Closed Thread
Page 444 of 704 FirstFirst ... 344 394 434 442 443 444 445 446 454 494 544 ... LastLast
Results 8,861 to 8,880 of 14070

Thread: Confession Session

Default Re: Confession Session

First PC game was "Ski Free"....never figured out how to beat the damn thing since I've always gotten devoured by the crazy pixel yeti. Had a ton of fun setting trees on fire and knocking over other skiers.

Quote Originally Posted by valiantt View Post
    First PC game was "Ski Free"....never figured out how to beat the damn thing since I've always gotten devoured by the crazy pixel yeti. Had a ton of fun setting trees on fire and knocking over other skiers.

http://blog.flicks.co.nz/wp-content/...e-ski-yeti.jpg
    I played the heck out of this as a kid. This and Chip's Challenge.
    How many levels did that monster of a game have, I wonder.

The Devil's best friend.

I'm a guy with no daughters who watches the Power puff girls.

I'm ashamed and feel so unmanly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    So what?

you should be ashamed...you should be...

Quote Originally Posted by Hiroy View Post
    I played the heck out of this as a kid. This and Chip's Challenge.
    How many levels did that monster of a game have, I wonder.
    Hundreds. I made it to like, the 80s once.

Quote Originally Posted by Smudger View Post
    My first pc game was Dune. Probably the best game EVER! It was essentially the first command and conquer.

I was typically house Ordos.
    That would be Dune II. The original Dune was an extremely eccentric video game that tried to follow the book/movie more closely.

Dune II was also one of my first games, and it's rightly considered to be one of the most influential games of all time. It holds up surprisingly well today. You can play it as a browser game (!) right here: http://play-dune.com/

Chip's Challenge!! That's what it's called!

Thanks guys, I remembered playing this game so much but could not for the life of me remember what it was called. Now I can actually make an effort to look for it and play it again.

Thanks tatermoog. This will be quite a walk down memory lane.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Yeah, Dune II is widely accepted as the first foray into RTS gaming.

Good stuff.

Damn, youtube took Speed Demon down :(

Quote Originally Posted by Smudger View Post
    Thanks tatermoog. This will be quite a walk down memory lane.
    Indeed it will. :)

And since this is Confession Session, I will admit: I made it through that game entirely by creating an entire surrounding perimeter of rocket turrets and building up an army inside the boundaries for hours.

^Oh, that reminds me of another game I played a ton: Red Alert. I would just build forests of Tesla Coils (or lightning trees as I used to call them) around all my stuff and watch as any enemies that that tried to reach me got zapped.
    Steam Profile: Sorikai33 | 3DS Friend Code: 2981 6418 0894
    ^Feel free to add me on either^

Sig art by Stjepan Sejic

In terms of lying I have nothing to confess. I became devout to my Christian beliefs when I was 14.

General confessions which trouble me are:

- My mom and dad are concerned about me partaking in MMA. They were OK with TKD, in fact; they encouraged it. It worries me I'll put stress on them.

- I'm in love and won't bring myself to tell said person so that I don't hurt her emotionally again.

- I meditate to escape from reality from time to time. I learnt from a Buddhist friend of mine. Sometimes while listening to old-school metal - obviously not the way I was taught. Most times just with the sound of a secluded place. It calms me when I'm scared, nervous, frustrated, mad, or when I am just feeling any emotion I think is negative. I also use prayer when I feel I need empowerment and strength.

- It's not a secret as it happened on the school-grounds while I was at school and my parents found out, but; I knocked a kid out who was being racist towards my African-American and Korean culture. He essentially bullied me over a long period of time. He called me extremely offensive names; watermelon mucher, chink, and the time I knocked him out was when he directly insulted my parents for basically even conceiving me because they were of 2 different races. He called me a worthless half-cast which is when he got beat. After I knocked him out he never bothered me again though and I was invited out to parties and stuff more often. Anyway, the point is, is that it wasn't one of my proudest moments. I went about it the wrong way and I could have dealt with it differently. If he had pressed charges I would have been in the wrong as well. I am trained so it would have gone down as assault with a weapon, apparently.

Command and conquer was brilliant. Even the later stuff like generals had something about it that stole too much time away from me. As for me, I enjoyed being the GLA. Filling buses with suicide bombers and releasing them in the middle of a base for one massive strike was something I will never get bored of. Also the vehicle ranking system and bonus player each faction had made it interesting for lone wolf scenarios.

As for dune. Yep I did the same. Focus on base defence and amass an army. Hell I did that in some shape or form with most of them. Russian blimps, Chinese battle tanks etc....all sent in one storm of fire.

I don't mean to be Debbie Downer, here, and I know its been a while since I've been around for any length of time, but I rcall this thread as a really wonderful and uplifting thread that is for people to, you know... confess stuff--and it seemed like every year at the site awards it at least got mentioned as an amazing thread because it allowed folks to feel helped or at least accepted without judgement etc, and I still see some of that--but in a lot of instances it seems to have devolved into a chit chat sort of thread--notalgia about games and systems most recently--worthy stuff to discuss, fer sure--but here? perhaps I am mistaken, and there is something at work here I am unfamilar with since I've been gone so long (site politics and all)... But... is this what you all want from this thread now? Just wondering...

Quote Originally Posted by I survived the buster call View Post
    I don't mean to be Debbie Downer, here, and I know its been a while since I've been around for any length of time, but I rcall this thread as a really wonderful and uplifting thread that is for people to, you know... confess stuff--and it seemed like every year at the site awards it at least got mentioned as an amazing thread because it allowed folks to feel helped or at least accepted without judgement etc, and I still see some of that--but in a lot of instances it seems to have devolved into a chit chat sort of thread--notalgia about games and systems most recently--worthy stuff to discuss, fer sure--but here? perhaps I am mistaken, and there is something at work here I am unfamilar with since I've been gone so long (site politics and all)... But... is this what you all want from this thread now? Just wondering...
    Yeah how dare you make this thread not full of misery and despair ?

I don't see anything wrong with this thread also talking about normal stuff isntead of spreading depression and sadness. :/

I confess i enjoy killing pixelated people.

It's not about that, No Maam.

The main reason, I believe, why Mama Bustercall and some others have been voicing this very same concern over and over again is that this thread is at its best when it is used to help people out with their very real problems that are burdening them or is just a place for them to vent some steam out of their system when they most need it. People talking about random things such as gaming is nice and all, even interesting at times, but what it also does is that it makes it so much harder for the people who actually would need the thread for its intended use to post here when there is a conversation of a very different nature going on. Not to mention that it might be harder for people to post about their problems when they see some people they don't generally regard as very empathetic or understanding posting here, because they don't want to be judged or replied to in a way that does not actually help them at all. And this is a very real reason, I have personally seen more than just one or two awfully frustrated people cite this as their reason for not posting here.

What I kind of disagree with, though, is that the thread should not be used for banter spurring out of some previous topic of conversation related to someone's personal problems. Some have said that it might be seen as judgmental and harmless for the person whose posts started it all, but in my honest opinion I think some discussions on actual deeper themes that people have their own experiences of and their own takes on are best had here when there is something that warrants for it. However, even that should be kept at minimum and in moderation, and it should never get personal or the entire thread becomes counter-intuitive for those who most need it.
    In Loving Memory of Toraish, Rex Avium: http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=40786 | 3DS Friend Code: 3196-4274-7836

I've always thought the actual issue was that people felt like thier ramblings or rants weren't considered to be a serious enough for the thread. I mean, atleast when comparing themselves to people that actually come forward with some really serious self harming issues.

Personally I feel anyone can post about anything they are willing to confess in this thread. Be it serious or trivial. It's what this thread was made for. If anyone feels the need to stray away from this thread out of fear, then that's really just thier own problem.

Closed Thread

Thread Information