+ Reply to Thread
Page 224 of 244 FirstFirst ... 124 174 214 222 223 224 225 226 234 ... LastLast
Results 4,461 to 4,480 of 4880

Thread: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

Default Re: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

Spoiler:
    I did not expect Arya to be the MVP. Rogue sneak attacks combined with attacks of opportunity and a nat 20 dex skill lmao.

Spoiler:
    Early part of the episode was pretty weak since for some stupid reason they thought that having an action scene obscured by fog was a good idea. It much got better after that, stayed pretty suspenseful up until the end. It makes no sense how Arya got there at the end, but she's best Stark so whatever. Better her than Jon if you ask me.

I'm disappointed that so few major characters died, but Theon, the one character I actually wanted to die, died. So I'll take that small victory.

Now let's hope best waifu Cersei can give us a spicy ending.
    Last edited by MrBits; April 28th, 2019 at 07:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBits
    Place your bets. Is [AlphaMale/AlphaBro, an obvious ban evader] going to get banned again today, tomorrow, or in a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBro
    okay let's bet . Would love to see your losing face next week !
    An actual bet and conversation on the Chapter 905 thread, literally an hour before he got banned again.

That was literally the dumbest way they could end this.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Spoiler:
    This show is so fucking obsessed with having memeworthy gotcha moments and looking cool and sexy, thematic payoffs be damned, it makes me so angry at how superficial it is.

Spoiler:
    Even though I had fun with the episode, it didn't live up to nearly a whole series worth of buildup.

I kind of wish they pulled a Shonen and had the final battle be multiple episodes long.
    Place your bets. Is [AlphaMale/AlphaBro, an obvious ban evader] going to get banned again today, tomorrow, or in a week?
    An actual bet and conversation on the Chapter 905 thread, literally an hour before he got banned again.

I can't afford hbo anymore, but I would really appreciate it if someone who's watched the episode could tell me if the hound dies? I would very much appreciate it.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

Quote Originally Posted by The D. View Post
    I can't afford hbo anymore, but I would really appreciate it if someone who's watched the episode could tell me if the hound dies? I would very much appreciate it.
    Spoiler:
    He's still alive.

Discovered Stowaway killerbee1000's Avatar

Well, this episode certainly subverted my expectations.

Spoiler:
    That ending was perfect, if horribly telegraphed. The thing about Game of Thrones and other television series in the west is how horribly edited and paced they are. This serious especially has been really guilty of extending the episode with monotonous shots that don't really add anything or very unclear choreography and lighting. Editing poorly to justify all of the money you spent on random shit rather than just properly planing your shots is a good idea, folks.
    Avatar: Igarashi Kyou (married name: Hasumi Kyou) from the web comic 性転換後、親友と (Seitenka-go. Shin'yuu to) by Eroe (Pixiv; Twitter) | Gender bender is love! Gender bender is life!
    Julie | She/Her | Pansexual

Spoiler:
    I was hoping at least one fight with the night king before he died. He could get assasinated later.

I think i have never been so satisfied and disappointed at the same time.
    3DS FC: 0748-2376-4827

Spoiler:
    So Ghost is presumably dead ...

Quote Originally Posted by baby-boo View Post
    Spoiler:
    So Ghost is presumably dead ...
    Spoiler:
    Some people on reddit saw him in the preview for the next episode. Pretty sure they would've shown it clearly if he had died.

Spoiler:
    Where the fuck did Arya jump from? And how do you clean 100k corpses off your doorstep?

Quote Originally Posted by Neaeran View Post
    Spoiler:
    Some people on reddit saw him in the preview for the next episode. Pretty sure they would've shown it clearly if he had died.
    Spoiler:
    Ye, found it. GOOD! Stil, him charging with the rest and disappearing is weird. The Dothraki charging at all was weird, into the darkness

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

My only real complaint about the episode was
    Spoiler:
    What was the point of having Barric not die in his Jesus pose in the hallway if you're not gonna show the Hound have to fight his reanimated corpse locked in the room with him?
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

Quote Originally Posted by baby-boo View Post
    Spoiler:
    Ye, found it. GOOD! Stil, him charging with the rest and disappearing is weird. The Dothraki charging at all was weird, into the darkness
    Spoiler:
    I mean ... it was a great looking scene and all. But yeah it was absolutely stupid to let the cavalry charge the enemy first without any plan.

Some more thoughts:

Spoiler:

- Mellisandre is OP.
    - Jon and Dany's Dragons could have just decimated everyone while waiting for the Night King. I know that wasn't the plan but ...
    - Again, Jon has fought these things before. They are dead. They aren't afraid of a charge, they aren't afraid of pilling on. The Dothraki would've been better served attacking from the side. Didn't seem like there were that many Dothraki to begin with. Don't know what Jaimie was afraid of.
    - Sansa and Tyrion scenes were nice. Romance brewing?
    - In his own way, Bran is really good at comforting people. Sad to see Theon die, but glad he got some resolution.
    - The last people standing should've barricade themselves somewhere, like at Helms Deep. They shouldn't have survived out there in the open. Sam was just laying around, crying.
    - The Night King looked the coolest when you can't plainly see him. Blurry, around fire etc.
    - I always thought the look Bran had when he gave Arya the dagger was odd. I don't belive he can see the future, not directly at least. But I do think he knew the significance of giving her the dagger.
    - Arya seems to have leapt a ridiculously large distance.
    - I don't mind Arya killing the Night King. But that knife-drop moment was a little bit to hollywood. I've always loved the ending fight of Gladiator. No big spectacle, no gotcha-moment.
    - Maybe nitpick, but Jorah getting Dany through this carnage is a little off.
    - I'd like to know this super-mega sneaking technique of Arya's. The Night King was surrounded by dead men and other white walkers.

I REALLY REALLY want the books now. I do belive the books will head towards a similar conclusion to this threat, but obviously there will be so much more material in there. As soon as I saw the Night King smile I thought: yeah I need to know more about this guy.

Dany really just has the dragons now, and a few unsullied. Which is arguably enough.
    Last edited by baby-boo; April 29th, 2019 at 04:52 AM.

Whoa that was bad.
    Real bad.
    Fucking shit I might even say.
    This further proves that D&D were hacks that got lucky a few times.

Spoiler:
    I get it Arya is a fan-favourite, but this is just...Not an excuse for an anti-climatic resolution.

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Spoiler:
    If a Roman general employed the battle tactics that these morons employed in this battle he would have been crucified along with every single one of his officers. A frontal cavalry charge into the mist? Putting your artillery ahead of the god damn infantry? Attempting a rolling barrage with medieval tech? Putting your highly disciplined spearmen outside of the fucking walls for no god damn reason at all? These were the top commanders in Westeros?

D&D in Behind the Episode talk about how the Night King needed to be killed with Valyrian Steel in the exact spot that the Children of the Forest implanted the Dragonglass in his chest.

...Arya doesn't know jack shit about the Night King and no one told her any of these details. Makes it even more of a contrivance.

Also:

To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information