+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 813 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 513 ... LastLast

Thread: The "Shueisha" Thread

Default Re: Weekly Shonen Jump TOC

Yay for Sket Dance(Sketto?) being almost in the top 5.

Quote Originally Posted by No Maam View Post
    Lol my prediction about Bleach getting another colour page actualy came true ? Lol . One guess what predominent colours that will have .
    Bleached ones?

Is the drop in Gintama rankings affected by the temp end of the anime? I mean the anime version was a key factor to its success right?

Quote Originally Posted by Renegadesoul View Post
    Bleached ones?

Is the drop in Gintama rankings affected by the temp end of the anime? I mean the anime version was a key factor to its success right?
    Gintama's anime's end had nothing to do with the lower ranks. The anime situation was simple: there literally was nothing more that could be done. Sunrise tried their best but they couldn't make any more stories and, unlike Pierrot, rather just end a series instead of keeping it alive with filler after filler.

As for actual ranks...impressive week considering Bleach is out of the top 5 and four unexpecteds (Bakuman, Toriko, Gintama, Sket) make it up. Oh...and the Otter one-shot is this week too, that should be...weird.
    Y'know, Negima WAS awesome...
    For the first 18 volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokoro Ataru View Post
    Gintama's anime's end had nothing to do with the lower ranks. The anime situation was simple: there literally was nothing more that could be done. Sunrise tried their best but they couldn't make any more stories and, unlike Pierrot, rather just end a series instead of keeping it alive with filler after filler.

As for actual ranks...impressive week considering Bleach is out of the top 5 and four unexpecteds (Bakuman, Toriko, Gintama, Sket) make it up. Oh...and the Otter one-shot is this week too, that should be...weird.
    Unexpected? You make it sound like you were under Aizen's spell. JK

Toriko and Bakuman has been really exciting with their really recent chapters. Toriko had the fight scenes with Tommy and the arm recovery after that while Bakuman had their usual well thought out input in their manga. I'm not that surprise its on the top 5. Im not sure about Sket and Gintama though, haven't really read the recent manga chapters for Gintama and haven't read Sket at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegadesoul View Post
    Unexpected? You make it sound like you were under Aizen's spell. JK

Toriko and Bakuman has been really exciting with their really recent chapters. Toriko had the fight scenes with Tommy and the arm recovery after that while Bakuman had their usual well thought out input in their manga. I'm not that surprise its on the top 5. Im not sure about Sket and Gintama though, haven't really read the recent manga chapters for Gintama and haven't read Sket at all.
    Well with as many tards as Bleach has and the fact that some of those haven't really been in the top five as of late, thus it's unexpected...well to me.

http://img708.imageshack.us/i/jump363702.jpg/

Is it just me or does Kawashita's style make most of these girls look so...generic? (thank goodness for Sorachi's girls being so unique considering how easily I found Kagura and Sa-chan...but yeah, Nami and Sakura look...weird and...is that Orihime?)

Striking a Pose. Where the world is real.

http://img708.imageshack.us/i/jump363702.jpg/

Is it just me or does Kawashita's style make most of these girls look so...generic? (thank goodness for Sorachi's girls being so unique considering how easily I found Kagura and Sa-chan...but yeah, Nami and Sakura look...weird and...is that Orihime?)
    Nah, it's not you. Kawashita's style tends to make characters look a bit generic due to how she draws they eyes mainly and the face sometimes.
    >PS: Click picture to begin adventure in a hard-boiled manner.

I can recognize about seven of 'em. I guess that's okay seeing as how I don't read many JUMP series.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

I can recognize 11 girls from the series i read and 1 from a serie i don't read(Gintama).

I don't know where the girl from SWOT is.

EDIT: I also remember the girl from Kochi Kame

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    Nah, it's not you. Kawashita's style tends to make characters look a bit generic due to how she draws they eyes mainly and the face sometimes.
    That's the sad part: there are so many artists even in Jump who draw great girls and can make them unique in their appearance. Yet...we get Kawashita.

Heck, I'd easily take Kubo (yes, you just heard that right) drawing a fanservice poster with all these girls over...well, this. (of course, he'd probably rage in Nami being bigger than Orihime)

That's the sad part: there are so many artists even in Jump who draw great girls and can make them unique in their appearance. Yet...we get Kawashita.
    I guess they wanted to get the one who can draw girls in a very soft and pretty way. Kawashita can really color well. I would be glad to see Yasuhiro Kano draw the main girls of Jump. I like how he draws.
    Heck, I'd easily take Kubo (yes, you just heard that right) drawing a fanservice poster with all these girls over...well, this. (of course, he'd probably rage in Nami being bigger than Orihime)
    I'd actually say Kubo is a decent choice for drawing the main girls, but backgrounds? Hell no.

I'm being told that's Amamiya in the top left corner. Makes sense to have only one heroine from each series, I guess. :)

That said, I think I recognize only 11 from the bunch...

Man, Only 4, Nami, the forehead beast, big brested senzu bean, and the girl from Gintama. But I feel Bakuman vives from the top right one (with the sunglases on the hair) and Belzebub ones from the one with the bandaged boobs. I don't remember their overly japanese names. Kaja and.. Ari?
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    I guess they wanted to get the one who can draw girls in a very soft and pretty way. Kawashita can really color well. I would be glad to see Yasuhiro Kano draw the main girls of Jump. I like how he draws.

I'd actually say Kubo is a decent choice for drawing the main girls, but backgrounds? Hell no.
    he actually does backgrounds when doing color spreads

I can only recognize Nami, Orihime, Sakura, Azuki, Kyoko, Kagura, and Ayame, I think.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Man, Only 4, Nami, the forehead beast, big brested senzu bean, and the girl from Gintama. But I feel Bakuman vives from the top right one (with the sunglases on the hair) and Belzebub ones from the one with the bandaged boobs. I don't remember their overly japanese names. Kaja and.. Ari?
    Ouch... They're Azuki from Bakuman and Kunieda Aoi from Beelzebub.

well i'll look better later, but really the only easy one in there was sakura i thought

had to almost convince myself that it was nami and orihime there, but wow does like all of them look so damn similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekketsu View Post
    Ouch... They're Azuki from Bakuman and Kunieda Aoi from Beelzebub.
    I'm bad with japanese names, and Belzebub I read it in one sit 2 weeks ago.

And Kaja is the true female protagonist from bakuman, Azuki is just the romantic interest.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Not only Nami looks like some generic anime girl, but her tattoo is gone too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammsy View Post
    he actually does backgrounds when doing color spreads
    Yeah I know, but they're not really outstandingly good. Just lacking and stuff. The background of the Kawashita spread there isn't exactly good either. Looks bubbly.

Quote Originally Posted by goty View Post
    Not only Nami looks like some generic anime girl, but her tattoo is gone too.
    I didn't notice that till now actually.
    Isn't that girl below the Psyren girl from Inumaru Dashi or something else? I don't recall seeing a series with her.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information