+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Zoinks! A Scooby Doo thread!

Default Zoinks! A Scooby Doo thread!

Considering a conversation has been going in the CN thread as of late tied to the new "Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated" series, I figured we'd have to create a thread for it and essentially the Scooby meta-franchise. (that would include all forms...yes, Scrappy included) Now as I was saying from the CN thread:

I think what I read somewhere was that essentially it was meant to be Fred/Daphne and Shaggy/Velma on "Where are You", but somehow the craziness of Shaggy and Scooby parts and the misinformation of later writers forced Velma onto Fred and Daphne and kept her technically doing the detective stuff. (when, you know, they all were doing it)

I saw the first two seasons of "Where are You" set at BJs for 20 bucks but couldn't get it cause our BJs has a bit of a line situation (never enough cashiers working at once) and some other stuff. May eventually get it but here's hoping.
    Y'know, Negima WAS awesome...
    For the first 18 volumes.

Default Re: Zoinks! A Scooby Doo thread!

Huh was just watching Scooby Doo and the zombie island, which incidently is the best Scooby movie ever.

I will go on a whim and say I never hated Scrappy .

He was far less pointless then Scooby Dumb, who was pointless for like two episodes .

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer Local-chan's Avatar

when I was little I used to think Scrappy was awesome. It came as quite a shock to see everyone hate him. Although I went back and watched it later when I was older and found him annoying.

I loved how he was the baddie in one of the films lol

What ? When the hell did that happen ?

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer Local-chan's Avatar

In one of the Live Action ones. It all turned out to be Scrappy Doo being angry at Scooby for being likeable or something.

Dancing in September Animesoccer's Avatar

Shaggy was my favorite character. I loved his wierd beard thing
    Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Local-chan View Post
    In one of the Live Action ones. It all turned out to be Scrappy Doo being angry at Scooby for being likeable or something.
    Well that makes sure I never watch the LA movies .

Not even Rowan Atkinson can save every movie he's in

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    What ? When the hell did that happen ?
    Adding to what Wolfwood said Scrappy was never overly popular with the fanbase so that gave Warner Bros fair enough excuse to include him the first movie.

Remember the New Scooby Doo Movies? Those were fuckin' awesome, especially the Jerry Reed, Three Stooges, and Don Knotts one(s).

I actually read in an article that the original idea of "Scooby Doo" actually involved two dogs: a big coward (Scooby) and a hyper-active dog who actually would challenge the monsters...and this was back in '69. They were going to make the dog a smaller breed before dropping it but it could be the Scrappy concept's initial idea. (they also sort of mention he's a bit like Henry Hawk or Sylvester Jr. from the WB cartoons...always liked Henry but not Sylvester's kid)

(can't quite find that article but I found it while drifting around the web in prep for the new series last weekend)

BTW: I sort of don't mind Scooby Dum myself, but that's because for some reason I actually sort of like the 70s show. Hope they don't really refer back to him in the new show...
    Y'know, Negima WAS awesome...
    For the first 18 volumes.

Huh, a Scooby Doo thread.

Well, I like where the new series is going, but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokoro Ataru View Post

BTW: I sort of don't mind Scooby Dum myself, but that's because for some reason I actually sort of like the 70s show. Hope they don't really refer back to him in the new show...
    It's not like I mind the character , but he seems entierly pointless . Scooby is esentialy either super inteligent , when you consider he's a talking dog , or incredibly stupid when you view him as generaly equal to Shaggy , also not the brightest bean in the barell .

Dum is just there for like three episodes maybe ? And having a talking dog yet claiming he's this moronic at the same time seems a bit of a contradiction .

Also remember that female talking dog , wasn't she also a Scooby ?

Didn't stop both muts to have the hots for her .

El Sucio Sánchez SantoryuMaster97's Avatar

Oh wow, Scooby Dumb...

I only remember 3:
    Monotikitia
    The Ghostly Track Star/Sprinter
    Pirate Ghosts

They were fun. As for Scrappy Doo, i pretty much thought he was the best but wow was that long ago. After i saw that terrible movie (Live Action) I really couldnt stand Scrappy anymore.

Like Zoinks, man!
    Survivor of the Ivotas Holocaust!

XboxLive Gamertag: Big Evil99
    Addiction defines Gravity. Speed over addiction

I say the best character in the Scooby Doo franchise ever was Vincent Price .

Cause he was like a real actor and stuff

Yeah. He was awesome.

The opening to 13 Ghosts is amongst my all time favourites because of his voice part .

The show , and 12 ghosts (sigh) themselves were kinda meh

El Sucio Sánchez SantoryuMaster97's Avatar

Spoiler:

You sure?
    Survivor of the Ivotas Holocaust!

XboxLive Gamertag: Big Evil99
    Addiction defines Gravity. Speed over addiction

I've never understood how a show that so blatantly repeats the same formula over and over every time, so that every episode is the same, would be so popular and last so long.

And then I look at pokemon....

Also, Scooby and the Zombie Island was the best. They were self aware parodying some of the kinks of the older material while playing it straight.

Also. Scooby meets Johnny Bravo.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by robbybedfart View Post
    Also, Scooby and the Zombie Island was the best. They were self aware parodying some of the kinks of the older material while playing it straight.

Also. Scooby meets Johnny Bravo.
    These were my two favorite Scooby Doo involved things ever.

I swear, that one movie is the only Zombie related thing that I can casually say I loved. <3 I still sing the song that plays when they're getting chased everytime I watch it. <3

I wish this played more often. Johnny Bravo/Scooby Doo was my favorite episode of Johnny Bravo ever. And really, the only episode I had enough patience to actually watch as a child. When I wasn't running rampent around the house, that is.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information