+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 109 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 2167

Thread: Pixar movies

Default Re: Pixar movies

Incredibles 2 finally comes out in Germany soon. Couldn't wait anymore and saw a pirated version. Was a good movie. The villain twist was a little too obvious and too late into the film, imo. Best thing is, Underminer got away with it :D
    "Often I think about my many comrades fallen by my side. I heard their curses against the war and its authors, the revolt against their murder. And I, as a survivor, believe that I am inspired by their will to struggle, for the idea of peace and human fraternity."
    Corp. Barthas, France, Feb. 1919

LOL! What the fuck did I just watch?

More than 20 years after the original “Toy Story,” the toys are back in town with a teaser for the fourth installment of the smash animated franchise. Favorites like Woody (voiced by Tom Hanks), Buzz Lightyear (Tim Allen) and Jessie (Joan Cusack) frolic in a circle to Judy Collins’s cover of Joni Mitchell’s “Both Sides Now” until a newcomer wreaks havoc. That would be Forky.
    The googly-eyed modified spork insists he’s not a toy, and he’s voiced by Tony Hale, an expert at playing misfits from his roles as the socially awkward aide Gary Walsh on “Veep” and the insecure brother Buster Bluth on “Arrested Development.” Owned by Bonnie, the little girl who in “Toy Story 3” inherited the toys from their original owner, Andy, Forky joins the gang for an eventful journey on the road.
    “Toy Story 4” will be the first Pixar release following the Dec. 31 departure of the Pixar and Walt Disney Animation Studios’ chief executive officer, John Lasseter, who was accused of unwanted hugging and admitted to “missteps.” The film represents the feature directorial debut of “Inside Out” co-screenwriter Josh Cooley and was written by newcomer Stephany Folsom.
    “Toy Story 4” hits theaters on June 21.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/12/m...4-trailer.html

I don't understand. WAAAAAY back I remember the premise being going to Hong Kong or something because of a defective Buzz battery, then it was involving getting Bo Peep back, and now it is officially....about this Forky guy.

I'll be honest, I was really interested in the second idea as a book endy/friendship/romance angle for Woody, and now I'm not nearly as interested.

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/12/m...4-trailer.html

I don't understand. WAAAAAY back I remember the premise being going to Hong Kong or something because of a defective Buzz battery, then it was involving getting Bo Peep back, and now it is officially....about this Forky guy.

I'll be honest, I was really interested in the second idea as a book endy/friendship/romance angle for Woody, and now I'm not nearly as interested.
    Iirc the defective Buzz plot was for a scrapped Toy Story 3 that wouldn't have been made with Pixar.

The blurb concerned me at first too, but the more I read it the less I'm convinced that the plot will actually center around this Forky fellow. Just seems like it's introducing a cast member without revealing anything about the story, which I'm betting will still focus on Bo Peep.

Spoiler:

Yeah, I don't think there's anything in there that says the story's going to be all about Forky, but that he's just going to join them on whatever trip they take.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    LOL! What the fuck did I just watch?
    i don't know but i was smiling through the latter half of the trailer.
    NintendoID: Zodiark14

I guess the story will be "What is a toy, but a misserable pile of plastic", and put to rest the stuff about andy's mom's toys.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Ah, but Bo Peep is not plastic! She's porcelain.

You know, as much as I like the idea of them getting Bo Peep back, since I do think she kinda got shafted in TS3, another part of me thinks it just feels really...fanfic-y.

A second teaser! And Pixar shows their smarts by casting two very special guys:

Aka: Key and Peele as "Ducky and Bunny".

A second teaser! And Pixar shows their smarts by casting two very special guys:

Aka: Key and Peele as "Ducky and Bunny".
    wow. two teasers in a short span of time. gotta be a new record or something.
    NintendoID: Zodiark14

Both teasers were essentially a small animated short. It's Pixar's hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaido King of the Beasts View Post
    The blurb concerned me at first too, but the more I read it the less I'm convinced that the plot will actually center around this Forky fellow. Just seems like it's introducing a cast member without revealing anything about the story, which I'm betting will still focus on Bo Peep.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    You know, as much as I like the idea of them getting Bo Peep back, since I do think she kinda got shafted in TS3, another part of me thinks it just feels really...fanfic-y.
    I gravitated to the idea because it was the only thing that seemed.....right for another outing? Bookends and whatnot.

Because while I LOVE Toy Story and got misty-eyed at Toy Story 3, I wish Pixar stopped. It's not a movie to undo what the third movie had, just another adventure, but....we're in the age of Pixar having diminishing returns on their sequels. (creatively at least, they probably still make good enough $$$ for Disney to be satisfied).
    for years TS2 was their only sequel, an outlier, but it was still a solid movie. Then Cars 2 kicked off the wave....

Incredibles 2 was great tho.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Didn't see it.

I don't think sequels are bad by default, it's just harder to recapture or even blow past the magic first time 'round.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Incredibles 2 was fine. But it was a straight up rehash of the first film, and not as good. THAT was the movie Brad Bird sat on that took 15 years to get right?

It was made well, it wasn't bad by any means, or completely needless like Monsters 2 or Cars 2 and 3 or Dory were, but it wasn't great. It didn't add anything new or expand on the first one, or explore different themes or facets. In a vacuum on its own it'd be great. As a sequel, it was just more of the same... but at least not tainting the brand.

I really loved watching the Incredibles 2 but I'm so sad that I am too old now to have the "double experience" I had with the Incredibles 1. First time watching I was still a little kiddo who was into the action and funny dialogue, then I rewatched it as an adult and the things that made me laugh the most this time around were Helen's and Bob's antics as they tried to juggle their marriage and kids and super hero stress. I loved how they contradicted each other at the dinner table scene like a typical super stressed couple. So in part two I adored the loving, intimate communication between the two and Bob trying his best to not let his envy show like a mature loving husband and their team work both within and outside of the super hero personas. I loved that Elastigirl had the spot light and she's exactly the type of fighting style I look up to. Smooth, quick-witted, efficient, with as little damage as possible. It's was indeed INCREDIBLE to see how creatively she employed her powers and resorted to physics and stealth to diffuse a situation (That motorcycle scene combined with her Elastipowers? Goddang I need a video game with that move-set). She was a wonderful contrast to Mr. Incredible's move-set, which relied on Boom Boom Punches. Don't misunderstand, his powers are cool as hell but it was so refreshing to see the focus on a completely different approach. On another note, that short-movie with the Chinese mom made me sob grossly in the cinema in front of friends i don't know that well. Eff you Pixar, you made me embarrass myself. That movie hit too close to home. Good stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
    Incredibles 2 finally comes out in Germany soon. Couldn't wait anymore and saw a pirated version. Was a good movie. The villain twist was a little too obvious and too late into the film, imo. Best thing is, Underminer got away with it :D
    LOL I actually didn't notice he actually dug his way out of this predicament. Underminer, the true hero of this movie. But sweetie, mate, my dude, real advice go watch that short movie that came before it, but watch it alone just in case. ;)
    Things I think are cool!

How did I somehow miss that Keanu Reeves is in the movie?
    https://movieweb.com/toy-story-4-kea...t814B41EHz0EUw

How did I somehow miss that Keanu Reeves is in the movie?
    https://movieweb.com/toy-story-4-kea...t814B41EHz0EUw
    Huh. That actually ignited some interest in me. Before I'd probably not bother with seeing it. As I felt the 3rd movie was a solid end.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information