+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead (AMC series)

Default Re: The Walking Dead (AMC Miniseries)

Most of them won't happen, I'm sure.

Spoiler:
    The only one I think is 100% is Shane. But that was pretty obvious...

Discovered Stowaway CommanderPepper's Avatar

I just watched an episode, it seems pretty good. Only problem is that zombies of any kind scare the bejesus out of me. I don't know if I'll watch another episode, maybe with friends.

But these zombies aren't scary. Least, I don't think so.

Discovered Stowaway CommanderPepper's Avatar

To you maybe but, to me all zombies are scary. Probably because I saw Resident Evil when I was like 6/7.

I don't do well with horror, including zombies. I can't play a Resident Evil game. But it's just the zombies of recent years just aren't scary... Or rather, the way they're handled. Zombies when used suspensefully is scary shit, but when they're just wondering around in the open waiting to be shot... The opener of the series had a real strong sense of suspense. Rick wandering through the empty hospital and going down the stairs with his matches got my blood pumping... but nothing happened, and there was never any more moments like that since.

I think more characters died because they were deliberately killed by the living compared to the characters who were just bitten.

Spoiler:
    Then, we create some bullshit that Dr. Jenner, BECAUSE HIS LABRATORY IS BLOWING UP, has given up all hope on the survival from this apocalypse. Right. Cause he can't move from where he is WITH THE KNOWLEDGE he has to another facility that could possibly have a working generator, and start again. What fucking sense does that make?

You're a scientist! You've just gained dozens of meat shields to transfer you from one lab to another. Use them to capture zombies to use a live sample to find the cure. Be their medic. Contemplate surviving. GET THE FUCK TO FRANCE YOU FUCKTARD!

"NO! I go down with this place because that's how it goes for me! There's no hope so why bother trying!"

If you found the fucking cure once, you'll fucking find it again!

Spoiler:
    Did he find the cure? I thought he was only doing experiments. If he did find the cure I can agree with you. If not, him losing his best samples while knowing the facility will shut down soon would be enough to push him over the edge. As for Rick and team helping him. He's probably thinking he needed brains more than brawn.

About the characters dying. Most get enough development before they die, in the comics. At the very least, they live just long enough for you to think they're won't get killed then BAM!

NNID: jervinnectar

Darn my curiosity, I read the spoilers too. But now I'm going to find the comics somehow and read them myself, because like with any series based off a book/graphic novel, it seems a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by Nectar View Post

Spoiler:
    Did he find the cure? I thought he was only doing experiments. If he did find the cure I can agree with you. If not, him losing his best samples while knowing the facility will shut down soon would be enough to push him over the edge. As for Rick and team helping him. He's probably thinking he needed brains more than brawn.

About the characters dying. Most get enough development before they die, in the comics. At the very least, they live just long enough for you to think they're won't get killed then BAM!
    Spoiler:
    True, but he could have used the brawn to get him to others with brains. Get him to France.

Granted, I don't know 100% if he found the cure, but the microscope did show two organisms/viruses seemingly going from rapid movement to a far more dormant speed. It seemed like he found something to kill or slow down the virus. I may be basing this on nothing, but I couldn't say that there would be no hope from that point.

And I've said before, I'm not bashing the comic.

Why has this series gone from fairly good to absolute garbage in the course of six episodes? When I first viewed that closing scene of the first episode, with Rick desperately straggling to hoist himself up into the tank, I had really high hopes for the series, but it just set itself on a 20 degree nosedive immediately after.

HEY LETS INTRODUCE A BUNCH OF UNDEVELOPED FILLER CHARACTERS AND THEN START KILLING FOUR OF THEM OFF EVERY EPISODE TO EVOKE EMOTION DESPITE THE PAINSTAKINGLY EVIDENT FACT THAT THEY ARE UNDEVELOPED AND HAVE THUS FAR SHOWN VERY FEW HUMAN OR LIKABLE CHARACTERISTICS

AND THEN LETS ADD A BUNCH OF MOURNING SCENES THAT DUE TO THE PRIOR MENTIONED "UNDEVELOPED FILLER CHARACTERS" CLAUSE MAKE THE VIEWER FEEL COMPLETELY ESTRANGED FROM THIS OVERUSED, HACKNEYED WRITING FORMULA THAT THE WRITERS KEEP RECYCLING IN HOPES OF CREATING A RELATABLE EXPERIENCE WITH THE VIEWER

fuck this shitty show

WOAH THE DOCTOR WHISPERED SOMETHING TO RICK HOLY FUCK

"hey anyone else notice how the Doctor had video cameras everywhere and probably saw Shane attempt to rape Rick's wife?"

"hey anyone else notice how the Doctor had nothing else even mildly important to tell Rick in secret besides something he might have seen during the survivor's residence at the CDC?"

SUCH SUBTLE AND UNPREDICTABLE WRITING

Quote Originally Posted by Bucephalus View Post
    Why has this series gone from fairly good to absolute garbage in the course of six episodes? When I first viewed that closing scene of the first episode, with Rick desperately straggling to hoist himself up into the tank, I had really high hopes for the series, but it just set itself on a 20 degree nosedive immediately after.

HEY LETS INTRODUCE A BUNCH OF UNDEVELOPED FILLER CHARACTERS AND THEN START KILLING FOUR OF THEM OFF EVERY EPISODE TO EVOKE EMOTION DESPITE THE PAINSTAKINGLY EVIDENT FACT THAT THEY ARE UNDEVELOPED AND HAVE THUS FAR SHOWN VERY FEW HUMAN OR LIKABLE CHARACTERISTICS

AND THEN LETS ADD A BUNCH OF MOURNING SCENES THAT DUE TO THE PRIOR MENTIONED "UNDEVELOPED FILLER CHARACTERS" CLAUSE MAKE THE VIEWER FEEL COMPLETELY ESTRANGED FROM THIS OVERUSED, HACKNEYED WRITING FORMULA THAT THE WRITERS KEEP RECYCLING IN HOPES OF CREATING A RELATABLE EXPERIENCE WITH THE VIEWER

fuck this shitty show
    A big problem for the season is that it lasts only six episodes. They tried to fit as much drama as they could but their wasn't enough time for character development. I heard season 2 will be longer. Any confirmation on that?

Most of my attention was on characters from the comic. Everyone else I felt could die any second.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucephalus View Post
    WOAH THE DOCTOR WHISPERED SOMETHING TO RICK HOLY FUCK

"hey anyone else notice how the Doctor had video cameras everywhere and probably saw Shane attempt to rape Rick's wife?"

"hey anyone else notice how the Doctor had nothing else even mildly important to tell Rick in secret besides something he might have seen during the survivor's residence at the CDC?"

SUCH SUBTLE AND UNPREDICTABLE WRITING
    Didn't think of that.
    I'm guessing...
    Spoiler:
    Doc told Rick his wife was pregnant.

Yeah, I'm kissing this show's ass, but I really want this to be a hit and hope everyone sticks around for hopefully better season 2.

I'm actually looking forward to the next season. Even with all the disappointments, I'm willing to see this series through. Because there are plenty of things that I did love about it. Honestly the only character I dislike is Shane for being a rapist bastard. Rick's wife is still kind of a slut for sleeping with him though, so she's an idiot too.

I guess I just have an issue with that sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nectar View Post
    Didn't think of that.
    I'm guessing...
    Spoiler:
    Doc told Rick his wife was pregnant.
    Pretty sure Rick would have shown a stronger reaction to that.

Also, how would the Doctor now? Lori isn't showing any notable signs of pregnancy thus far, so unless the Doctor decided to give Lori and Ultrasound off screen JUST FOR FUN, then he wouldn't have any clue.

It's pretty obvious that he said Shane was a threat toward both him and his family's safety. There literally isn't anything else he would have had to say in secrecy.

Did the doctor actually take blood from each of them? How would he know if Lori is pregnant? I'd agree with the theory about Shane. He and Rick are starting to clash anyway. I'm sure if he found out what he did to Lori he'd probably try to kill him XD.

Next season is 13 episodes long and there's lil' promos floating around and stuff if anyone wants to check 'em out

Excited about the new season. I completely enjoyed the first one, which may be in part because it's been so fucking long since I read the beginning of the comics that I barely remember anything.

Spoiler:

Rick carrying Carl, could this be when he's accidentally shot, and is carried to Hershel's farm? Is that Glenns future wife I see, Maggie?
    Still no Tyreese yet, hope they eventually introduce him if they plan to.

Love them hiding under the cars. Looking forward to that episode.

Spoiler:
    Yeah. Looks like they get to the farm this season. I'm sure the old guy in the beard is Maggie's dad. Forgot when Tyreese first appeared in the comic. Forgot most of the comic details. Saw a quick scene of a prison, but no way they getting to the prison arch this season.

Nice. Although all those shots of Atlanta sort of creep me out since I go to school there. XD

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information