+ Reply to Thread
Page 227 of 244 FirstFirst ... 127 177 217 225 226 227 228 229 237 ... LastLast
Results 4,521 to 4,540 of 4880

Thread: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

Default Re: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

I suspect Bran will go south with the rest. Ever since last season he's been way too interested in having Jon know who his real parents are, none of which had any affect on the Great War whatsoever. There has to be something there.

Or could just be old Bran wanting to let his brother know the truth.

Or show runners being inconsistent again ...

Quote Originally Posted by MajinArekkusu View Post
    Also, the Night King waited for 10 000 years to have less of an impact than Walder Frey.
    Behold my plot to kill absolutely no one of value and fall on the first obstacle.

The night is in fact short and holds no terrors whatsoever.

It's weird to use the NK as a way to make Cersei "threatning" again rather than his own legit threat.

Also Bran should go back to that cave where the other 3 raven was. Or did that previous one went there just because he likes the cold?

Also, the Night King waited for 10 000 years to have less of an impact than Walder Frey.
    How so? The NK wiped out House Mormont while Frey failed in wiping out the Starks.
    "Often I think about my many comrades fallen by my side. I heard their curses against the war and its authors, the revolt against their murder. And I, as a survivor, believe that I am inspired by their will to struggle, for the idea of peace and human fraternity."
    Corp. Barthas, France, Feb. 1919

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    It's weird to use the NK as a way to make Cersei "threatning" again rather than his own legit threat.

Also Bran should go back to that cave where the other 3 raven was. Or did that previous one went there just because he likes the cold?
    I believe that place was magically protected until Bran invited the vampire Night King in... So I guess there's no point in returning there. Bran's free to sit around in any one place as long as he pleases.
    Just something fun I made during the latest Survivor playing as Monji:
    Spoiler:

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Bran gonna fuse with the tree in winterfell, the end of his story. xD

The more you think about the episode the worse it gets.

Last edited by MajinArekkusu; May 4th, 2019 at 08:34 AM.
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

Just a warning, early spoilers are out there, and they are more substantive than winter managed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    Just a warning, early spoilers are out there, and they are more substantive than winter managed to be.
    Thanks for the heads up, gonna avoid twitch chats etc, till I watch the episode monday after work.
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

I liked the episode but it really feels pointless after the last one. Or to be more accurate this episode make the last feel like it was an sidequest from another show. And i'm still not sure about that.

Probably would have been a cool episode in early s7 tho.

Spoiler:

I'm sad Tormund never got to be with the big lady but Brianne is having the best week of her life. First Knighthood and now Jaimie.

Tyrion being mean to Brianne felt OOC to me and unccesary. He never been that unecessarily assholish and he has become more respectful not less.

Cool weapon she has on her boats Cersei. It's a very enjoyable episode on that front. It's just hard to shake the feeling that this should have happen earlier. Or be be better weaved into the NK plot. Or that last episode shouldn't have happened.

I like the handling of Missandei death. In that the focus is on both Danny and Grey Worm and she doesn't get a warm fuzzy speech. She reaffirms her trust in her queen and GreyWorm has a brief moment of vulnerability.

Jon would be an awful king. More importantly I'm tired of trying to portray Danny as bloodthirsty. She gave on her with Jon and the first part of season 7 is her listenning to her advisor and not using her advantages in order to let the people of King's landing feel good. But we prentend like wanting to kill Cersei after she's losing more and more ground is some blood thirsty shit. I mean is there really any King that would not have pressed their advantage in her position?

I like seeing Arya and the Hound reunited. I could have spent another 10-20 minutes with them.

I wonder what Jaimie plans.

Bronn felt weirdly mad and agrressive.

Spoiler:
    I'm not sure whether or not Bronn showing up at the North is a plot hole, but it felt weird and awkward to me either way.

Hopefully next episode is the final battle, and the one after that is just politics and closure.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBits
    Place your bets. Is [AlphaMale/AlphaBro, an obvious ban evader] going to get banned again today, tomorrow, or in a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBro
    okay let's bet . Would love to see your losing face next week !
    An actual bet and conversation on the Chapter 905 thread, literally an hour before he got banned again.

With Arya killing the NK and what happened this episode the leaks I've read appear to be the real deal after all.

Spoiler:
    Tormund trying to talk about his heartbreak with the freaking Hound of all people is the highlight of the season.

Spoiler:
    Did they seriously kill 2dragons just like that, without even doing anything relevant with them. wow. I sure was expecting them to die, but not before doing s.o.m.e.t.h.i.n.g.
    You have fucking dragons and you let them die against arrows ? TWICE ??!?!!!?
    I don't know, maybe I'm the only one here who over-estimated the dragons. After all, one was killed by the night king, and the other one by the daVinci from the show...

God this show is absolute garbage now.

Spoiler:
    The only good part in this episode was this.

Oh and btw, here's your talented show runner:

As if the terrible writing wasn't enough, they seriously left a starbucks cup in the show.

Spoiler:

The tweet I saw which summed it all up and exactly what I was thinking:

Spoiler:
    "Cersei, your enemies have stupidly approached within range of our giant crossbows and with one volley we can wipe all of them out, end this war, and the iron throne will be yours forever."

Cersei: "Behead her personal assistant."
    Last edited by MajinArekkusu; May 6th, 2019 at 09:54 AM.

Spoiler:
    "Cersei, your enemies have stupidly approached within range of our giant crossbows and with one volley we can wipe all of them out, end this war, and the iron throne will be yours forever."

Cersei: "Behead her personal assistant."
    Probably the most OOC part for me. Especially with Tyrion.

Hidden:
    Bronn should never lead a scene. That crossbow scene was the worst use of Bronn in a long line of Bronn misuse

how the hell is a siege more humanitarian than burning the castle, these characters are so fucking dumb

Emilia Clarke no wait all the actors are above this piece of crap they are writing.
    But damn was that tweet hilarious.

This has been happening since at least season 6, but this season and the last present a really pure case of flanderization with just about every single character. The ones who aren't are just written poorly instead.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information