+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-Time Skip Characters Reappearance

Default Re: Pre-Time Skip Characters Reappearance

Quote Originally Posted by Reyairia View Post
    No, it's not.

The character reappearance act isn't that hard to follow.

Hatchan appears

Hatchan alerts the crew that Arlong and the gang are in jail

Hancock relates to Luffy about how fisher Tiger was a fighter against slavery and started the sun pirates

Jinbe appears mentions Arlong

The weird hair brothers out of consequence just happen to have Mohmoo pulling their boat.

These events aren't banter; they unfold into a plot or history that will take place on Fishman Island.

Mohmoo being there isn't that surprising, though... Think about it. It may come from fishman island since it was with Arlong.
    So it could be a coincidence. But yeah, I do think Arlong will reappear, even if I'm not sure I'll like it.

Why not Hacchi, why all the Arlong talk?

Because Hachi is fulfilled making Takoyaki

Quote Originally Posted by Superbear 22 View Post
    The character reappearance act isn't that hard to follow.

Hatchan appears

Hatchan alerts the crew that Arlong and the gang are in jail

Hancock relates to Luffy about how fisher Tiger was a fighter against slavery and started the sun pirates

Jinbe appears mentions Arlong

The weird hair brothers out of consequence just happen to have Mohmoo pulling their boat.

These events aren't banter; they unfold into a plot or history that will take place on Fishman Island.
    I know what will happen in fishman island, and I'm absolutely sure it will involve the former sunny pirates and the whole slavery issue.
    Mohmoo pulling the boat doesn't mean anything. We all know Oda loves reusing old characters.
    I just don't see Arlong coming back. He will be brought up, that's for sure. Maybe his past explained, but I think that if Oda would have wanted Arlong to reappear in the flesh, he would have dropped us a far bigger hint that he'd reappear. I'm sure that if Arlong was running around in Fishman Island, Hachi would have known about it.

I think when we see caimie again, she won't be the same "I get captured all the time Caimie" I think she will have taken measures to get stronger and hold her own.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    No, we met a God cosplayer.

Take the One Piece Character Quiz!

Quote Originally Posted by allyluvsu13 View Post
    I think when we see caimie again, she won't be the same "I get captured all the time Caimie" I think she will have taken measures to get stronger and hold her own.
    I really can't see that happening.

I highly doubt Caimie got stronger. She seemed to be a rather clumsy female. I think she was the equivalent of Tashigi, but no awesome swordsmanship.

Hachi would have known about it.
    He said they were all in prison, and seeing as how we had a grand tour of impel down and they were nowhere to be found I suspect they're on Fishman island.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis cypher View Post
    I really can't see that happening.
    I can't either. Considering her enormous crush on Hatchan, I don't think she minds getting rescued by him all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Superbear 22 View Post
    He said they were all in prison, and seeing as how we had a grand tour of impel down and they were nowhere to be found I suspect they're on Fishman island.
    Impel Down isn't the only prison in the world. They could be in an East Blue prison for all we know.
    Plus I think ID is only for pirates caught on the GL.
    I'm sure that if Arlong was around causing a scandal in Fishman Island Hachi would have known about it. If he is in FI, he must have only recently gotten out of prison, or laying low. Laying low isn't exactly Arlong's style though.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love Arlong to come back. In fact my ideal scene would be a Hachi vs. Arlong battle, where Hachi confronts Arlong about the whole East blue scenario. Hachi then loses, or is about to lose when NNfishperson butts in and defeats Arlong. That would be awesome.

But I am being realistic.
    Last edited by Reyairia; November 20th, 2010 at 09:35 PM.

Arlong, the "Magneto" of the One Piece universe.

Also, would anybody else like to see Kuro as a Warlord?

no I don't want to see anymore fodder villains

Edit: reacquiring ones that is

I know what will happen in fishman island, and I'm absolutely sure it will involve the former sunny pirates and the whole slavery issue.
    Mohmoo pulling the boat doesn't mean anything. We all know Oda loves reusing old characters.
    I just don't see Arlong coming back. He will be brought up, that's for sure. Maybe his past explained, but I think that if Oda would have wanted Arlong to reappear in the flesh, he would have dropped us a far bigger hint that he'd reappear. I'm sure that if Arlong was running around in Fishman Island, Hachi would have known about it.
    I dunno Mohmoo seems like a pretty damn big hint to me...

Quote Originally Posted by WarshipArc View Post
    Arlong, the "Magneto" of the One Piece universe.

Also, would anybody else like to see Kuro as a Warlord?
    First: how is Arlong the Magneto of OP (I haven't read a marval comic in I don't know how long and can't remember much about the fellow).

Second: NO!

I dunno Mohmoo seems like a pretty damn big hint to me...
    When it comes to characters reappearing Oda is not subtle at all. Most characters that have reappeared have pretty much outright said they wanted to meet Luffy again for whatever reason. Crocodile reappeared because it was obvious he'd be in Impel Down as a GL pirate and shichibukai.

And I refuse to believe Mohmoo is a hint of any kind. I think you're over-analyzing his appearance.

how is Arlong the Magneto of OP (I haven't read a marval comic in I don't know how long and can't remember much about the fellow).
    Magnegto is a sypathetic villain whose sad past (holocost survior) causes readers to look over the terrible deeds he is currently committing in the present.

Quote Originally Posted by WarshipArc View Post
    Magnegto is a sypathetic villain whose sad past (holocost survior) causes readers to look over the terrible deeds he is currently committing in the present.
    Ahhh, that would explain my lack of comprehension. I never cared about his past, and never gave to thoughts to his current actions. I was just irritated by how stupid he was.

I refuse to believe Mohmoo is a hint of any kind. I think you're over-analyzing his appearance.
    *shrug* well if you refuse to believe it, you refuse to believe it, and there's not much more to be said.

When it comes to characters reappearing Oda is not subtle at all. Most characters that have reappeared have pretty much outright said they wanted to meet Luffy again for whatever reason. Crocodile reappeared because it was obvious he'd be in Impel Down as a GL pirate and shichibukai.

And I refuse to believe Mohmoo is a hint of any kind. I think you're over-analyzing his appearance.

That is retarded. This is basically in your face "ARLONE IS COMING BACK" type of hint and you just think its a coincidence. That is like saying the chapter you see Hattori or Richie again you don't expect Lucci and Buggy to follow.

Your thinking is just as bad and confounding as all those people who adamantly believed Moria died in Don's attack. There is greater chance Sabo is actually dead than Arlong not showing up shortly after arriving at FI.
    Last edited by Ryuksgelus; November 21st, 2010 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuksgelus View Post
    That is retarded. This is basically in your face "ARLONE IS COMING BACK" type of hint and you just think its a coincidence. That is like saying the chapter you see Hattori or Richie again you don't expect Lucci and Buggy to follow.
    If it were Chew or Kuroobi I would agree, but you're saying as if Mohmoo not being in prison is a hint Arlong isn't either. Mohmoo is an animal.
    If anything it proves Arlong isn't around, because otherwise Mohmoo would not be running around wild for the Caribou bros. to have caught him.

You're thinking in terms of plot. Arlong may have never seen Mohmoo since Luffy tossed him away from Arlong park. Nothing to do with why anybody thinks Arlong is showing his face soon.

Oda and any good author does not reference a character multiple times for superfluous reasons. Which is exactly what you're making out of Mohmoo's reappearance. Authors drop these hints because they know what readers are going to envision the very instant they see something related to an old character.

Since SA then its been nothing but references to Arlong. Why do you believe Arlong's story is going to be limited to only second hand accounts of his experience with slavers with no input from the man himself?

Hell when people first saw Rayleigh people guessed Buggy would reappear shortly with far less reason to believe so and it still happened. Oda in this case has been anything but subtle in letting us know our first major arc villain is returning.

I'm sure that if Arlong was around causing a scandal in Fishman Island Hachi would have known about it. If he is in FI, he must have only recently gotten out of prison, or laying low. Laying low isn't exactly Arlong's style though.
    Hachi can't tell the future. Its been 2 years. Arlong could have gotten back to FI at any point after the war and the current chapter. What is this about a scandal? You realize he'll be trying to help solve FI problems. Part of his character is that he actually cares for his men, which implies his people too.

But I am being realistic.
    Not even remotely.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuksgelus View Post
    There is greater chance Sabo is actually dead than Arlong not showing up shortly after arriving at FI.

What?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information