• Caska

155 26.54%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Filler Match: Best Heroine!

Default Re: Filler Match: Best Heroine!

Quote Originally Posted by Thousand Lion-san View Post
    No votes for Asuna, robby?:(
    Nope. She's not even my favorite female in Negima, let alone among all of these.

The list also originally had Leona from Tank Police. Then I realized that if no one here knew Lone Wolf and Cub, no one would know Tank Police either.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by robbybedfart View Post
    In order from left to right.

Tenchi Muyo. Slayers. Nausicaa. Revolutionary Girl Utena. Sailor Moon. Battle Angel Alita. Gunsmith Cats. Beelzebub. Negima. Berserk.

My only regret is there wasn't room for Bean Bandit last round. Dude is amazing.
    Who was in that round? I must have missed that one XD

If more people knew Battle Angel Alita, Gally should be winning.
    It's not a big deal, but I regret Cutie Honey isn't in the poll.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoNico28 View Post
    What? He was a candidate? I would of actually voted someone other than Goku if he was in it.
    I actually didn't think of him until after the match had started.

Similarly, left out one of my all time favorites, Aisha Clan Clan in this match.

A million anime characters, a lot are going to be neglected. Also left out A-ko because I couldn't find a decent picture of her, the Harlock universe, and everything done by Johji Manabe, simply because I assume most of the audience on this board doesn't know those very well, even if Outlanders is one of my all time faves.

Quote Originally Posted by KamenRiderNeko View Post
    Who was in that round? I must have missed that one XD
    http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=29013
    Last edited by Robby; September 1st, 2010 at 10:34 AM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Similarly, left out one of my all time favorites, Aisha Clan Clan in this match.
    THIS!

Spoiler:

I'm glad to see Sailor Moon getting her butt kicked in the polls. Well, not butt kicked but at least she's not winning.
    Everything's Eventual...

Hey robby, was Pai from 3x3 eyes also up for consideration?

And what about Ranma? (female version)
    Last edited by TLC; September 1st, 2010 at 10:35 AM. Reason: No bitching. Just curious.

I feel I didn't vote for the right characters but I don't know most of these girls.

In the last filler I didn't know only one of the characters so I was happy about my vote.

Oh well

I need to get in my hands more of manga then.

A million anime characters, a lot are going to be neglected. Also left out the Harlock verse, and everything done by Johji Manabe, simply because I assume most of the audience on this board doesn't know those very well.

http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=29013
    Too bad about the Harlock girls like Queen Emeraldas, and of course Aisha Clan Clan. Heh, I never finished Outlaw Star, but I did enjoy whatever I did watch.

And if I had voted on that Best Hero poll, it would've gone to Great Teacher Onizuka! I freaking loved that show it was so brilliant and the manga is even better.

Vote for Ryoko!! She's one of the most interesting character in the Tenchi series. Espically during Time and Space Adventures Part 3.

[youtube]GubWjSP6924[/youtube]

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    There's still a couple more filler matches yet. I'll see if I can't find a place for her somewhere. Best catgirl ever.

Hrm. Best catgirl...

Quote Originally Posted by Thousand Lion-san View Post
    Hey robby, was Pai from 3x3 eyes also up for consideration?

And what about Ranma? (female version)
    I didn't think of Pai, but she would have been good... if obscure.

Ranma's gender bending makes it unfair, it would have been Akane instead probably. Given that this board is more familiar with Inu-Yasha, and pretty much hates it, I figured anything from Takehashi was really asking for trouble. Nausicaa is the oldest thing in this match, and she's a titular Miyazaki character.

And no love for Utena apparently. That's kind of surprising.

Picture time! Since I'm not campaigning for anyone character, just pics of a few that I like.
    Spoiler:

Battle Angel

Gunsmith Cats

Revolutionary Girl Utena

Slayers

I'm sure I'll dig out more from my collection! XD

And no love for Utena apparently. That's kind of surprising.
    That's so sad, I love Utena! Its my favorite girly series ever! I still remember how I had watched the first four episodes of the series and then decided I should see the movie.... Bad idea. I had no clue wtf was going on! I understand it a bit more now that I've seen all but 10 episodes of the series. And reading the entire manga helped too.

for when the magic's gone Tragic_johnson's Avatar

Interesting poll, theres a ton of females in anime that are awesome, so I understand it was probably hard to get a set list of them. Im also suprised in the lack of shonen female characters, but most of them suck anyway.

Robby, of all the series represented in this match, which would you suggest I read/watch first?

Why wouldn't you vote for Lina?

Awesome Koala by Heart~

man its hard to find pictures off caska with clothes on, she is always naked it seems...

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    Robby, of all the series represented in this match, which would you suggest I read/watch first?

if i can also suggest, i would surely sugest berserk
    You are a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post

I'm glad to see Sailor Moon getting her butt kicked in the polls. Well, not butt kicked but at least she's not winning.
    I don't like Sailor moon either. She has got the most broken powerup I've ever seen in a manga.

Vote for Ryoko!!

Slayers or Berserk.

Try the first 10 episodes of Slayers, it's a self contained arc, you'll know if you love it or hate by that point, and then can decide if you want to proceed through the four seasons and 6 movies. Stick with the anime for Slayers.

Berserk is also amazing as well, one of my all time favorites. Manga still isn't finished, but... it IS one of the best things being done, hiatuses be damned. The anime is also really solid and only 25 episodes, but most that read the manga first hates it.

Tenchi is good, but its had so many continuities and reboots its hard to reccomend any one particular part of it.

Slayers or Berserk would be my first choices.

Nausicaa (the manga version anyway) is also self contained and considered Miyazaki's master work, and is the shorthand answer to "what is the best manga?". But its not my personal favorite.

Avoid Sailor Moon, it HAD to be one of your starter anime 14 years ago and full of nostalgia value. There's no other way for it to be watchable.
    Last edited by Robby; September 1st, 2010 at 10:56 AM.

The best Tenchi series to watch is ether Tenchi Muyo OVA or Tenchi Universe. Tenchi Universe is the easist since The Universe tv series, Tenchi Movies 1 and 3 all go together for one storyline connected into one universe.

Thread Information