+ Reply to Thread
Page 108 of 109 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108 109 LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,160 of 2167

Thread: Pixar movies

Default Re: Pixar movies

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    My guess is that Robby is asking if there are multiple Ralphs or Vanelope.
    Oooooh!!!

There should be one in each arcade since in the first movie the bar only collects from their specific arcade. So there could a Ralph that loves being a villain. There's also definitely a Vanelope that's a normal princess(since her personlity comes from being an outcast) and without superpowers(from her glitch).

Pretty consistent with Toy story where there's multiple Buzz.

One year from today, Pixar Animation Studios will take you on a journey from the streets of New York City to the cosmic realms to discover the answers to life's most important questions. Disney & Pixar's "Soul" arrives in theaters on June 19, 2020.

https://twitter.com/pixar/status/114...642217985?s=21

Oh, okay Pixar. So we're going full Ingmar Bergman now?

Pete Doctor is directing.

The cosmic realms? What, so are stars the characters now?

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    Oooooh!!!

There should be one in each arcade since in the first movie the bar only collects from their specific arcade. So there could a Ralph that loves being a villain. There's also definitely a Vanelope that's a normal princess(since her personlity comes from being an outcast) and without superpowers(from her glitch).

Pretty consistent with Toy story where there's multiple Buzz.
    Then you gotta consider that there's a Sugar Rush community out there that's doomed to be scrapped because some bidder troll decided to jack up the price of a stupid wheel...

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

Ralph get depressed and try to change job in the first movie. They are sentient and the characters they play are their day job.
    My guess is that Robby is asking if there are multiple Ralphs or Vanelope.
    No, I wasn't asking if they were sentient, that's obvious. I asked if they had sentience the same WAY the toys do. As in whatever magical force gives them life and awareness.

If those universes are connected. And what the overall implications of all that might be.

Because between that and the internet adventure and all the toys in the world, well...

But then yeah, it does get weirder with things like the Disney Princesses. Because Ralph's game stuff makes it just their job... but all their princess stuff seems to be their actual history? But not? Are they the sole reps of those versions or... yeah, are there thousands of each Princess running around? And....

the whole thing wasn't really thought through.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    No, I wasn't asking if they were sentient, that's obvious. I asked if they had sentience the same WAY the toys do. As in whatever magical force gives them life and awareness.

If those universes are connected. And what the overall implications of all that might be.
    I hope not. I find the modern need to connect and explain everthing annoying.

They are alive like cats or dogs are alive. And they are seperate things. Like Aliens and Terminator are both scifi yet seperate. Move along.

Like Aliens and Terminator are both scifi yet seperate. Move along.

There's also been Robocop versus Teminator so...
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I feel bad for Dark Horse; outside of the first two films, pretty much everything good to come out of the Aliens franchise has came from them and now Disney has bought pretty much every licensed property that they published. Actually, now that I think about it, that applies to any of the three franchises in that comic even down to the first two films being the only good parts.

Anyway, Dark Horse is pretty much dead now; Hellboy probably won't recover from that last movie as a franchise any time soon and even Usagi Yojimbo has moved over to IDW.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Yeah I don't understand what happened to Dark Horse. They were basically the number 4 company for ages and had lots of good licenses and titles but they've been letting everything go the last while. What the heck is going on there?

If you don't know.. Who's number 3?
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Valliant.

Made by a bunch of artist in the 90s if I remembrer right.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

https://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images...48/081/4c9.jpg

There's also been Robocop versus Teminator so...
    I think they also made a proper Predator vs aliens(and green lantern/aliens). Dark Horse should make more crossovers. They tend to have good atmosphere.

I was more thinking we let each world have their own rules and don't try to fit them into each other. Except for fun out of canon adventures. Like the 90s crossovers between DC and Marvel.

Dark Horse losing the license to Star Wars as their bread and butter maybe hurt them?

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

Marvel-DC-Image. The guys that do Spawn and Savage Dragon and Invincible and Walking Dead and the like. They've been the number 3 for ages.

Valliant.

Made by a bunch of artist in the 90s if I remembrer right.
    LOL, no, not Valliant. They were a little big way back but they were never a real force.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicDebris View Post
    Dark Horse losing the license to Star Wars as their bread and butter maybe hurt them?
    Certainly, but it shouldn't have single handedly crippled and killed the company as it seems to have done. Unless those just sold waaaaay better than I thought and really were their backbone all this time. I thought they were way more diversified than that.

Marvel-DC-Image. The guys that do Spawn and Savage Dragon and Invincible and Walking Dead and the like. They've been the number 3 for ages.

LOL, no, not Valliant. They were a little big way back but they were never a real force.
    I always remember the name wrong. At least I got the description right I think.

They have walking dead too!!!! I knew they had Spawn and Savage Dragon but I didn't that was from them also.

If Valiant ever made it into the third spot, it would have been around '90-'91 after the late '80s collapse of almost the entire children's comics industry but before Image started and before Dark Empire.

The shame of Valiant is the EIC Jim Shooter was top notch former Marvel head, and he brought in exactly the right talent, and it absolutely could and should have grown into a major force if it had just had the years it needed to do so.

They launched in 91 and by 92 already had a 7% market share or so, and they were the first publisher besides Marvel or DC to do that. Not quite as big a launch as Image had in the midst of the comics boom and market speculators few years later, but still insanely respectable. Then they kicked Shooter out at the end of 92, and jumped into licensed comics and carried away with super mega crossovers and foil covers and 0 issues, and new investors that had bad ideas, and well... the company was dead 2 years later.

If Shooter had been left alone to use his actual insight and EIC bonafides to guide the company for at least a few years, Magnus Robot Fighter, Solar Man of the Atom, and Harbringer might actually be well known names now, instead of some niche comics trivia.

jumped into licensed comics
    Valiant actually started off with licensed comics though; not just the Nintendo Comics in '90 and '91 but even the characters that launched their own universe were licensed characters from Western Publishing like Turok, Solar, and Magnus. Plus I think Jim even lobbied for the job at Disney Comics after starting Valiant which probably didn't endear him to some of the other people at the latter company.

I guess the third place company right before Valiant was probably NOW Comics, who also did comics based on mostly licensed properties. Mostly in the sense that they actually legally had the right to publish most of those comics. Not all but most.

Sure, but those they were actually doing something with and vying for the market. SUperheroes and sci fi and action style stuff.

When they did the WWF comics, (and Nintendo) that... just wasn't getting any overlap in audiences. They had a lot of comics talent going into a product that wasn't their specialty or what the audience wanted.

I gotta be honest though, most of my knowledge of that niche of era comes from the SF Debris recap of comics history. I picked up acouple of the valiant comics as a kid, I think the foil covers did their job or I got them super cheap in a combo pack or something... but I can't remember ever actually reading them.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information