Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Semi-Finals Round Discussion Thread

Default Re: "Whatever this round is!" Semi-Finals Round Discussion Thread

wait wait wait who's predicting Shanks for the final?! as much as i love Shanks, Bon clearly deserves to go to the final, especially with what just happened at ID and all. realistically, Shanks doesn't stand a chance against Whitebeard. Bon, on the other hand, has endeared himself to us in so many ways, it's going to be physically painful to vote for either Bon or Whitebeard. and that's the kind of match you want, not the curbstomp that's been happening so many times for the past two rounds.
    Handsome man save me from the monsters.

Discovered Stowaway piratemarimo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trappedolphin View Post
    wait wait wait who's predicting Shanks for the final?! as much as i love Shanks, Bon clearly deserves to go to the final, especially with what just happened at ID and all. realistically, Shanks doesn't stand a chance against Whitebeard. Bon, on the other hand, has endeared himself to us in so many ways, it's going to be physically painful to vote for either Bon or Whitebeard. and that's the kind of match you want, not the curbstomp that's been happening so many times for the past two rounds.
    How true! ... Wouldn't it be hilarious if the last match was a curb stomping, though? Because then it would be the ultimate anti-climax. I'll bet you anything people will say "Bon-chan sacrificed himself to save Luffy? Big deal!! Epicbeard can destroy the world!!" and that's how Bon-chan will lose. or something, I don't even know.

Quote Originally Posted by piratemarimo View Post
    I'll bet you anything people will say "Bon-chan sacrificed himself to save Luffy? Big deal!! Epicbeard can destroy the world!!" and that's how Bon-chan will lose. or something, I don't even know.
    i hope that doesn't happen! against fodder that's fine, but with WB and Bon, both sides should have fresh amazing campaigns. i really really like that WB video Fire-Fist posted.

ah but in any case, vote for Bon-chwan and Papabeard for the finals!!!

i hope that doesn't happen! against fodder that's fine, but with WB and Bon, both sides should have fresh amazing campaigns. i really really like that WB video Fire-Fist posted.

ah but in any case, vote for Bon-chwan and Papabeard for the finals!!!
    Trappedolphin, you haven't seen the video Robby posted yet have you?

How true! ... Wouldn't it be hilarious if the last match was a curb stomping, though? Because then it would be the ultimate anti-climax. I'll bet you anything people will say "Bon-chan sacrificed himself to save Luffy? Big deal!! Epicbeard can destroy the world!!" and that's how Bon-chan will lose. or something, I don't even know.
    Bon-chan sacrificed himself to save Luffy? Big deal!! Epicbeard sacrificed himself to save his entire goddamn crew, plus a bunch of other guys, including Luffy!! AND he can destroy the world. And still have time to take Stefan out for a walk.

And that's how Bon-chan will lose.

Trappedolphin, you haven't seen the video Robby posted yet have you?
    umm. i might have, but probably not if i can't remember it. where is it?

umm. i might have, but probably not if i can't remember it. where is it?
    It's bound to be on the first page of every single Bon-chan match. Robby loves posting it, and damn is it awesome.

oh. THAT one. yes, i've seen it before... it made me cry (kinda).

Quote Originally Posted by Kylor View Post
    Bon-chan sacrificed himself to save Luffy? Big deal!! Epicbeard sacrificed himself to save his entire goddamn crew, plus a bunch of other guys, including Luffy!! AND he can destroy the world. And still have time to take Stefan out for a walk.

And that's how Bon-chan will lose.
    Oh yeah, as if Bon-chan didn't sacrifice himself to save the entire goddamn Strawhat crew, plus a bunch of other guys from Impel Down, including Luffy (more than once)!! So don't act as if Bon-chan hasn't done shit or that he he cares about his friends any less than Whitebeard does.

Indiscriminate Grappler Gokuyuske's Avatar

I have no idea who will win if Whitebeard and Mr. 2 go up against each other. I'm not even sure who I'd vote for! They've both been such great characters, especially recently.

Am i the only one here who isn't on WBs nuts.... Seems like everyone considers this decision a hard one.

You gotta be kidding me. This is how people act when finals are around the corner? Go figure. All I can say is vote for whoever you feel like voting for. Have fun. Make great campaigns and stop the complaining already.
    Everything's Eventual...

Oh yeah, as if Bon-chan didn't sacrifice himself to save the entire goddamn Strawhat crew, plus a bunch of other guys from Impel Down, including Luffy (more than once)!! So don't act as if Bon-chan hasn't done shit or that he he cares about his friends any less than Whitebeard does.
    Okay, okay, Bon-chan is a great guy.

And I'm sure there are lots of people in Alabasta that would agree with you.

I mean, come on, he didn't even seem SORRY about anything he did there. He just sacrificed himself in the name of friendship, and suddenly, everyone completely forgets about all the lives he ruined.

Okay, okay, Bon-chan is a great guy.

And I'm sure there are lots of people in Alabasta that would agree with you.

I mean, come on, he didn't even seem SORRY about anything he did there. He just sacrificed himself in the name of friendship, and suddenly, everyone completely forgets about all the lives he ruined.
    are you even listening to yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobjr View Post
    When I die I want to get shot out of a cannon. Scare the hell out of someone.

I don't get it, how did Bon-clay get so popular?!>....
    I'll vote for Shanks and WB.

Eh, it's just something that's been bugging me for a while. I mean, he never apologizes for what happened at Nanohana. not even once.

In all seriousness, I hope Whitebeard loses. Now let me make myself clear. Whitebeard is my favorite character in One Piece. His dialogue is awesome, his actions are always impressive, and he also has great emotional moments to top it all off. Let's face it, we all want to have a Pop like him. However, as it has been stated before, most people don't see that. They always speak of all the times he powered through an injury, or beat up Akainu, or how he can destroy the world. Personally, I couldn't care less about that. Oda could have Whitebeard eat the friggin' moon, if he wanted. In the end, that stuff is all just drawings, nothing more. However, you can't simply fabricate great characterization like that, good writing is a lot more impressive. The true notable moments don't come from Whitebeard's Devil Fruit powers, nor do they come from his resilience. They come from the times he's stood up for his sons, his badass attitude, his manly death, and his truly moving motivations. I may not frequent the matches as often as I should, but I've seen no campaigns based on any of that. I don't want to see Whitebeard win because of his physical merits. I will vote for Whitebeard in the upcoming rounds, as I've always done. But I hope to see my vote be the only one for him.

If I am wrong, and if there are those that feel the same way I do, then I hope you'll do your best to support Pops. As for rest of you...

VOTE FOR BON KUREI IN THE 2010 CHARACTER TOURNAMENT.
    Actually, vote for Shanks. But it's more likely Bon Kurei will win, so yeah.

So, when will the filler match begin?

Eh, it's just something that's been bugging me for a while. I mean, he never apologizes for what happened at Nanohana. not even once.

In all seriousness, I hope Whitebeard loses. Now let me make myself clear. Whitebeard is my favorite character in One Piece. His dialogue is awesome, his actions are always impressive, and he also has great emotional moments to top it all off. Let's face it, we all want to have a Pop like him. However, as it has been stated before, most people don't see that. They always speak of all the times he powered through an injury, or beat up Akainu, or how he can destroy the world. Personally, I couldn't care less about that. Oda could have Whitebeard eat the friggin' moon, if he wanted. In the end, that stuff is all just drawings, nothing more. However, you can't simply fabricate great characterization like that, good writing is a lot more impressive. The true notable moments don't come from Whitebeard's Devil Fruit powers, nor do they come from his resilience. They come from the times he's stood up for his sons, his badass attitude, his manly death, and his truly moving motivations. I may not frequent the matches as often as I should, but I've seen no campaigns based on any of that. I don't want to see Whitebeard win because of his physical merits. I will vote for Whitebeard in the upcoming rounds, as I've always done. But I hope to see my vote be the only one for him.

If I am wrong, and if there are those that feel the same way I do, then I hope you'll do your best to support Pops. As for rest of you...

VOTE FOR BON KUREI IN THE 2010 CHARACTER TOURNAMENT.
    Actually, vote for Shanks. But it's more likely Bon Kurei will win, so yeah.
    Hmm...just vote for Whitebeard and we'll make sure he wins.

Lol, don't worry about you being the only person who likes him for this reason or that reason. People like him for a variety of reasons and people will vote for him for a variety of reasons. That's all there is to it. What's better than the other is only a matter of opinion but at least all Whitebeard supporters share one common goal. We want him to win! That he shall and in honor of his name and deeds.
    Everything's Eventual...

Bon blows. I hope he is actually dead, so we never have to deal with his character ever again

Discovered Stowaway

bon will sacrifice himself and let pops win

Thread Information