View Poll Results: Moria, Dead or Alive?

Voters
746. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dead

463 62.06%
  • Alive

283 37.94%
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 77 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Moria's fate

Moria is on Sniper Island. toiim's Avatar

Default Moria's fate

I've heard people opinions on this, but I'm more interested in quantity for now.

So Moria, dead or alive?

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    I thought Kizaru was always drunk

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Default Re: Moria's fate

Moria is as alive as the snake that was about to eat Calgara's daughter.
    With body cut into pieces.
    Last edited by Sea; July 15th, 2010 at 08:32 PM.

Dead.
    I don't think there's a good enough reason to keep him alive.
    And I hardly think he could get away from Doflamingo if Doflamingo really wanted to kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cream-of-Chicken View Post
    Dead.
    I don't think there's a good enough reason to keep him alive.
    And I hardly think he could get away from Doflamingo if Doflamingo really wanted to kill him.
    Although people say 'no one dies in OP'

Oda would be neglecting his duty as a storyteller to keep him alive after what Doflamingo said.

Master Moria will live for ever!

In our hearts T_T

3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Swole Chihuahua Rogues' Gallery's Avatar

We really don't know. We know that Doflamingo was ordered to kill Moria, making it seem like he died in the war. Moria himself was last seen coughing up blood on the ground, surrounded by Kuma Robots and at Doflamingo's mercy.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/581/17/

With the latest chapter, Mihawk reads a newspaper article stating that Moria died in the war. However, Mihawk knows that Moria was still alive when he left the battlefield after the War ended. So, Mihawk doubts the credability of the article and wonders why they would lie about that Moria's fate.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/580/09/

http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/91854766/4

Mihawk does not know about Doflamingo's actions and the Kuma robots, since that happened after he left, so he actually knows less then we readers do, and we're really nowhere in terms of a positive dead or alive. It's all theories, opinions, and speculations until we get further evidence from future chapters.

Quote Originally Posted by RobZilla
    By the end of this fight with Diamante, she'll rediscover her resolve when she's faced with a protect them or they die situation.
    Rebecca will get her triumphant moment, don't you worry.

I'd say he is dead. I guess there isn't too much to back that up, but it's just a hunch I have, I guess.

Although people say 'no one dies in OP'

Oda would be neglecting his duty as a storyteller to keep him alive after what Doflamingo said.
    My sister said the same thing, and then Ace died.

He would be. Plus they put it in the paper. If the WG doesn't need him, there's a good chance they would go pretty far out of their way to get rid of him.
    It's possible Dofla put him on the black market, but I doubt it. He's not that stupid.
    In my opinion, they're clearing out the Shichibukai in order to make room for something much bigger (and they're paranoid, after the war) so they started with Moria.

@MR.333

But based in what we know, which 'side' has more evidence supporting it.

Should have made the poll public.

Anyways, dead for the reason JERK DISEASE posted in the chapter thread. I interpreted the dialog the same way as him and that is Mihawk is simply suspicious since he last saw Moria alive so he knows Moria's death wasn't on the battlefield (but something must have happened otherwise).

I don't think the government would claim someone was dead so confidently if they weren't sure.

I think he's dead. Sure the newspaper lied about what caused his death but I doubt they would say he's dead if he's not. If he escaped, then they would make something up to show the world that he's no longer on the government's side. So I say he's dead.

In a Berserk, Near-Death State, running around with an Equalizer

DoFlamingo obviously killed Moria, why wouldn't he?
    There is no real reason why you would think that Moria is alive, and the way Oda wrote it, its pretty obvious

Bellamy also probably died, but no one is discussing that Bellamy is alive, its just that Moria is beloved and its hard to accept his death

What do you guys expect? This?:

-Hum, it will be nice to say that you died in... the war...
    (Moria angry but defenseless)
    [End of the chapter]
    -Okay, now that I said that, you're gonna be my buddy
    -Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.333 View Post
    We really don't know. We know that Doflamingo was ordered to kill Moria, making it seem like he died in the war. Moria himself was last seen coughing up blood on the ground, surrounded by Kuma Robots and at Doflamingo's mercy.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/581/17/

With the latest chapter, Mihawk reads a newspaper article stating that Moria died in the war. However, Mihawk knows that Moria was still alive when he left the battlefield after the War ended. So, Mihawk doubts the credability of the article and wonders why they would lie about that Moria's fate.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/580/09/

http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/91854766/4

Mihawk does not know about Doflamingo's actions and the Kuma robots, since that happened after he left, so he actually knows less then we readers do, and we're really nowhere in terms of a positive dead or alive. It's all theories, opinions, and speculations until we get further evidence from future chapters.
    They probably put in the paper that he died in they war because they didn't want the public to know a Shichibukai--weather on their orders or not--killed another Shichibukai.
    I can't imagine that would go over too well with the public. The war is a perfect way to hush it all up.

In a Berserk, Near-Death State, running around with an Equalizer

BTW, its obvious that the Gorousei are the responsible for Moria's death

alive simply because I don't think oda wants to keep killing off characters, doflamingo will cut him a deal for help in making the new world in his image

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

Doflamingo lied to the WG about Moria's death? Seems unlikely. The WG must have seen Moria's sexy corpse to claim in the newspaper that he is dead, especially after all that happened with the Kuma issues. Doflamingo is fucking crazy about the new age, and to him, weaklings don't deserve to live in this age. He needs nothing from weaklings, and he has no mercy, and he isn't the type that would be bribed, and also not the type that would borrow power from the weakling he look down upon. He need nothing from Moria. He is all about era. There is no reason someone like him would trick the WG and help Moria. And there is even less reason someone of his caliber would let a injured weakling like Moria escape, not to mention the dandy Kumabots around him.
    Last edited by Sea; July 15th, 2010 at 07:36 PM.

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

Alive since I don't think Oda's is gonna regress back to killing off a shichibukai in this manner but maybe I'm in denial in how he goes about killing characters whose role he might think are done and has no plans of making them return, shichibukai or not.
    Last edited by Zik; July 15th, 2010 at 07:36 PM.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by SGRaaize View Post
    BTW, its obvious that the Gorousei are the responsible for Moria's death
    They could have said otherwise in the paper.
    They could have put in that Doflamingo or another Shichibukai killed him for an unknown reason and said nothing about ordering him to do so. They don't have much of a reason to mention Dofla, though...I think they want to use him up before they get rid of him. Unless, of course, Doflamingo leaves them first.

Swole Chihuahua Rogues' Gallery's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea View Post
    Doflamingo lied to the WG about Moria's death? Seems unlikely. The WG must have seen Moria's sexy corpse to claim in the newspaper that he is dead, especially after all that happened with the Kuma issues. Doflamingo is fucking crazy about the new age, and to him, weaklings don't deserve to live in this age. He needs nothing from weaklings, and he has no mercy, and he isn't the type that would be bribed, and also not the type that would borrow power from the weakling he look down upon. He need nothing from Moria. He is all about era. There is no reason someone like him would trick the WG and help Moria. And there is even less reason someone of his caliber would let a injured weakling like Moria escape, not to mention the dandy Kumabots around him.
    Excellent post. I kinda think that Doflamingo is like the Joker, you never really know what he's thinking/planning.

Quote Originally Posted by toiim View Post
    @MR.333

But based in what we know, which 'side' has more evidence supporting it.
    It's all up to wherever Oda takes it. I'm not defending the fact that he could be alive because he's my favorite character or something, it's just that Doflamingo is a very fickle person. during the war, Doflamingo recommended letting Luffy and Ace go, just because it would be more entertaining and fun if they got away. Sengoku even knows that Doflamingo is not one to really take orders and hardly shows up for meetings. He may have let Moria crwal away like a dog with his tail between his legs for amusement. Also, like someone during the Chapter Discussion said, it's very unlike Oda to kill of a Major Ex-Villain offscreen. That would be more like Kubo. Who really knows.

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/572/10-11/

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/234/06/

What I really am trying to say is that it doesn't really matter wich "side" has more evidence to it, it's all still speculation, and will remain speculation until we learn otherwise from Oda. If you really want to know, write him an SBS about it.
    Last edited by Rogues' Gallery; July 15th, 2010 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobZilla
    By the end of this fight with Diamante, she'll rediscover her resolve when she's faced with a protect them or they die situation.
    Rebecca will get her triumphant moment, don't you worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea View Post
    Doflamingo lied to the WG about Moria's death? Seems unlikely. The WG must have seen Moria's sexy corpse to claim in the newspaper that he is dead, especially after all that happened with the Kuma issues. Doflamingo is crazy about the new age, and to him, weaklings don't deserve to live in this age. He needs nothing from weaklings, and he has no mercy, and he isn't the type that would be bribed, and also not the type that would borrow power from the weakling he look down upon. He need nothing from Moria. There is no reason someone like him would trick the WG and let Moria live. And there is even less reason someone of his caliber would let a injured weakling like Moria escape, not to mention the dandy Kumabots around him.
    Yeah you're right. To let Moria go would be against his ideals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen's Scripts
    Doflamingo: HAH HAH HAH!! IT'S COMING!!
    HURRY!! MAKE YOUR PREPARATIONS!!!
    GET READY FOR A WORLD IN WHICH ONLY THE REAL PIRATES WILL SURVIVE!!!
    WEAK AND HELPLESS, RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!
    THE UNCONTROLLABLE WAVES WILL BRING
    A "NEW ERA" OF GREAT MEN AND HEROES!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
    http://www.mangascreener.com/stephen...chapter303.txt

Closed Thread

Thread Information