+ Reply to Thread
Page 321 of 322 FirstFirst ... 221 271 311 319 320 321 322 LastLast
Results 6,401 to 6,420 of 6437

Thread: DC Movies Thread - Shazam saves the day

Default Re: DC Movies Thread - Shazam saves the day

Lesser names gets you Jonah Hex and Constantine which in turn leads to them going back to Superman and Batman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

can i ask ? for batman and superman who is the best havw power strong, i think batman or sac duoc
    Last edited by trimunkhanhha; April 23rd, 2020 at 05:08 AM.

There are characters who are more recognizable than Hex and Constantine, but still lesser known than Bruce, Smallville and Barry. Lesser names can get you bad quality, but it doesn't guarantee a bad product. All characters aren't attached to a quality of writing. They have a story and how it's adapted is where things are judged upon. With that being a fact, lesser names than the usual 4 DC characters, isn't going to equate to a doomed film, game or show. It all depends on who is writing and directing this. They are responsible for making sure there is consistency in the story and performances respectively.

True as evidenced by Shazam.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

Just got back from watching Harley. I feel like I should've watched the episode from yesterday before watching the movie, but doubt it matters.

Spoiler:
    It was mostly what I thought, but a little better. Overall, i'd give it a 8/10. I went into it thinking Harley would be the glue, but it was really Cassandra and Roman. I only know of Ewan from Star Wars, but this was a great performance. Him and the dude playing Zsasz had great chemistry. I remember feeling like the movie was just starting, but then realizing it was almost over when Zsasz and Canary came to get Cassandra. I was like wow, that was quick. Most of the movie was just getting Cassandra out of the police department and saving her from Roman's goons at the meet up. I thought there would be more to them coming together based on the trailer. I liked that it wasn't "tag along because Harley is infectious". That was my biggest fear and crisis avoided.

Favorite character - Dinah - She isn't uppity or priggish. Just the perfect amount of decency when it's warranted.

Antagonist - 2/5 - He didn't make me feel like he was stable enough to deal with the group. They just got together and handled his goons easily. Zsasz was more on top of things. Great performance, but he could've been written to bring about more urgency.

Favorite scene - Doc telling Harley it's just business and she realizes that she should really just look out for herself.

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

ejem, so. seems to me, Birds of Prey its in red numbers.

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    ejem, so. seems to me, Birds of Prey its in red numbers.
    I know, that sucks so hard. I want the female-led movies to make enough $$ that they'll keep doing them and not make the producers get cold feet about it because of the bottom line. I heard it's because overseas markets are being impacted by Coronavirus and it started right when the movie was released, but even so, that's still a really low number to rake in at the box office. While I'd have preferred they save Cassandra Cain as portrayed in the comics for a later time, I thought the actress did fine and the version of her they decided to go with was perfectly placed in the story, I just wish it hadn't been someone who had the kind of backstory that character did being toned down so much and spoiling it from being used in its fullest later on.

Wonder Woman 1984 pushed to August 14th

I really want most of these studios to try out the digital release, but too much money has been invested in the theatrical release. No turning back really

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post

I really want most of these studios to try out the digital release, but too much money has been invested in the theatrical release. No turning back really
    Holy crap, this was supposed to be THE year for female-led superhero movies and what happens? BOP underperforms, BW and WW84 get postponed with further delays depending on how things shake out...I wonder when youtube will start having people saying this is a sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post

*sssiiiiggghhhhh* Figures.

The "Snyder Cut" is actually happening...

For anyone who actually wanted this but wasn't a shithead about it, congratulations. Seriously, I'm very happy for you.

I'm just worried about what this is going to mean for the legions of people who harassed, attacked, and were just general shitheads about this.

I foresee three outcomes, all bad:

Scenario A: They actually don't like this version in which case they make a conspiracy theory about how this is still a compromised version somehow and demand the REAL Snyder Cut

Scenario B: They proclaim this the best thing ever made and use it to insist that DC was wrong to start diversifying the tone and direction of their movie lineup. a new "#RestoreTheSnyderTone" movement rises up from them to start demanding WB shift direction of all DC movies back into Dour Snyder territory

Scenario C: They shift to demanding the "AyerCut" of Suicide Squad.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 • Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

Must resist urge to shit on Zack Snyder

It's going to be such a massive train wreck but I still want to see it. The project was his baby to begin with so we might as well see it in his ultimate form because we all move on with life again.

Jesus Christ, a four hour film. How the fuck do they actually plan on making that work? It's impossible. There's no Lord of the Rings-esque battles to be had and I can't imagine the fuckin' character dialogue being good enough to sustain entire scenes of camaraderie.
    Julie|She/Her|Bi|

If I understand correctly, it's going to be reworked into a 6 Episode miniseries with each episode being ~40 minutes.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 • Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

I'm not as hardcore of a fan to care, but whenever I hear of this, it's 2 cults going at each other by name calling and/or using death threats. Now I see someone in here referring to others as "shitheads" and I anticipate the other cult to drop in to start another petty and meaningless back and forth.

God, this is so dumb. Everything in this timeline is so dumb.

From Elvis in Memphis Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

We have such sights to show you.

Can't we all just watch Animated DC and call a peace treaty?

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    If I understand correctly, it's going to be reworked into a 6 Episode miniseries with each episode being ~40 minutes.
    The hell? didn't know HBO wanted to be ABC.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Can't we all just watch Animated DC and call a peace treaty?
    Why not we need to revisit the infamy of Superman getting his ass handed to him after his world of cardboard speech or the more divisive episodes of Batman TAS.

While I absolutely hated the people pushing the Synder cut, I am interested in seeing it.

Mostly because it's not "the Synder cut".

This is "Synder's Justice League 4 years after being able to reflect on the failure of the original release".

Of course there is absolutely elements in this upcoming version that were going to be meant for the original release. However if anyone believes this version will be 100% what Snyder intended to release in 2017, that's horseshit. This is going to be a version with the parts Zack wanted in the first part, mixed with decisions I'm certain he's making after the reception to parts of his original film that WERE in the film release.

For better or worse, I am interested in seeing this. We may get more of "fuck your dream world, Bruce Wayne KILLS" type Batman, we may get more "emo jesus Superman". On the flipside, we may actually get improvements on those in editing after years since filming that. This isn't a "directors cut" of the original film, this is a new version from the takes that were shot with a new budget for editing and effects.

As someone on Twitter pointed out as well, i don't think we give enough shit to Chris Terrio. He wrote Batman V Superman, Justice Leage, and Rise of Skywalker. And while I may not agree with Zack "Batman needs to kill" Synder, or David "He can't be fucking called the Martian Manhunter because that's goofy" Goyer, why the fuck are these people working with Terrio? Seems like he is much more to blame for these dumpster fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information