+ Reply to Thread
Page 153 of 813 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 151 152 153 154 155 163 203 253 653 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,060 of 16258

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

Both Hunter X Hunter and One Piece are great.

I would have a much easier time comparing them if One Piece didn't have twice as many chapters. The fact that the story is that much more advanced is probably why I like One Piece a good deal more. If Hunter X Hunter was as far along as One Piece was? Who knows, it might be different for me.

Quote Originally Posted by akagami7 View Post
    Hunter x hunter and one piece are my two favourites shonen since ever
    Favorite shounen ever?

Well, other than One Piece, sorry but for me, GTO takes the cake.
    No, not shounan 14 days, the original GTO. And no, not Shounan Junai Gumi either. GTO.
    And what else... oh yeah, Spriggan. Loved it.

There, three of my favorite shounen manga, one each from each major shounen weekly mags.
    Jump: OP
    Magazine: GTO
    Sunday: Spriggan

Although honestly, for Sunday, it's a tough toss-up between Spriggan and Mobile Police Patlabor.

.........what? What about Champion you say?
    Uhh..... *goes to think* Nope, none. Not one. At least not one in my life time.
    Before my time there were greats like Black Jack.
    Baki can go suck a cow. End that shit already.

In general, WSJ has the best line-up. Ever since I can remember, Jump's always had the best.
    Although after Dragon Ball ended, and GTO started in WSM, and Magazine started slaughtering WSJ.
    There actually was a time when WSM took the throne and became the most popular shounen magazine on the market for a few years.

Then GTO ended in WSM, and One Piece started in WSJ. The rest is... well, you know the rest, history.
    Last edited by Aohige_AP; November 4th, 2011 at 07:23 PM.

I feel that I should re-read Hunter x Hunter. Because I've read it once and I've enjoyed it a lot, but OP is definitely my preferred choice. However. I have found that re-reading Hunter x Hunter can deepen one's appreciation of the series. At first I didn't like the Gon vs Hanzo fight or the Genai Ryodan hostage situation, but upon re-reading found both of them to be much better, and the most logical choices for the writer to make. Also, I re-read a little bit of Killua vs Irumi back in Hunter Exams and realized that Togashi actually set up Killua's character arc in the Ants arc about 200 chapters in advance. Pretty damn awesome.

Btw, and maybe I shouldn't mention it here, for fear of derailing this thread... but do you think Gon is a good protagonist? Personally I'm undecided on him. He was great in the Ants arc, where he was on the verge of breaking down throughout the arc, and slowly but surely... things go wrong. Very, very wrong. (God that shit was depressing.) But besides the Ant arc I don't remember being too fond of him. I thought Luffy was honestly a much better done take on that kind of a protagonist.

But regardless. Perhaps HxH is worthy of a re-read.
    My Hero Academia is my favorite manga series right now. At least so long as the high of its greatness remains. United States of Smash.

That kind of discussion belongs over in the Hunter X Hunter thread, yeah. Let's take it over there so as not to get too off topic in here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    Favorite shounen ever?
    Yes, sorry for my shitty english

Quote Originally Posted by Aohige_AP View Post
    Favorite shounen ever?

Well, other than One Piece, sorry but for me, GTO takes the cake.
    No, not shounan 14 days, the original GTO. And no, not Shounan Junai Gumi either. GTO.
    And what else... oh yeah, Spriggan. Loved it.

There, three of my favorite shounen manga, one each from each major shounen weekly mags.
    Jump: OP
    Magazine: GTO
    Sunday: Spriggan

Although honestly, for Sunday, it's a tough toss-up between Spriggan and Mobile Police Patlabor.

.........what? What about Champion you say?
    Uhh..... *goes to think* Nope, none. Not one. At least not one in my life time.
    Before my time there were greats like Black Jack.
    Baki can go suck a cow. End that shit already.

In general, WSJ has the best line-up. Ever since I can remember, Jump's always had the best.
    Although after Dragon Ball ended, and GTO started in WSM, and Magazine started slaughtering WSJ.
    There actually was a time when WSM took the throne and became the most popular shounen magazine on the market for a few years.

Then GTO ended in WSM, and One Piece started in WSJ. The rest is... well, you know the rest, history.
    What's GTO???? is it really that good?

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicań of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

Quote Originally Posted by choperman View Post
    Great Teacher Onizuka, and yes, it's really that good.
    "Danger is my middle name."

Quote Originally Posted by choperman View Post
    Great Teacher Onizuka, a classic. I remember the scanlations on the web were terrible. Still, one of my all time favourites.
    humhum

GTO is the best, and from what I read of Shounan Junai Gumi that is also very good.

Shounan 14 is meh.

Aggravator via Destiny darktravis's Avatar

In life there are only three things one can be certain of,
    Death, Taxes,
    and absolutely everyone praising the fuck out of GTO.

The scanlations on the web of GTO are still terrible. Only thing that kept me from finishing the series. And looks like the licensed manga has been out of print for a while.

GTO is Shounen? wow, i always thought of it as godly but not as a shounen, nor seinen. I don┤t know, i never really gave it much thought. All i did was enjoy it.
    Last edited by Prismeru; November 5th, 2011 at 11:50 PM.
    Working thru some stuff. Dunno how long i will be here.

Pretty sure I've stumbled upon this GTO thing before, never read it or anything though. If you guys are praising it highly then I'll probably give it a look.
    PSN Username: Scoogs50

It's well worth your time: GTO is incredible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    It's well worth your time: GTO is incredible.
    I've actually just started to read the first chapter on mangareader(should I read it somewhere else?). Quite like it so far.

why don't you just watch the anime, I didn't bother with GTO scans.

Obviously the manga is a lot better, but I get why people wouldn't bother. Worst scans ever.

Discovered Stowaway sniperking323's Avatar

Do the translations have to do with it or do they just look awful?
    Host of Life Lessons: The Gintama Manga Cast!!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Laughing Man View Post
    I'm hoping One Piece has a deus ex machina come its ending. I want to see the Thousand Sunny randomly turn into Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann through the power of courage and nakamaship.

Considering the series started in 1997(?) the scans don't look too bad to me personally, I've definitely seen worse. Whatever, I'll try and find the best site for them somehow, I'm not too bothered in any case.

Quote Originally Posted by sniperking323 View Post
    Do the translations have to do with it or do they just look awful?
    Just at random, it's pages like this: http://www.mangareader.net/114-4194-...hapter-69.html. The colored speech bubbles just make the whole thing look incredibly jumbled and hard to read. I mean, you get what you paid for, but it eventually made reading the series a headache.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information