+ Reply to Thread
Page 314 of 316 FirstFirst ... 214 264 304 312 313 314 315 316 LastLast
Results 6,261 to 6,280 of 6307

Thread: DC Movies Thread - Shazam saves the day

Discovered Stowaway

Default Re: DC Movies Thread - Shazam saves the day

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    I like the trailer. If anything the presence of Ways is probably the part that makes me most anxious because I suspect it would be more cohesive without them.

Interesting. I've known people to like the idea that Joker is obsessed with Batman and is born from him. But I think it's a first to hear that they should be of similar age. Since they don't physically fight(Joker doesn't have formal training or superpower) why is it an important element to you and why does it make him a threat to be younger?
    Well not every version of the Joker abstains from fisticuffs with Batman (the one from the mediocre The Batman cartoon was positively spry! But then so was the tubby little Penguin, so that might just have been that showrunner's preference for how to depict the villains). But my main exposure was Batman: The Animated Series and Bruce Wayne struck me as being in his mid to late thirties or early forties, as did the Joker. Having an obvious age gap there, one that was really visible and tangible, would have probably given me an alternate take on it but that version of the two of them is the quintessential one for me. They're the ideal. Having the Joker incapable of being as flexible as he ought to be when he's cornered and has to start throwing punches makes him less appealing as a villain. He should be THE scariest S.O.B. to have to fight against in a hand-to-hand scuffle, being so psychotic and unpredictable. I get that he's got his henchmen and whatnot to throw at Batman to keep him at bay but he shouldn't be relying on that because he literally physically HAS to. He doesn't get to be Batman's greatest villain if he never gets face to face with him. Does that make sense? Also then you get the sense that "I'm going to be around as long as you are, Bats." Powerful dramatic tool there that only works if they have the same life expectancy.

I mean that's why we have Joker knifing Bruce in Return Of The Joker and practically having him at his mercy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Clearly this script is the best way for Warners to go with the DCEU.

https://twitter.com/ShultsArt/status...81874850783233
    Complicating things since 2009.

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    I mean that's why we have Joker knifing Bruce in Return Of The Joker and practically having him at his mercy.
    Because of the age mismatch, which I still maintain is bad. Having them be the same age radically changes the dynamic of their relationship, for the better.

My ideal group for a live action universe. If only Warner Bros could get their house in order. I know 8 is a lot. Apropos, DC has announced that 4 of these characters are in development for films in the last 4 years. When they'll follow through is the question

Discovered Stowaway

Apart from the Billy Batson side of Shazam, I don't think they're skewing quite as young as a lot of your list would be (at least the versions I'm familiar with). Also I'm not familiar with the person in the hat. And no Flash or other speedster? For shame!

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    Apart from the Billy Batson side of Shazam, I don't think they're skewing quite as young as a lot of your list would be (at least the versions I'm familiar with). Also I'm not familiar with the person in the hat. And no Flash or other speedster? For shame!
    She is The Question. Specifically the Renee Montoya iteration. A male Question is a prominent character in Justice League Unlimited and the main inspiration for Rorschach in Watchmen.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

Yup, DC is mostly 30+ characters. So, I get what you're saying. Jaime and Static are definitely too young. Interestingly enough, they are 2 of the 4 that have been reported as in development for films. The other 2 are Zatanna (solo) and Etrigan (group for JL Dark). Renee is already confirmed for Birds of Prey (February). Doubt she goes the Question route tho

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    Yup, DC is mostly 30+ characters. So, I get what you're saying. Jaime and Static are definitely too young. Interestingly enough, they are 2 of the 4 that have been reported as in development for films. The other 2 are Zatanna (solo) and Etrigan (group for JL Dark). Renee is already confirmed for Birds of Prey (February). Doubt she goes the Question route tho
    But they got Rosie Perez to play her. I mean, I know she played a dirty cop in Pineapple Express but still. Hard to really take her seriously.

But they got Rosie Perez to play her. I mean, I know she played a dirty cop in Pineapple Express but still. Hard to really take her seriously.
    Rosie in Do The Right Thing and Fearless showed me her range a long time ago. The only thing I question is the writing and visuals from Birds of Prey. I don't love the recent teasers

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    Rosie in Do The Right Thing and Fearless showed me her range a long time ago. The only thing I question is the writing and visuals from Birds of Prey. I don't love the recent teasers
    Disagree about her in DTRT but I haven't seen Fearless. A Night on Earth didn't make her look very good either (at least I think that was her).

And yeah, the teasers are inadequate to get me jazzed about BoP. Most teasers we see nowadays aren't just a jumble of rapid jump-cuts like the one I saw in front of It: Chapter 2.

Whereas with the Joker you're watching a more or less regular guy descent into evil, and that's certainly the impression the trailers gave, I'm not quite sure what this is. What's the plot? Is this a movie about a bad person continuing to be bad, or is there a redemption story here? Not that familiar with the character. Remember little of Suicide Squad. Looks like she kills people here.

I think people unfamiliar with Harley Quinn won't really know what to think of this. A series of crazy imagery isn't enough.

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

I hope them focusing so hard only on Margot is marketing strategy cause the other characters are not known to the general public, and they will actually play a big role instead of being second fiddles to Margot Robbies Vanity Project.
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

Discovered Stowaway

I wonder if they're going to make the journey entirely meaningless by having her fall back into the Joker's hands yet again.

Hoping they'll find a way to dazzle since only one of the group has an actual power and we've kinda already seen that a lot in the CW shows and several times in other movies like Push.

Well, we already know she's in the James Gunn Suicide Squad sequel/reboot, and nobody liked the Jared Leto version of Joker she was paired with, so I imagine she'll stay separate.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Well, we already know she's in the James Gunn Suicide Squad sequel/reboot, and nobody liked the Jared Leto version of Joker she was paired with, so I imagine she'll stay separate.
    So they're plowing ahead with the same continuity still? It makes it confusing why they're not just calling it Suicide Squad II rather than The Suicide Squad. According to the Predator franchise there should be at least two other movies in between a title change of that magnitude.

Saw Joker today, really well acted but just so god damn depressing I need to go watch something a little more uplifting now

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    Saw Joker today, really well acted but just so god damn depressing I need to go watch something a little more uplifting now
    I thought as much from when I saw the first trailer, when he got his sign stolen and then beaten with it. And we all know there's obviously no happy ending because how could there be?

I thought as much from when I saw the first trailer, when he got his sign stolen and then beaten with it. And we all know there's obviously no happy ending because how could there be?
    Yeah I knew going in it would be depressing but I just didn't know how much, now I need to watch a fun movie like the first Avengers or something

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information