+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 50 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead (AMC series)

Default The Walking Dead (AMC series)

I am so excited about this! Given I couldn't find a thread on this yet, I wonder if many people here are familiar with this or the source material.

[youtube]yg46DWI_fCE[/youtube]

If they pulled off a solid adaption, this will be a seriously good series to follow.
    Last edited by tarrin4ever; October 13th, 2010 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Will someone mention 28 Days Later?

LOVE AND PEACE

Default Re: The Walking Dead (AMC Miniseries)

Same here. The comic book is pretty good and AMC usually delivers the quality. Can't wait.

Is it really a miniseries though? There was some talk about a 2nd season being confirmed last month...AMC later debunked the news, but they didn't deny the possibility.
    Last edited by goty; October 13th, 2010 at 05:34 PM.

I haven't read the comic and in general I don't care much for zombies...but I am a huge fan of AMC's original material and I like the idea of having a miniseries (6 eps I believe) so I will definitely check it out.

I went to the panel at NYCC. Looks good. They plan for many seasons (no idea how long the comic is). But if what I saw is any indication, I hope they do get more seasons.

Watched the first episode, thought it was pretty good. The episode spanned 1 full chapter, and about 12-13 pages into the 2nd chapter, with a bit of a story difference with the comic.

Spoiler:

I really like the actor they got for Morgan. Instead of getting picked up by Glenn shortly after his horse gets eaten, Rick hides in a tank, and the radio goes off with Glenn calling him a dumb ass, asking if he's comfortable/cozy in the tank. Then the screen pans upwards showing the horde of zombies eating the horse, and trying to get into the tank.

It also shows right off the bat that Lori is with Shane.

If it keeps up the rough 1-1.5 chapters I can see them ending the season around
    Spoiler:
    the Wiltshire Estates arc/saga.

I was about to watch the "leaked" episode, but the quality is pretty meh...wait an extra week won't hurt.
    I'm glad to hear it's living up to the hype though.

Well it looks like the 6 episodes are mostly going to be filler.
    Spoiler:
    A lot of the mini-series will most likely be Rick in the city, introducing the new filler characters, and end with Shane dying(which probably won't be Carl shooting him like in the comic. The season 1 finale will most likely be when Rick becomes the leader, and tells everyone that they need to leave the edge of the city and find a new home.

So the mini-series may only be up to chapter 6, but with a lot more filler.

Saw the premiere. It was good. Guess everyone else saw it early.

Surprised it was a 90 minute episode instead of 60. Rick turning the corner in downtown Atlanta was a great oh shit moment.

Likes the way you smile =D Retro's Avatar

Good show, very well directed. If not a little slow paced. Looking forward to the rest.
    Get nuts or go crazy trying.

I was a bit dissappointed by this premiere to be honest. Was expecting more.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    I was a bit dissappointed by this premiere to be honest. Was expecting more.
    Why? It was pretty much a carbon copy of the first chapter, except for a few minor details, and more of Duane's father. If anything, I think the comics first chapter goes a bit to fast. I like this slow pace rather than getting straight to the point like the comic does.

I am very glad I saw this thread this is on my top 3 of of best comics of all time so I will be DVRing this from now on
    "And Shepherds we shall be for thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy handvour feetmay swiftly carry out Thy commands.So we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    In the furnace....full of love thats just and earnest

Pacing in the first episode was pretty slow. Also most of "surprise" moments in the first episode were pretty standard for zombie movies. I'm intrigued to say the least, i'm really interested in the subplot involving his wife sleeping with his partner. Hope the pace picks up just a bit though.

Sadly I just want it to start at the prison arc so it doesn't fail before they get the chance to do such an amazing plot and the end of that season would leave none comci book readers in shock
    "And Shepherds we shall be for thee, my Lord, for thee.
    Power hath descended forth from Thy handvour feetmay swiftly carry out Thy commands.So we shall flow a river forth to Thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
    In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."

I watched the pilot yesterday and it really exceeded my expactations. The acting is good, the characters are interesting and relatable, the atmosphere is convincing and the cliffhanger was great. I wasn't bored for one second which doesn't happen very often (even if I really love the program I'm watching). I'm looking forward to the next episode.

Does anyone know how many episodes there're gonna be?

Oh, and could you please use spoiler tags for people who haven't read the comics?

Quote Originally Posted by Chocula View Post
    I watched the pilot yesterday and it really exceeded my expactations. The acting is good, the characters are interesting and relatable, the atmosphere is convincing and the cliffhanger was great. I wasn't bored for one second which doesn't happen very often (even if I really love the program I'm watching). I'm looking forward to the next episode.

Does anyone know how many episodes there're gonna be?

Oh, and could you please use spoiler tags for people who haven't read the comics?
    6 episodes for the 1st season, then 13 episodes on succeeding seasons.

"Is it more painful to cry when you can't do something you want to, or when you can't find what you want to do?"
    "In time there will come a day when everything is just a memory."
    Never Knows Best | Facebook | Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Platz View Post
    Sadly I just want it to start at the prison arc so it doesn't fail before they get the chance to do such an amazing plot and the end of that season would leave none comci book readers in shock
    Danny Trejo as the Governor please.

I'm usually not a big fan of zombie flicks, so I truly wasn't expecting a lot out of the pilot.
    Thankfully, my expectations were proved wrong: this is pretty good. The directing and the acting are decent, and, though a lot of people thought it was slowpaced, I thought it was pretty damn exciting and suspenseful. Though the series does feed off most zombie stereotypes, I still don't see it as coming off as hackneyed or cheesy. I've seen the whole "turn the corner and there's a streetful of zombies" move pulled about a hundred and four times by now, but I was still muttering "oh shit oh shit oh shit" when it happened.

Looking forward to seeing where this series goes. By the looks of it, it had the most views ever for an AMC series premiere, so my hopes are high for the time being.

For anyone who's read the series, do Duane and his dad make a reappearance, or is that all we ever see of them?

7transformation duck rider Chopper Madness's Avatar

ive never read the comics so i had none of those expectations... and i thought it was terrific

the pacing was perfect...maybe not if you've read the comic but i haven't soo

3ds friend code: 2509-2091-9671

Quote Originally Posted by Bucephalus View Post

For anyone who's read the series, do Duane and his dad make a reappearance, or is that all we ever see of them?
    They are brought back into the story somewhere around issue 60, so we won't be seeing them for quite a while. Lets just say that the next time we see them things have changed.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information