+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Luffy's Message

Default Re: Luffy's Message

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Habaneroo View Post
    Well putting it that way, they still never mention being worried about him. He says that the whole thing is unlike something that Luffy would do. Since he's saying that it's something that he wouldn't "do" not something that he's showing, that still leaves a lot of possibilities. Maybe it is something written in the article but I doubt the tattoo would be a part of the message. It's not like the reporters could conveniently understand what it meant right away.
    Gosh I'm sorry I'm being so unclear today. I meant the comment Ray made about the dull looking men not getting it... Edited my post above with the link

And about the Kuma thing, I think that there's more to him than what he's said. Dragon has him in the Marines for SOME reason. I don't think that he's incompetent enough to send him there just to become a mindless cyborg that's completely under the WG's control.
    Man I hope you are right about this part! Otherwise it wasn't looking good for Shakky or the Sunny when last we saw them...

Quote Originally Posted by VL7 View Post
    The message can't be in the tatoo, because they had no way of making sure it would appear in the newspaper in a legible form(as a matter of fact it didn't). They couldn't have known what angle the photographs in the newspaper would have been shot from.
    I agree, if we can't make it out I pretty damn sure the crew can't either. And if it's written out in the article wouldn't someone have at least mentioned it once? Even if they did, what's the significance of writing about a pirate getting a tattoo in a newspaper in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by I survived the buster call View Post
    Gosh I'm sorry I'm being so unclear today. I meant the comment Ray made about the dull looking men not getting it... Edited my post above with the link
    Ok, I see what you're getting at but it could both mean him and Jinbei (Jimbei? I always get confused ) or 2 people in his crew. I think it's the former since he's been shown to be modest back at Sabaody and Amazon Lily with his, "I wish I could help even though I'm holding back an admiral" and "I'm getting old even though I just swam through the Calm Belt and killed a Sea King on the way" schtick.

Regarding the tattoo, the second letter, I still believe is an A. If it was an O that had been crossed out, then it looks like it was horribly crossed out. Granted, the A does have a curve at a certain point which makes it look rather awkward, but what else could it be? Maybe it was just the style/font of the A?

The 3rd letter looks like the number 2. I'm not discounting the possibility of another number before 2. I can see why people think it's the letter Omega, so I won't throw away this possibility.

Default Re: Chapter 594: "Message" Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Locks View Post
    I personally don't really think the message is in the tattoo was just bringing this up as a possibility because i believe it could be one-just a small chance of it being one.- But if i was a reporter i'd want to report it. It's something new. And yeah he did other more "news worthy" things but that doesn't mean a tattoo has to be excluded along with the other things he has done. And since it isn't as big as the other things it might stick out to his crew more since others might just brush it off as nothing important since to everyone else he's just a pirate and lots of pirates have tats.
    I don't think the world is hanging onto every small change in Luffy's appearance. As noted earlier, tats are common in the pirate world so the appearance of another one doesn't mean a lot. Methinks the picture of the tattoo in the newspaper is not clear enough for the strawhats to discover a message in it. I mean, I have seen at least 5 different takes on the wording of that tattoo on this forum and we see the same pic as the strawhats. I think the message is in Luffy's activities at Marineford. They have been described so specifically and Oda has even bothered to give two completely different interpretations of those acts. I think its odds on that the strawhats derive some message from the bell ringing and circumnavigating of the headquarters (apart from the atheist one. I am sure he'll just land up in the reunion by accident ).

Quote Originally Posted by cooldud_21 View Post
    I don't think the world is hanging onto every small change in Luffy's appearance. As noted earlier, tats are common in the pirate world so the appearance of another one doesn't mean a lot. Methinks the picture of the tattoo in the newspaper is not clear enough for the strawhats to discover a message in it. I mean, I have seen at least 5 different takes on the wording of that tattoo on this forum and we see the same pic as the strawhats. I think the message is in Luffy's activities at Marineford. They have been described so specifically and Oda has even bothered to give two completely different interpretations of those acts. I think its odds on that the strawhats derive some message from the bell ringing and circumnavigating of the headquarters (apart from the atheist one. I am sure he'll just land up in the reunion by accident ).
    Hidden:
    [YOUTUBE]kgJ-8XsrQAA[/YOUTUBE]

Exactly. The message is in the actions, not the tattoo. There's already been 2 sides of this and Rayleigh even said that it's something that Luffy would be unlikely to do on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by cooldud_21 View Post
    Methinks the picture of the tattoo in the newspaper is not clear enough for the strawhats to discover a message in it. I mean, I have seen at least 5 different takes on the wording of that tattoo on this forum and we see the same pic as the strawhats.
    There's a difference between a photo, and a drawing of a photo in black and white not reproduced at full size.

In any event, the uncertainty of the letters being caught IS an issue. The message is probably more than that.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by robbybedfart View Post
    There's a difference between a photo, and a drawing of a photo in black and white not reproduced at full size.
    That argument would have been relevant if the information conveyed was contained in the resolution or the colours contained on the pic in the newspaper. My point is we see the same letters (or lack of them) as does the crew. The black and white drawing of the pic is enough to show us that the picture of the tattoo is inconclusive.

I fig'd:
    SA2W, and S & A aren't marked on, it's just a wrinkle in the armband (which are used in east asian funerals). Stands for the 4 people he's mourning, and not related to anything else.
    Bell had something to do with the return time, since if it meant "come back right away" Nami wouldn't have complained.

(S)treet Fighter (A)lpha (2) (W)orld edition.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Also, why does everyone think the second letter is an A, to begin with? It looks to me like an O that's sharing a single crossed out X with the top letter.

http://a.imageshack.us/img686/8671/armj.jpg

There's a curve to his arm, we aren't seeing the whole thing. The third letter could be an Ω symbol, for instance.
    The tatto can be read on other ways, like Backward, upside Down....etc
    also the First Top letters which are presumed to be S and A are both crossed with the same cross.

The 2 Y = may reffers to the 2nd half of Grandline.
    The 2nd letter is probably not a "0" or an Omega considering its size and the "2" Size.

The 1st letter may be an "8" which referes to the number of SHs excluding Luffy and Sunny go (its already waiting fro them)

whenever i look at the tatto, i see this :
    The 2 First look like a "Number+Letter" probably a 8o, and they are both corssed
    the 2 last look also like a "Number+letter", probably 2y, and they are not crossed

I got this from someone else but its the best theory so far...

SA2Y = SAH(ni)EE or Sunny. 2 in Japanese is Ni

Why would the tattoo be the message if it can't even be made out clearly? I doubt the crew can read it any easier than us, the audience. The bells are the message.

But....what exactly would that mean? Because it's kinda obvious that they would meet at the Sunny in the first place.

A real rain will come... JERK DISEASE's Avatar

Why would the tattoo be the message if ITS A FUCKING TATTOO.

1. It's an impractical thing Luffy does not display clearly in the picture.
    2. It's an impractical thing that would possibly not even be photographed, even the press could have simply gotten the wrong angle.
    3. It's an impractical thing because it wouldn't be reported on either.
    4. No one's fucking mentioned it, they're all talking about the bells.
    5. And.Above.All.Else.
    TATTOOS ARE PERMANENT. WHY WOULD YOU MAKE A PERMANENT MESSAGE FOR ONE THING.

Quote Originally Posted by UBERHAKI
    but its the best theory so far...
    Acutually it's bad and probably near the very bottom.
    1. Ace (), 2. WB (), 3. BB (X), 4. Perona () 5. Boa () 6. Jimbei (???), 7. Sabo lives (), 8. Timeskip ()

Quote Originally Posted by JERK DISEASE View Post
    Why would the tattoo be the message if ITS A FUCKING TATTOO.

1. It's an impractical thing Luffy does not display clearly in the picture.
    2. It's an impractical thing that would possibly not even be photographed, even the press could have simply gotten the wrong angle.
    3. It's an impractical thing because it wouldn't be reported on either.
    4. No one's fucking mentioned it, they're all talking about the bells.
    5. And.Above.All.Else.

Acutually it's bad and probably near the very bottom.
    [YOUTUBE]P3ALwKeSEYs[/YOUTUBE]
    Finally .

Quote Originally Posted by JERK DISEASE View Post
    5. And.Above.All.Else.
    He had a war paint, tattoo-like symbol during the Davy Back fight all over his chest. Same could apply here IF it were meant to be a one time message, but its pretty assuredly not.

There's also Vivi's note of "is that a fashion statement?" though she may have just been referring to the multitude of bandages.

In any event, I don't think that letters on his arm are the message given how circumstantial it would need to be to get them in any presumed photos, and much is being made about the bells, I'm just trying to figure out what they say. Aparently no one here has better insight or a more creative imagination beyond "its clearly a meet me here" message.

But its not a coded message saying "meet back at Sabondy" in any way, shape or form, thats just stupid given they'll be following Rayleighs card in any event.

Should probably just wait on it, we've gotten what we can get out of it for the moment. Oda will make the meaning clear when he makes the meaning clear.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

I don't think the tattoo has anything to do with the message.

Yeah I think it's just Luffy's way of remembering Ace. I'm not really feeling anything from a badly angled shot like that.

He had a war paint, tattoo-like symbol during the Davy Back fight all over his chest. Same could apply here IF it were meant to be a one time message, but its pretty assuredly not.

There's also Vivi's note of "is that a fashion statement?" though she may have just been referring to the multitude of bandages.

In any event, I don't think that letters on his arm are the message given how circumstantial it would need to be to get them in any presumed photos, and much is being made about the bells, I'm just trying to figure out what they say. Aparently no one here has better insight or a more creative imagination beyond "its clearly a meet me here" message.

But its not a coded message saying "meet back at Sabondy" in any way, shape or form, thats just stupid given they'll be following Rayleighs card in any event.

Should probably just wait on it, we've gotten what we can get out of it for the moment. Oda will make the meaning clear when he makes the meaning clear.
    Personally, and I know it sounds kinda stupid in a way, I think that Rayleigh and Kuma planned something out before the war so that after the war he can paw Shackey, the Sunny, and the rest of them somewhere safe for the meantime and they'll regroup there. I don't know how Kuma's able to do that if he's been completely remodeled for the WG, but that's all I've got going for me.

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

It's funny reading this thread knowing Oda made the message easy for the SHs to get but vague for the readers and now everyone is just throwing shit at the wall to see if it sticks.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information