+ Reply to Thread
Page 228 of 245 FirstFirst ... 128 178 218 226 227 228 229 230 238 ... LastLast
Results 4,541 to 4,560 of 4881

Thread: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

  1. #4541

    Default Re: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

    Emilia Clarke's lack of acting skills are finally paying off in that tweet

  2. #4542
    QUICK MEMES GET MrBits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    New York

    Default Re: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

    As a latecomer who marathoned the first 7 seasons, I didn't have THAT many issues with seasons 5-7 (Mostly just how Jaime and Tyrion were written (and I guess Jon too, but frankly I never liked him much even in the best seasons), and the forced romance between Jon and Danny). With Season 8 though, every episode has something that bothers me.

    I'm wondering how much of this is just me finally having to sit down and absorb all of the issues instead of just continuing onto the next episode, and how much of it is just Season 8 just being that much worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBits
    Place your bets. Is [AlphaMale/AlphaBro, an obvious ban evader] going to get banned again today, tomorrow, or in a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBro
    okay let's bet . Would love to see your losing face next week !
    An actual bet and conversation on the Chapter 905 thread, literally an hour before he got banned again.

  3. #4543
    Whirlwind of Cabbages Yobiyopi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Italy

    Default Re: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

    Bronn developing the skill of teleporting is interesting, and his scene where he threatens former comrades felt real. He came and went just like winter did, but his arrows will fly towards Jaime and specifically aimed at the golden hand. When Sam writes the "Game of Thrones" book he will know of this detail and how Euron was as dickless as Theon.

  4. #4544

    Default Re: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by MrBits View Post
    As a latecomer who marathoned the first 7 seasons, I didn't have THAT many issues with seasons 5-7 (Mostly just how Jaime and Tyrion were written (and I guess Jon too, but frankly I never liked him much even in the best seasons), and the forced romance between Jon and Danny). With Season 8 though, every episode has something that bothers me.

    I'm wondering how much of this is just me finally having to sit down and absorb all of the issues instead of just continuing onto the next episode, and how much of it is just Season 8 just being that much worse.
    Seasons 5-7 were equally shit, from being incredibly inconsistent, whether itīs the characters, the setting and the world, you have barely any believable character arcs, many events or actions simply made no sense whatsoever, so that supposedly impactful scenes, unlike the first four seasons, lost any credibility, and the list goes on.

    These dudes are two nerds that liked a somewhat obscure but awesome fantasy novel and managed to get it adapted but as soon as they ran out of novels, well this is what you get.

  5. #4545

    Default Re: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

    Where did my rant about cultural homgenization of Essos go?

    Anyways, Mel and Greyworm saying Valar Morghulis doesn't make sense as they don't follow the god of dead, it being a fringe religion in Bravos, the place with the most religious freedom in that world. In this ted talk...
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

  6. #4546
    Discovered Stowaway Shaka the Tempest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ancient City of Nirvana

    Default Re: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Where did my rant about cultural homgenization of Essos go?

    Anyways, Mel and Greyworm saying Valar Morghulis doesn't make sense as they don't follow the god of dead, it being a fringe religion in Bravos, the place with the most religious freedom in that world. In this ted talk...
    I also found this part strange

  7. #4547
    Your long-lost brother Jabra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    (ಥ ͜ʖ ಥ)

    Default Re: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

    Spoiler:
    So instead of Brienne bonding with Tormund she gets a Jaime mercy-fuck instead, hilarious. Was that fanservice? Is this what the "community" asked for? Or did they go against the expectations here? I'm not into the whole twitter/facebook/social media GOT thing.


    I did enjoy the Hound / Arya scene though, prefectly honest here.


  8. #4548
    The Moustache Bandit Nolus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    In the moustachy shadows~

    Default Re: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    Spoiler:
    So instead of Brienne bonding with Tormund she gets a Jaime mercy-fuck instead, hilarious. Was that fanservice? Is this what the "community" asked for? Or did they go against the expectations here? I'm not into the whole twitter/facebook/social media GOT thing.


    I did enjoy the Hound / Arya scene though, prefectly honest here.
    Spoiler:
    Yeah, I was really rooting for Tormund there.

    I mean, there was chemistry between Brienne and Jaime, but ...


  9. #4549
    Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

    I used to think this show was a tragedy. Now, I realize, it's a comedy...
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

    Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

  10. #4550

    Default Re: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

    Basically they went fully Hollywood and Tumblr twitter pandering because why the hell not
    Spineless crap.

    Season 5-7 had its peaks but even it's worse episodes combined is better than the crap that is 8.
    It went in a direction with its fair share of loopholes but it was an alternative route or a watered down version that was still acceptable.
    Heck for its bag of problems, Battle of Bastards and the Loot train ambush were both amazing scenes that could be something happening in asoif world.
    But this?
    This is no longer a cheaper or summarized/alternative version of what the plot could be.
    This is an utter slaughter of the very essence of the show.

    All because of fucking human ego because those two rolling in their fat stacks of cash don't even give a shit about storytelling anymore.

  11. #4551
    The Mad Moiselle BellisarioFaith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Somewhere or other

    Default Re: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

    Spoiler:
    Eh, personally, I always preferred Jaime/Brienne over Tormund/Brienne. Their first scene together, when Tormund got an obvious insta-crush on her, I thought was cute and that he would be a decent enough alternative if things with Jaime didn't work out, but honestly, since then, Tormund kinda turned me off from that pairing with constantly just leering at Brienne rather than really trying to get to know her better, plus telling crazy stories to impress her that more just creeped her out than anything, and just generally coming on too strong, lulz. She was probably never gonna get with him anyway.

    That being said, while I loved Jaime and Brienne hooking up, of course the show had to give that and then just immediately take it away. I really hope Jaime isn't actually seriously going back to Cersei (yes, I know the showrunners said after the episode that Jaime's "addicted to her" or whatever, but that could be misdirection, and these are the same idiots that claimed Daenerys forgot about a fleet that she and her advisors seriously just talked about, so...) and throwing all his character development out the window, but hey, wouldn't be the first time they completely fucked up writing his character. If he does have another goal in mind with going back to her, well...that could easily not end well.

    Also, I don't know if Bronn was supposed to come across as sympathetic or not in his scene here, but...while he was more of a dick than usual, he does have a point. His character was indeed basically reduced the past few seasons to just "following Jaime around grumbling about all the promises Jaime's made that he hasn't followed through on". I suppose some of it is also just him being really ambitious, though, and wanting more than just the quite-a-bit-of-money they presumably already have been paying him.

    And then a whole lotta garbage thrown in there. Like horrible battle tactics to the point of plot-induced stupidity on both sides. (Dany "forgetting about the fleet" and somehow not noticing them from the angle they were flying at, Cersei not just killing Dany and her army when they were lined up right outside the castle...). And way to absolutely suck at keeping secrets, everybody. I could understand why Dany didn't want Jon telling his sisters the truth, but I also did get where he was coming from with feeling like they needed to know. But then ironically Daenerys was right after all and Sansa decides to spill to Tyrion, and then Tyrion tells Varys, someone he knows is shifty and conniving, just because they're drinking buddies or some shit? Really?

    I mean, I could get trying to push the Mad Queen angle with Dany, and considering her family history, it would make sense...but right now, she has every reason to be paranoid considering that Sansa and Varys both are, in fact, plotting against her. And then there's the fact that she put her plans of conquest aside to come help Jon and save the North because she loves him; lost a dragon, her most devoted advisor, and the majority of her army in doing so, only for the North to basically still not give her any respect (especially Sansa); and now she's lost another dragon and her best friend. Like...she was definitely being pretty pushy with Jon and rushed her army into a fight they weren't ready for far too soon and it bit her in the ass, but I kind of can't blame her for at least being really upset and put out with everything that's going on.

    And yeah, the fact that the "Inside the Episode" interviews were so fucking lazy with their excuses for why things happened the way they did, and that damned Starbucks cup...how are we the audience supposed to still care about this story and this show when the showrunners themselves sure seem to be out of fucks to give? It's unbelievable how awful this is. It's like they saw other really good series that had really bad final seasons/endings and decided to be like "Hold my beer."
    Hidden:

  12. #4552
    Discovered Stowaway andre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The King Engine

    Default Re: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

    The ending has leaked. Well, it leaked months ago to be honest. I'm currently purchasing a large surplus of popcorn (kernel free) to eat for when the final episode drops. If any of you have the power to harness the internet's rage for whatever reason, sunday after this upcoming one will be the perfect time to do so.

  13. #4553
    Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    The ending has leaked. Well, it leaked months ago to be honest. I'm currently purchasing a large surplus of popcorn (kernel free) to eat for when the final episode drops. If any of you have the power to harness the internet's rage for whatever reason, sunday after this upcoming one will be the perfect time to do so.
    Since I have completely given up on this shit show at this point, I want them to go full on crazy mode so I can bask in it’s stupidity and the reactions online.

    For some reason though I still don‘t wanna read the leaks but witness it myself watching it, despite not caring for the writing and characters, lol.
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

    Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

  14. #4554
    Kick-Ass Finalis desa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere

    Default Re: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    Spoiler:
    So instead of Brienne bonding with Tormund she gets a Jaime mercy-fuck instead, hilarious. Was that fanservice? Is this what the "community" asked for? Or did they go against the expectations here? I'm not into the whole twitter/facebook/social media GOT thing.


    I did enjoy the Hound / Arya scene though, prefectly honest here.
    Spoiler:

    It's not like she ever seemed interested in Tormund. So regardless which was chosen it would be fanservice-y.

    As far far as community goes both pairing were appreciated.



    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by zeltrax225 View Post
    Basically they went fully Hollywood and Tumblr twitter pandering because why the hell not
    Spineless crap.

    Season 5-7 had its peaks but even it's worse episodes combined is better than the crap that is 8.
    It went in a direction with its fair share of loopholes but it was an alternative route or a watered down version that was still acceptable.
    Heck for its bag of problems, Battle of Bastards and the Loot train ambush were both amazing scenes that could be something happening in asoif world.
    But this?
    This is no longer a cheaper or summarized/alternative version of what the plot could be.
    This is an utter slaughter of the very essence of the show.

    All because of fucking human ego because those two rolling in their fat stacks of cash don't even give a shit about storytelling anymore.
    I disagree and strongly believe that season 7 is the worst game of thrones as ever been.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by BellisarioFaith View Post
    Spoiler:

    Also, I don't know if Bronn was supposed to come across as sympathetic or not in his scene here, but...while he was more of a dick than usual, he does have a point. His character was indeed basically reduced the past few seasons to just "following Jaime around grumbling about all the promises Jaime's made that he hasn't followed through on". I suppose some of it is also just him being really ambitious, though, and wanting more than just the quite-a-bit-of-money they presumably already have been paying him.
    Spoiler:
    Jaimie as always been a shitty companion to Bronn. He keeps making promises but never paid while Tyrion made sure to actually pay his debt and make it worth it.

    Spoiler:
    And then a whole lotta garbage thrown in there. Like horrible battle tactics to the point of plot-induced stupidity on both sides. (Dany "forgetting about the fleet" and somehow not noticing them from the angle they were flying at, Cersei not just killing Dany and her army when they were lined up right outside the castle...). And way to absolutely suck at keeping secrets, everybody. I could understand why Dany didn't want Jon telling his sisters the truth, but I also did get where he was coming from with feeling like they needed to know. But then ironically Daenerys was right after all and Sansa decides to spill to Tyrion, and then Tyrion tells Varys, someone he knows is shifty and conniving, just because they're drinking buddies or some shit? Really?
    Spoiler:
    I get Tyrion sharing it with Varys. I don't think it's about drinking buddies. They are both advisor to the queen and they need to discuss what to do with this information. It's important to get in front of it. Sansa can easily share it with anyone she believes will make Jon and Varys is the man that has been helping keep the alliances afloat and knows how to handle BS.

    Sansa telling is the more questionable choice since 1- She just made Jon a taerget for the queen 2- She would be sending Jon in the south at king's landing where she believes people of her family don't do well. There was no upside to telling someone. And I'm not sure I buy Sansa telling someone with no actual advantage gain from it.


    Spoiler:
    I mean, I could get trying to push the Mad Queen angle with Dany, and considering her family history, it would make sense...but right now, she has every reason to be paranoid considering that Sansa and Varys both are, in fact, plotting against her. And then there's the fact that she put her plans of conquest aside to come help Jon and save the North because she loves him; lost a dragon, her most devoted advisor, and the majority of her army in doing so, only for the North to basically still not give her any respect (especially Sansa); and now she's lost another dragon and her best friend. Like...she was definitely being pretty pushy with Jon and rushed her army into a fight they weren't ready for far too soon and it bit her in the ass, but I kind of can't blame her for at least being really upset and put out with everything that's going on.
    Spoiler:
    I'm pretty sure the mad king was considered mad because he killed people for no fucking reason and took great pleasure in torture. Taking revenge is not going mad queen and it annoys that people keeps pretending she is. Jeoffrey and his glee at inflicting pain was a potential future mad king.

    She spends half her time listenning to her adviser(they suck) and compromising with people she doesn't have to but people will still give her shit. No matter what she does she's supposedely losing and it's annoying when the show pretends this BS is a real thing. I can understand it for Sansa that as seen to much monsters but pretty much everyone else is just bitchy and annoying.







  15. #4555

    Default Re: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    The ending has leaked. Well, it leaked months ago to be honest. I'm currently purchasing a large surplus of popcorn (kernel free) to eat for when the final episode drops. If any of you have the power to harness the internet's rage for whatever reason, sunday after this upcoming one will be the perfect time to do so.
    Can't believe they ended up being true guess I should've expected with those 2 in charge.

  16. #4556

    Default Re: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

    I understand where Sansa is coming from ...

    but I don't think she realizes that if Dany loses, Cersei wins. And if Cersei wins, the North is fucked.

  17. #4557

    Default Re: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

    The Ned kept a secret for 2 decades, Sansa kept it for 2 seconds meme will never get old.

  18. #4558
    Kick-Ass Finalis desa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere

    Default Re: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    The Ned kept a secret for 2 decades, Sansa kept it for 2 seconds meme will never get old.
    Jon kept it 2 days?



  19. #4559

    Default Re: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by baby-boo View Post
    I understand where Sansa is coming from ...

    but I don't think she realizes that if Dany loses, Cersei wins. And if Cersei wins, the North is fucked.
    Not necesarily, think the north as Russia. That winter they are so proud is their last line of defense, and Euron's fleet can't be on two sides at once.

    Then there's moat calin, the one good road to the north, defended by a treacherous swamp, and a particulary dumb but effective fort. Of course the characters in the show don't believe in fortifications, but still is there.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

  20. #4560

    Default Re: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

    Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    Jon kept it 2 days?
    True in a way but a different beast. It was his secret to entrust, if person X told you in confidence for instance that he was gay and ask you not to tell people you can't use the fact that he told you as an excuse for telling others. But i guess in an indirect way it is Jon's fault for not realizing what type of person Sansa was and how her word means about as much as her mentors word did

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts