+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-Time Skip Characters Reappearance

Default Re: Pre-Time Skip Characters Reappearance

Quote Originally Posted by Muah View Post
    Krieg is in the early parts of the new world.
    LOL Krieg
    I love how (especially) in retrospective his plan for the Baratie was spectacularly stupid.

1. Shanks, Mihawk, Buggy, Bon chan, BB, Kid, Coby, Doflam, Croc...
    2.Enel(hopefully...),Arlong(Def), Cat captain(Was it Kuro???), Gin, CP9 esp. Lucci.
    3.Enel(he needs to...), Coby, Arlong, Buggy(seriously!!!)

If Oda keeps bringing old villains back, how the heck is he going to be able to create new ones?

Also, am I the only one who doesn't expect Arlong to reappear aside from a flashback?

The Supernovas their development to new world pirates is going to be intresting

7transformation duck rider Chopper Madness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WarshipArc View Post
    LOL Krieg
    I love how (especially) in retrospective his plan for the Baratie was spectacularly stupid.
    it would have worked on anybody his lvl or lower....just not against anyone of importance lol

i wanna see Vivi again i dont care if its a reaction shot to the crew reassembled i just want to see her and if she has a new "Queen" look

3ds friend code: 2509-2091-9671

I don't really want to see Enel. Kuro won't be showing up.
    He said he couldn't stand being a pirate. Why would he try to make a name for himself in the New World? I don't find it likely for Arlong to pop up, but there are many signs.
    Him being mentioned in Impel Down, reintroduction of Hachi, and of course the Sea Cow.
    Gin was very powerful. He cracked that Iron Wall on pearl, that was incredibly thick metal.

It wouldn't make sense that Arlong got much stronger. He was a Pirate for quite a while. Now Gin wanted to become stronger so it is likely he is.

Quote Originally Posted by SingingThroughTheStorm View Post
    Him being mentioned in Impel Down, reintroduction of Hachi, and of course the Sea Cow.
    Hachi and Mohmoo were brought back because, hmm... they were actually likeable villains. The only good thing about Arlong was how he cared about his nakama instead of considering them fodder, but that only puts him a notch above Spandam.

Captain Morgan, Kuro or Alvida,

just to see if Luffy would actually remember them.

Luffy wouldn't remember them. He couldn't remember the names of Alvida or Buggy at Loguetown. Arlong did care about his men. That was a plus.

I think that Kuro was one of the eviler villains they had in OP.

I think it would be awesome to see Full body and Jango in the new world dancing it up ^.^
    Also I really hope Gin gets a cover story
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    No, we met a God cosplayer.

Take the One Piece Character Quiz!

1-Doflamingo
    2-Buggy
    3-Bonney
    4-Crocodile
    5-Jimbe

Quote Originally Posted by WarshipArc View Post
    LOL Krieg
    Ah Krieg. His position in his first visit to the Grand Line was basically:

"I just didn't know enough! The Grand Line cheated! Gimmie da log book Zeff! WHAAAAA!"

The whole Whitebeard Crew

It would be neat to see how they moved on

Rob Lucci, Arlong, Enel, Gin, Kuro are MUST!!! ESP Enel!!! He was a small frog in a shallow well... Oda must have improved him during two year time skip and all he needs to do is to become hungry for not having hard enough fights on the *** moon. He has to reintruce him to show the real fear to the NW. And Rob Lucci was the best WG Agent they had so he has to let the world know that he came back to NW to spread the fear!!! They are gonna be big thing to deal for Marine and pirates who yet don't know them very much.

I'm gonna laugh if Enel comes back and is a yonkou instead of blackbeard. If he was on the grandline he could pull it off
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    No, we met a God cosplayer.

Take the One Piece Character Quiz!

Quote Originally Posted by SingingThroughTheStorm View Post
    I don't really want to see Enel. Kuro won't be showing up.
    He said he couldn't stand being a pirate. Why would he try to make a name for himself in the New World? I don't find it likely for Arlong to pop up, but there are many signs.
    Gin was very powerful. He cracked that Iron Wall on pearl, that was incredibly thick metal.

It wouldn't make sense that Arlong got much stronger. He was a Pirate for quite a while. Now Gin wanted to become stronger so it is likely he is.

Kuro was last shown on his old ship with his old crew contemplating after Luffy's beat down and friendship speech about what it means being a pirate.

My guess is he's alive and well and will be making a reappearance in some fashion before the series is through.

Quote Originally Posted by Mingo22 View Post
    Kuro was last shown on his old ship with his old crew contemplating after Luffy's beat down and friendship speech about what it means being a pirate.
    I think that was only in the anime though.

^ It was anime only.

I would love to see Enel kicking people's asses and everyone being really afraid of him. But then Luffy shows up and Enel gets this weird face as in "oh shit, he's here!?". Luffy takes a long good look at him with his "hmmmmm" face and cant recognize him. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Reyairia View Post
    Hachi and Mohmoo were brought back because, hmm... they were actually likeable villains. The only good thing about Arlong was how he cared about his nakama instead of considering them fodder, but that only puts him a notch above Spandam.
    People always misunderstand Arlong as an every day sadist villain. As a violent extremist member of an abused minority, he really had a lot more depth than that. His enslavement of Nami and the imposed life tax on cocoyashi village are mirrored by the enslavement of fishmen and the subjugation of FI by pirates and WG alike. His assertions of racial superiority, hatred of humans, and callousness toward human suffering can all be explained by the genocidal abuse he received at the hands of humans his entire life.

Remember that there are elements in the WG who want the entire race of fishmen exterminated or enslaved. He bears the tattoo of a former slave and has experienced being treated as a subhuman first hand. His dream to turn the tables on humans with a violent fishman supremacist movement was foolish, morally corrupt, and inherently self destructive. However, it is easy to relate to the enslaved revenging themselves against their oppressors.

So, there's more depth to Arlong than for other One Piece villains like Spandam, Kuro, or Croc. Instead of the megalomaniacal self aggrandizement seen by Luffy's competition on the Grandline, he was fulfilling an elaborate revenge strategy against the WG and the human race. There are plenty of real world parallels to this struggle, from the foundation of Haiti through the various backlashes against colonialism worldwide. There aren't any "good guys" in most of those histories and we can expect Oda to add a similar moral complexity to this situation.

Because Arlong WILL be a factor in the upcoming arc. There have been too many reminders recently of the racial strife between Mariejoa and FI. Nami's response to Hacchi's return and her increased empathy after seeing the slave house have been leading to this. So have the introduction of the heroism of Fisher Tiger, Jinbe as an ally, and the slaver enforced segregation of Shabondy.

Even if he doesn't make an appearance, the defeat of Arlong's Fishman Independence Movement by Luffy will be a major point of strife down there. Will he fight the violent extremists or side with them against the WG? Will he ally himself with a group that is callous towards human life, or callous towards Fishman life? Reconciling all parties in an Alabasta happy go lucky way won't be an option I predict.
    Last edited by boiga; November 18th, 2010 at 04:25 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information