+ Reply to Thread
Page 317 of 321 FirstFirst ... 217 267 307 315 316 317 318 319 ... LastLast
Results 6,321 to 6,340 of 6405

Thread: DC Movies Thread - Shazam saves the day

Default Re: DC Movies Thread - Shazam saves the day

So an interesting development of Ezra Miller's Flash film and the DCEU occurred last night in another DC property. Spoiler tagging it just in case

Spoiler:
    Ezra Miller's Flash crossed over with the Arrowverse Flash on the 4th part of "Crisis on Infinite Earths". And unlike the other cameos in the special, his seems it will be directly effecting the character in his film and the franchise going forward.

In addition, it's reported that the DC Film part of WB is who requested Ezra crossover, not the CW approaching them. It seems that this scene may possibly be included in the Flash film. And credence to this is that the scene is shot and shown in a cinematic widescreen ratio.

Worth noting they kept it apparently a big enough secret that Grant himself was the only cast member to know it was happening, as he was the only one to film with Ezra.

For those that want to know, this is what happens

Spoiler:
    While having to navigate through the speedforce to save some of the other heroes, Grant Gustin's Barry appears in his STAR Labs, with Ezra appearing in his Flash costume. Ezra thinks the other him is a cosplayer at first, before he reveals he is also Barry Allen. They compliment each other's costumes before Barry mentions that they're both "The Flash".

The important part here is that Ezra says "The what?"
    In the films, he still actually hasn't given himself a superhero name. This is the origin of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

CW dc shows are all trash.
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

^ Who pissed on your childhood?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    ^ Who pissed on your childhood?
    What did you consume your whole life that made you think their mediocore output is anything but mediocore at best?
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Quote Originally Posted by MajinArekkusu View Post
    What did you consume your whole life that made you think their mediocore output is anything but mediocore at best?
    Given how people fawn over the series mostly it’s kinda weird to see someone running them all down.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Given how people fawn over the series mostly it’s kinda weird to see someone running them all down.
    Same thing happens with most mcu movies that aren't anything special.

I mean, I liked Smallville when I was a kiddo. But yeah, I have to agree with Martin Scorsese here. This isn't cinema
    And tbh, I don't get why Scorsese didn't shit on the whole superhero genre when he was at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    I mean, I liked Smallville when I was a kiddo. But yeah, I have to agree with Martin Scorsese here. This isn't cinema
    And tbh, I don't get why Scorsese didn't shit on the whole superhero genre when he was at it.
    Going to assume it's because he's not familiar with the genre in addition to the fact that Marvel is the only studio in the modern era capable of making billions of dollars off the superhero movies since DC has shown they're largely incapable of doing that.

Don't know why it'd matter anyway since he'd still just come off as an old man yelling at a cloud.

Who directed movies far far superior to anything Marvel has ever put out lol.

Gotta love the backlash from people who think that their preference for popcorn entertainment is now suddenly movies that people will look back on years from now and praise the film-making and the depth of Iron Man fighting Thanos who wanted to erase half of the universe because something something balance something something.

As oppose to say people talking about Taxi Driver and the thematic depth of it.

But who cares, I'm sure it's *just* an old man yelling. Not like he has more experience in the field or anything.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by MajinArekkusu View Post
    CW dc shows are all trash.
    Not to mention overly dramatic and extremely cringe that comes from those shows.

I just went back to watching Arrow's first season after watching Daredevil's S3 felt like going from Vagabond to Fairytail. Cringe and overly-dramatic/whiny characters.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfDarkness View Post
    Who directed movies far far superior to anything Marvel has ever put out lol.
    I like the Departed but it wasn't that "good" and definitely not the movie for which he should've won his FIRST and (unless it changes in a few weeks) only Academy Award for.

As oppose to say people talking about Taxi Driver and the thematic depth of it.
    Travis Bickle, his look towards the end of the movie, and that damn quote are the only things anyone remembers about Taxi Driver. Nothing else not even Scorsese's weird, creepy, and superfluous cameo.

But who cares, I'm sure it's *just* an old man yelling. Not like he has more experience in the field or anything
    No one's taking any of that from him but like what did his rant accomplish?

He said what he said, people gave him shit for it, and the world went about it's business. Just like what happened after Bill Maher's weird rather poorly timed and bizarre rant about comic books. I mean he made some points but still kinda came off looking a bit snobby.
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; January 18th, 2020 at 04:15 PM.

He shared his opinion. People got pissed and overreacted. That's the short-version of it.

As for his movies; they aren't corporate or factory manufactured. Enough stuff.

And no, it didn't change anything. If anything, it basically exposed just how insecure Marvel fans were. Except none of them nor the Marvel Directors have any real experience compare someone like Martin whose career spans close to 50 years.

People should really question *who* they are talking about. Martin has had more impact in the film industry than the fans and the people of Marvel combined. Marvel has *only* created properties that make money. They haven't had any real impact unless you count encouraging corporate to start their own billion-dollar franchise.

So please look at his credentials and experience and his work and then look at what he said and consider if you *even* understand his point. And yes, he maybe stating his opinion but his opinion comes from his experience and being part of the directors that changed the industry.

It's only in modern times where an industry veteran who has more of a clue, who has worked on more movies than most directors and seen the medium change across decades would be disrespected by people who like their popcorn flicks a little too much.

He shared his opinion. People got pissed and overreacted. That's the short-version of it.

As for his movies; they aren't corporate or factory manufactured. Enough stuff.

And no, it didn't change anything. If anything, it basically exposed just how insecure Marvel fans were. Except none of them nor the Marvel Directors have any real experience compare someone like Martin whose career spans close to 50 years.

People should really question *who* they are talking about. Martin has had more impact in the film industry than the fans and the people of Marvel combined. Marvel has *only* created properties that make money. They haven't had any real impact unless you count encouraging corporate to start their own billion-dollar franchise.

So please look at his credentials and experience and his work and then look at what he said and consider if you *even* understand his point. And yes, he maybe stating his opinion but his opinion comes from his experience and being part of the directors that changed the industry.

It's only in modern times where an industry veteran who has more of a clue, who has worked on more movies than most directors and seen the medium change across decades would be disrespected by people who like their popcorn flicks a little too much.
    Much rather watch a boring popcorn flick than the contrived and boring shit he's been producing since his black and whites.

And no, it didn't change anything. If anything, it basically exposed just how insecure Marvel fans were.
    Maybe but Scorsese doesn't come off looking any less insecure either.

Except none of them nor the Marvel Directors have any real experience compare someone like Martin whose career spans close to 50 years.
    Okay having more experience in directing movies doesn't mean all your movies are top notch stuff.

Steven Spielberg has made a lot of relevant and important films and yet he's the same guy that made "Munich" and "War Of The Worlds".

People should really question *who* they are talking about. Martin has had more impact in the film industry than the fans and the people of Marvel combined. Marvel has *only* created properties that make money.
    I mean if you spend money to make movies one would think that's the endgame of any big budgeted movie. Being that not doing so means the movie is a flop and too many of those or even just one can kill careers.

They haven't had any real impact
    I wouldn't call furthering the careers of actors, directors, and making characters who were otherwise not relevant not making any real impact but okay.

unless you count encouraging corporate to start their own billion-dollar franchise.

Which is of course "risk-taking" which everybody complains about hollywood never doing and as we've seen with both the DC Cinematic and Universal Monster Universe something that's easily fucked up.

So please look at his credentials and experience and his work and then look at what he said and consider if you *even* understand his point
    I did (I believe I mentioned liking the Departed and Taxi Driver), I also mentioned that I see his point. But here's the problem with his point no one couldn't care less about whether the superhero movies are "cinema" or not, that's not what they go to see these movies for. They just want a simple and fun experience that may sound boring and safe but sometimes that's better than something that's overly complex and a overly ambitious.

He's being disrespected by people who go to see a specific type of movies over comments which have been taken as disrespect towards the actors and directors who make those movies.
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; January 18th, 2020 at 06:44 PM.

Imagine watching Matt Murdoch be passive aggressive with his friends for the 99999th time, then go to the CW and think it's any different. I've watched every Marvel/Netflix show and every CW/DC show (outside of Supergil) and it's the same histrionic narrative with a pragmatic lead that has to learn that leaning on friends is ok.

I love watching humans be hypocritical. It's in our DNA. Especially when criticizing FT's power of friendship, then enjoying Luffy power his way through antagonist for his crew. It's also hilarious to watch the contrasting of Vagabond with anything. It's boneless Bleach. "I won't do it unless I have the resolve and realize the honor in it". Swinging swords while i'm barely invested in the characters. It takes itself too seriously. Why do the fight reactions almost annoy me as much as Kaine's reactions in Kingdom?

Quote Originally Posted by thegab View Post
    Much rather watch a boring popcorn flick than the contrived and boring shit he's been producing since his black and whites.
    Sure, you can.

It doesn't mean that pop-corn flick isn't....well just a popcorn flick.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    Vagabond with anything. It's boneless Bleach.
    Feel free to elaborate on that.

I would LOVE to see how you can call Vagabond "boneless Bleach" and justify it.

Though given your point above, I question whether you are, indeed, aware of something called execution a.k.a two different writers using the same idea and approaching them in completely different ways like say the huge difference between the characterization of Matt/Daredevil and Oliver/Green Arrow.

As for One Piece and FairyTail comparison, lol is all I can say. It's just a rule of mine that anytime I see someone compare Fairytail to One Piece, I automatically disregard it and pretend that its a joke. I refuse to believe that there is someone with a fully developed brain claim that One Piece and FT are on the same level in terms of....well anything.

Oh yay we have people saying my opinion on movies is better than your opinion and what I like is actually better than what you like cause if you like those movies over these movies your clearly uneducated and your opinion is less valid than mine is

I'd rather discuss something else about dc realted movies than getting in this pissing contest

so do you guys think we'll ever get to see a good movie with Darkseid in it? I mean I love Thanos as a character in the comics and they did him really well in Marvel but I'm a much bigger fan of Darkseid so I'd love to see them do him justice (also I should point how big a thing it is for me to like a DC character over there marvel counterpart since I'm mostly a marvel fan boy)

EDIT: Also (and I know I said I wouldn't get into this) but enjoying something more doesn't necessarily mean it's better, and disliking something doesn't always mean it's bad, I enjoy Infinty war over things like saving private ryan and Shawshank Redemption but don't necessarily think it's better cinema, also I hate listening to Frank Sinatara but I know he's not a bad singer at all, it's just not my thing

that's all I wanted to say

Dat reading comprehension though.

Nobody was asking for superhero movies to be artistic or deep. They're movies based on comic books, the only requirement is that they be FUN. I will watch Scorcese for the writing or the cinematography or what have you, but all I need to do in a superhero movie is cheer for the hero.

That said, I didn't know Colin Farrell was playing the Penguin in The Batman:
    https://movieweb.com/the-batman-set-...0yQl1zNXNjRUVk

I love Colin Farrell, seeing him re-do a role made iconic by Danny DeVito should be interesting.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information