The Kraken looked so happy Luffy congratulated.

I like how dark Luffy was drawn on that page. When he told the
    Kraken it was enough. He seemed so serious, but then he praises the Kraken.
    That was a great moment.

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    There could be ONE underwater devil fruit, and the crew could be full of fishmen.

My personal prediction, is that this Van-Duch-Guy has an underwater devil fruit, something like the "fishman fruit", and the rest of his crew are fishmen.
    no, just no, like a boss, no.

Quote Originally Posted by SingingThroughTheStorm View Post
    The Kraken looked so happy Luffy congratulated.

I like how dark Luffy was drawn on that page. When he told the
    Kraken it was enough. He seemed so serious, but then he praises the Kraken.
    That was a great moment.
    He looked like Roger from chapter 603.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by MarcelloF View Post
    He looked like Roger from chapter 603.
    I was thinking the exact same thing

I agree that there will be no underwater devilfruit, I feel like that would defeat the whole purpose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    No, we met a God cosplayer.

Take the One Piece Character Quiz!

The best of this chapter was obviously Zoro blaming Nami and the others getting lost with the GM, not himself and Luffy/Sanji.

Laughed my ass off when I read that xD

Quote Originally Posted by wintergt View Post
    Franky MVP of this chapter. Him slowly finding Caribou while the latter was orgazming over his brilliant schemes was hilarious. And Oda seems to have used the original story for the Flying Dutchman, as Brook told it, but all magic should be handled by DFs, so I'm curious how that will turn out.

Yeah Franky was indeed great :)

Quote Originally Posted by Don Quichotte De Flamingo View Post
    Thats the point:
    Forget about that, how the hell is the ship even moving, especially with the ripped to shreds sails etc ?
    人事を尽くして天命を待つ
    Link to my AMVs

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information