+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead (AMC series)

Default Re: The Walking Dead (AMC Miniseries)

I watched the first episode this weekend I'll watch the new one soon, But I bought the first 4 volumes (soft cover ones) of the comic and god I love them and I need to read the rest so bad, wish I had the money.

I thought the episode was slow paced and they made the zombies more menacing I felt, but it was good I liked the end it seemed like the story was only gonna get better from then on, and yea well the comic gets amazing.

Spoiler:
    I really like how they used the very cliche rub yourselves with zombie stuff to trick them.

Looks like they'll be back in the city next week again, kind like in the comic, but for a different reason. They may raid the gun store while they're there, though.

I hope this won't be an annual thing, and will have a continued series schedule. Like Season 2 starting in May or June/July.

Quote Originally Posted by DanialG View Post
    Spoiler:
    I really like how they used the very cliche rub yourselves with zombie stuff to trick them.

Looks like they'll be back in the city next week again, kind like in the comic, but for a different reason. They may raid the gun store while they're there, though.

I hope this won't be an annual thing, and will have a continued series schedule. Like Season 2 starting in May or June/July.
    Its not 'zombie' stuff. Just a dead person....they had to smell as tjhough they were dead....

That scene when they're
    Spoiler:
    hackin up that body....man that was just gruesome....

Also i felt sorry for
    Spoiler:
    that racist at the end.....he was an a-hole...but even he didn't deserve that...

Great openin 2 episodes so far. I was lookin for a good post-apocolytpic series to watch and this 1 came at the perfect time.

Quote Originally Posted by LightningAce View Post
    Its not 'zombie' stuff. Just a dead person....they had to smell as tjhough they were dead....
    I'm referring to that, and the comic. Not only with a dead person, but with a zombie and every other blending in with a monster or creature. Shaun of the Dead, Tremors 2, etc.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    In the furnace....full of love thats just and earnest

So they're zombies but their muscles, vision, and olfactory/auditory senses still seem to be fully functioning. They can solve solve problems like climbing ladders and even hop fences and run....what school of zombie are we talking about here. They feel like 28 Days Later zombies but those weren't really zombies at all...

Last episode was incredibly corny. I mean, I still like the series, but the cheesiness made me cringe at times.

Dickson: what a shitty character. He's just the stereotypical racist bigot, except that he's completely unrealistic. As opposed to being a despicable, nasty human, he just comes off as this generic despicable, nasty antagonist. He has really no human qualities except I DUN WANA DIE, and he thus becomes pretty mediocre and boring.

The slow-motion sequence of the key falling into the drainpipe was dumb too. The slow-mo emphasized the corniness, but... really? A tiny drainpipe? Not... hmm... I dunno, the side of the building? No, let's go with the drainpipe: that seems more probable.

Oh yeah, and fucking lol at the zombies uprooting and pushing over the chainlink fence. Even a mob of humans would find it nearly impossible to tear that thing down, but here we have a pack of lethargic, enervated zombies who can take it out with just about a minute of pushing and shoving. lol

I liked the corniness. The dead-serious tone in the first episode annoyed me. Zombies and corniness go hand in hand.

But the racist was a completely pointless character.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    But the racist was a completely pointless character.
    I agree completely. But

Spoiler:
    He's not gonna die in the next episode.

Also spoilers for the season finale in December.
    Spoiler:
    Shane is still in the episode....so if he's ever gonna die, that would be a good time..the last episode has them in a hospital
    Last edited by DartG; November 8th, 2010 at 06:17 PM.

The racist will be fine.

Spoiler:
    Those zombies won't make it to the roof and even if they manage to climb the staircase they can't get the door open because it's chained up. The guy is more likely to starve to death but I'm sure he'll either somehow get a hold of the hacksaw or do something drastic to get out of the cuffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordzeb View Post
    So they're zombies but their muscles, vision, and olfactory/auditory senses still seem to be fully functioning. They can solve solve problems like climbing ladders and even hop fences and run....what school of zombie are we talking about here. They feel like 28 Days Later zombies but those weren't really zombies at all...
    Night of the Living Dead - Zombies use bricks, logs, etc as tools.
    Return of the Living Dead(obviously not Romero) - Zombies run, talk, think and trick into sending more paramedics.
    Day of the Dead - The Undead(at least 1) learns to act like his past life(barely)
    Land of the Dead(we shall never speak of this again) - They use weapons.

While Romero's new shit is crap, and most of the "of the living dead" series is bad, a lot of zombies have shown what has happened in the Walking Dead series.

Muscles would eventually rot out with the rest of their body. Besides the brain having twitches after death, it would probably have something to do with that, thus the cliche of shooting zombies in the head was created. But applying logic to a show about dead bodies coming back to life, and moving without any blood pumping through their system, seems pretty useless to do anyways
    Spoiler:

Since the dead come back to life, regardless of how they're killed, we're going to assume that the virus or disease or whatever it is, is airborne. And that the bite from a zombie, doesn't turn you, but rather, infects you cause of the diseases, and bacteria that a dead body holds with it. Causing a mild fever, then death.

Personally, my favorite rendition of zombies is from The Walking Dead(comic).

Though with the season finale being;
    Spoiler:
    A hospital, the director/writers might of made up a reason on why the recently dead come back to life. They might of even gotten rid of the whole airborne thing as well.
    Last edited by DartG; November 10th, 2010 at 07:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DanialG View Post
    Spoiler:

Since the dead come back to life, regardless of how they're killed, we're going to assume that the virus or disease or whatever it is, is airborne. And that the bite from a zombie, doesn't turn you, but rather, infects you cause of the diseases, and bacteria that a dead body holds with it. Causing a mild fever, then death.

Spoiler:
    In this series, everyone is already "infected" with whatever is causing the zombification. Death is just the catayst for it to happen.

Zombie bites simply cause a 100% fatal infection.

But meh, zombies. They're stupid, and I never understood the appeal.

This series is more about the relationships and how people deal with increasingly horrible shit, not to mention Kirkman's utter ruthlessness in killing off characters.

It's good for what it is, but still. Zombies. :/
    この世に悪があるとすればそれは人の心だ。

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Zenigame View Post
    Spoiler:
    In this series, everyone is already "infected" with whatever is causing the zombification. Death is just the catayst for it to happen.

Zombie bites simply cause a 100% fatal infection.

That's basically what I just said.

Though what I want to know(but probably won't ever find out, thanks Kirkman.)is why do zombies eat? Can dead things actually digest food, where does all that flesh and guts go when they eat it? I kinda hope they go the Zombieland route, and show more obese zombies.

A better question is why they all didn't rot.

Because, well, dead flesh.

In Atlanta.

IN THE MIDDLE OF SUMMER.
    Last edited by Dark Lord Zenigame; November 12th, 2010 at 02:03 PM. Reason: that poor horse...
    この世に悪があるとすればそれは人の心だ。

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Zenigame View Post
    A better question is why they all didn't rot.

Because, well, dead flesh.

In Atlanta.

IN THE MIDDLE OF SUMMER.
    Slap some BBQ sauce on those zombies and you got yourself a cook out. Tasty.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by KingofSarus View Post
    S7evin is such a badass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea View Post
    You are nice and bad-ass at the same time, S7evin.

Maybe they don't rot fast because flies and bacteria die if they injested undead flesh?

LOVE AND PEACE

But they do rot.

Kirkman said that's pretty much all they do. Unlike Romero's zombies, they eat and rot. That's it.

Hell, the first episode really laid it on thick with the flies everywhere. That's a touch that I hadn't seen before, which made it seem all the more disgusting.
    この世に悪があるとすればそれは人の心だ。

It is weird that they include zombies freezing from the cold, but not rotting from the heat.

I really liked the first episode, and hope we get more stuff dedicated to the comic material more. I know they change locations quite often in the comic, but it'd be cool to get the awesome stuff.
    Spoiler:

.When they get the Governor in Season 2, I hope they include his undead daughter.
    .If they ever do get to Rick's daughter, I don't think they'll include her getting blasted with a shotgun. I think they'll just end up having Lori have a miscarriage, and then get shot later on. Though that scene, and Tyreese getting beheaded was a powerful, fucking out of nowhere scene.
    .Duane as a zombie, I hope the mini-story with his dad in episode 1 will have a connection with Duane turning.

Halfway through the fourth episode and loving it. This is the best episode yet: perfect balance of intense action and drama.

EDIT: So the episode is over now... holy fuck! Holy fuck! Holy fuck!
    Last edited by Bucephalus; November 21st, 2010 at 08:59 PM.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    In the furnace....full of love thats just and earnest

And that's why you always have a lookout during the zombie apocalypse...

I sort of want to see what Merle's up to. Where else could he have gone besides the camp?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information