+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead (AMC series)

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    In the furnace....full of love thats just and earnest

Default Re: The Walking Dead (AMC Miniseries)

Yeah at first i was think he'd go back and kill them but now i'm think we probably won't see him till the finale since there's only two episodes left...which is BS...

Really enjoyed this episode. Very intense and emotional. Didn't expect to see
    Spoiler:
    Amy bite it quite so early. Caught me a bit off guard, since I haven't read the comic. No sympathy for the wife-beater guy (Ed), though.

Also, the final encounter with the Vatos really just tickled me. Abuela power.

Yeah, and I don't think Merle would just abandon his brother; judging by Daryl's reactions regarding him, the two seem pretty close. I think his destination is the camp, but he might just laying low due to his injury and his rather strained relations with some of other survivors. I also doubt being chained to the roof and (more or less) left for dead will have improved his temperament, so I anticipate a confrontation when he undoubtedly pops up again. He's probably just waiting for the ideal opportunity.

a mood come alive.

As someone who, strangely, had never read the comic, I have to admit at being fucking absurdly surprised after watching the first two episodes of this and then reading some of the comic.

When someone said a chapter an episode I didn't realize they meant chapters in such a short way. Holy shit! The television show is so... different!

That episode was FANTASTIC! It had everything, and changed the scenery up really nicely. Last 3 episodes has basically been the same thing for the entire episode. This one had a chunk of everything. Definitely the best of the season so far.

Only 2 episodes left... Gee, why did AMC film a 6-episode season then turned around and picked up a 13-episode season before the first had even aired? You'd think they were testing the water with the first season, but they debunked that themselves.

Discovered Stowaway killerbee1000's Avatar

The best part about last night's episode was that Robert Kirkman himself directed it.

Hope we see Merle tonight.

Started watching this last week, I am LOVING it so far! I like how indepth they get with the characters and you actually care about if they live or die. Going to see ep. 5 tonight =3

New episode was the worst yet.

ugghhhhhh fucking terrible

I really liked it. I've gotten used to the pacing now. Only one episode left, not sure what they're going to try ad accomplish in it. There was some overacting that was a bit annoying but hopefully the CDC will have some answers...

I have just seen the penultimate episode. The third and fourth were really boring (except the last five minutes of the fourth). This episode, instead, was very exciting.

I hope to see a great final season and I hope in a lot of revelations. :drool:

My apologies for my English.

The whole revelations things is so unnecessary; this is a series built upon the reactions of humanity to an apocalypse, to seeing the dead rise, not statistical information. It isn't as much WHY it happened as it is how we REACT. The comic writer himself said that somewhere, and this whole CDC arc is really fucking things up. Not to mention it's giving me a Desmond/Hatch vibe.

has a PhD in ohgodwh-AAH! Dr. Monotone's Avatar

Did anyone else notice that they never fixed the RV? They just drove off after they dropped off Jim as if nothing ever happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucephalus View Post
    The whole revelations things is so unnecessary; this is a series built upon the reactions of humanity to an apocalypse, to seeing the dead rise, not statistical information. It isn't as much WHY it happened as it is how we REACT. The comic writer himself said that somewhere, and this whole CDC arc is really fucking things up. Not to mention it's giving me a Desmond/Hatch vibe.
    I read what comic writer said. Infact, in my opinion, this series is a good series but the intention to focus only on reaction of the characters is so wrong.
    First, we have not a good horror series, or anyway, a good zombie series (but probably, I'm the only one not to know a series like this).
    Second, this idea to focus on reaction of the characters after a tragedy, it has already seen in LOST. (but however, the others "zombie movies", what do they do? )

in my opinion this is a good idea for a comics (indeed, it was in the past).
    Now (after LOST) this seems only a choise for take advantage of success of the LOST. (this is what it seems to me)

I will be glad to be wrong.

p.s. I'm sorry for my english...I'm italian and I have started learn it for two weeks, more or less.

My apologies for my English.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucephalus View Post
    i was thinking that as soon as i wrote that the CDC might have answers and while i agree that a backstory for this entire event isn't necessary i think it's way too soon to blow off the CDC because we don't know what kind of plot devise it could be used for unless the coming writer has some inside tips in which case if he didn't like it he shouldn't have signed off on it. If we get answers from the CDC it'll be a boring finale but with merle still lurking around i'm hoping they surprise us...

Haven't watched the 5th episode yet (probably gonna watch it tomorrow), was it any good?
    I'm hopefully having the Walking Dead Compendium (the first 8 volumes of the Graphic Novels) for Xmas off my parents so I've got that to look forward to as well

It wasn't a very good episode, no. Especially when coming after such a fantastic episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1 View Post
    It wasn't a very good episode, no. Especially when coming after such a fantastic episode.
    Was it a bad episode or just a bit less gory and violent than the last one (The last 10 mins of episode 4 were incredible, episode 5 obviously wasn't gonna be able to outright compete with that).
    What I've found is that having a break from all the gore and stuff and focusing on the characters every few episodes (and in books and games as well) just makes it all the more shocking when things get FUBAR again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Monotone View Post
    Did anyone else notice that they never fixed the RV? They just drove off after they dropped off Jim as if nothing ever happened.
    I thought that was one of those things where they skipped forward and we are to assume it has been long enough for them to fix it and leave Jim there. Didn't feel like shooting that scene I guess?

And it was a decent episode, still not as good as the 4th though. I hope the 6th is good, I'm looking forward to seeing it this weekend =D

has a PhD in ohgodwh-AAH! Dr. Monotone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KamenRiderNeko View Post
    I thought that was one of those things where they skipped forward and we are to assume it has been long enough for them to fix it and leave Jim there. Didn't feel like shooting that scene I guess?
    Yeah, that could be the case. Though it was a pretty sloppy transition IMO.

"Hey guys. The RV is broken and we have to fix it."
    "Uggggh, forget about me. Just put me under this tree."
    "Okay."
    *drives off in the RV*

Also, I'm not really liking the introduction of the CDC. The whole "isolated scientist trying to find a cure" type of scenario is pretty cliched and I hope they spice it up in the next episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Monotone View Post
    Yeah, that could be the case. Though it was a pretty sloppy transition IMO.

"Hey guys. The RV is broken and we have to fix it."
    "Uggggh, forget about me. Just put me under this tree."
    "Okay."
    *drives off in the RV*

Also, I'm not really liking the introduction of the CDC. The whole "isolated scientist trying to find a cure" type of scenario is pretty cliched and I hope they spice it up in the next episode.
    Yeah, that was a weird transition.

And I do hope they take the next episode in a good direction, I don't want it to end up like every other zombie flick. I'm curious to see where it goes at least.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information