+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 322 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Movies Thread - Shazam saves the day

King of One Piece Parody Sonic Youth's Avatar

Default Re: Superman: The Man of Steel

Wait, did Supermans underwear fall off when he entered Mach-speed?
    Who exactly is Mumbo?
    It's OFFICIAL, UsoppXNami 4ever.

I'm idk if i should be excited or not yet. From the teasers it looks like it's going to be batman begins-ish. I wish they would just skip the origins story, or if they really must have it give it as an opening credits sequence. If they could wrap it up in 10 minutes or less i'd be satisfied. It also feels like they're making him more dark. I don't like the feel of that. I've always seen superman as a cheerful country boy who has decided to use his powers for good, simply because it's the right thing to do. But i'll wait for more info to come out before i decide if i'll watch this midnight, opening wekkend, if i have time, or just wait to see if my friends ever buy/rent it. But maybe i'm just paranoid because of the disappointment superman returns was.

On a related note, My friend told me that they are rebooting batman again to fit in with this superman movie and the green lantern movie to try and set it up for a justice league movie, after the success that the avengers had. Anyone have any info on this?

3DS FC: 0533-4788-6617 Ghost: Shuppet Pumkaboo Spiritomb

Looks like the origin story will tie into the whole movie.
    And tie into Zod.

Which is fine with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
    I'm idk if i should be excited or not yet. From the teasers it looks like it's going to be batman begins-ish. I wish they would just skip the origins story, or if they really must have it give it as an opening credits sequence. If they could wrap it up in 10 minutes or less i'd be satisfied. It also feels like they're making him more dark. I don't like the feel of that. I've always seen superman as a cheerful country boy who has decided to use his powers for good, simply because it's the right thing to do. But i'll wait for more info to come out before i decide if i'll watch this midnight, opening wekkend, if i have time, or just wait to see if my friends ever buy/rent it. But maybe i'm just paranoid because of the disappointment superman returns was.

On a related note, My friend told me that they are rebooting batman again to fit in with this superman movie and the green lantern movie to try and set it up for a justice league movie, after the success that the avengers had. Anyone have any info on this?
    No doubt they'll reboot Batman. He's a money-maker, but they'd have to wait a while. I hope they wait a while.
    I say, churn out some Superman sequels, get all of the other JL characters on-screen, then reboot Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper King View Post
    get all of the other JL characters on-screen
    Just out of curiosity, what characters out of the mythos could they get that would look good in films? I know I've heard Flash, but I don't know if they'd use the same costume(though Captain America's been doing alright in that category)

Flash looks fine in live action.

Flash, Wonder Woman and Aqua Man can all use movies. And yes, Aquaman can be cool, just don't go in with the superfriends conceit of "he talks to fish and sucks" and go in instead with "he's freaking King Arthur with telekineses and he rules 2/3 of the world."

Green Lantern they already screwed up... but can still be fixed with the origin out of the way.

(Just, get the writers of the cartoons involved. I realize directing and budgeting live action is different than animation but... Bruce Timm and Paul Dini and Alan Burnett know what they're doing.
    Last edited by Robby; July 23rd, 2012 at 08:39 AM.

From Elvis in Memphis Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

If only a Captain Marvel movie was possible.

The Devil's best friend.

Holy shit that teaser looks really underwhelming, I mean wow....

It doesn't help when you have dialogue so stiff as the one presumably Jonathan Kent is saying in that teaser.

Though I liked Jor-El's dialouge veyr much.
    Well at least the comic con teaser raised my hopes.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    Green Lantern they already screwed up... but can still be fixed with the origin out of the way.
    I always figured if they wanted to try a JL movie, he'd probably just end up like the Hulk. The problem with the Green Lantern is that...you can't really use him without also doing a lot of CGI due to the nature of his ring. That makes him a high risk movie.

If only a Captain Marvel movie was possible.
    They could always market it as a more family movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Youth View Post

You're not the only one who noticed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Youth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    http://i45.tinypic.com/30m6eli.gif

You're not the only one who noticed that.
    Still somewhat hard to see, but that's interesting. Either that or he hit a bird and killed it.

LOL just noticed that now after you mentioned it. hahaha hilarious

Maybe it's... debris?? No...
    That's really weird...

Very sloppy trailer in that regard. But the first trailers for most movies tend to look like shit anyway. That or they're boring. Even TDKR didn't get an interesting trailer until the 3rd or 4th one. The trailers give us some initial impressions but you would all keep in mind that a trailer doesn't make a movie. Lackluster trailers can lead to pretty spectacular movies. Of course the reverse is also true, where a trailer can be balls to the wall and the movie could just be a kick in the nuts. Look at Spirits of Vengeance.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    Flash, Wonder Woman and Aqua Man can all use movies.
    The problem with Wonder Woman, from what I can tell, is that her rogues gallery isn't that strong, nowhere near Batman's, or even Superman's. The best route they can hope for is to bring in all the Greek Gods who have ties to her. Y'know, like Justice League Unlimited did.

Quote Originally Posted by Waffles View Post
    Here's the comic-con trailer. It's much better.
    http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=64359
    That trailer has been removed. *weeps*

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    The problem with Wonder Woman, from what I can tell, is that her rogues gallery isn't that strong, nowhere near Batman's, or even Superman's. The best route they can hope for is to bring in all the Greek Gods who have ties to her. Y'know, like Justice League Unlimited did.
    I don't know, I think the time is right for Angle Man to hit the big screen!

...yeah, maybe not.

Probably her best known villain is Cheetah (and there have been four of them! All kinda lame) but yeah, she really doesn't have anything else iconic. (Well, she has like 70 different female villains, but... none of them memorable.) But hey, Iron Man's gallery is pretty weak too. Still managing three movies with him. And like you said... thats what the gods are for!

Thor got to use Loki, after all!

Whimmy Wham Wham Wozzle! bountyhunter's Avatar

I totally remember Wonder Woman fighting, like a guy made of fireworks or something.

I'm not too versed in Wonder Woman mythos.

I did like JMS' Wonder Woman story...Maybe they could do something like that? Not with the classic WW appearing or anything like that...
    But I like what he did with Cheetah.

Did anybody else listen to The Lord of the Rings soundtracks after seeing the trailer?
    Reading : Homunculus, Blade of the Immortal
    Watching : Serial Experiments Lain, Texhnolyze

Seeing how we are going off topic a bit.....How is the Flash Rogues gallery? The only one I know is Gurrila Graun(sorry if it's spelled wrong) and Captain Cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Did anybody else listen to The Lord of the Rings soundtracks after seeing the trailer?
    I actually immediately went and listened to this:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information