+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 69 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1361

Thread: Dragon Quest thread : DQXI on PS4, 3DS & Switch

Default Re: Dragon Quest thread : DQXI on PS4, 3DS & NX

didn't make it all the way through this game, and soundtrack was a big part of the reason why. Something about wincing every time I entered the world map.

Other issues, too, but sure didn't help.

Welp guess I won't be getting this then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by tatermoog View Post
    didn't make it all the way through this game, and soundtrack was a big part of the reason why. Something about wincing every time I entered the world map.

Other issues, too, but sure didn't help.
    How far did you get?

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    https://youtu.be/xfdFU3O3nf8

I kind of hope the Switch release removes all the Sugiyama music and replaces it with literally anything else.
    The fact that
    Spoiler:
    the final boss didn't even get his own theme
    is a disgusting violation of series tradition.
    Sugiyama is phoning it in.

How far did you get?
    Roughly halfway through Pt II. Assuming three large parts.

Quote Originally Posted by tatermoog View Post
    Roughly halfway through Pt II. Assuming three large parts.
    I'd recommend finishing part 2. Part 3 is much shorter and it's worth playing through the roughly two hours of story bits to learn more about the world, but as soon as you get the chance to fight the final boss there's a bunch of grinding needed.

I'm kinda at the part 3 point too. Everything requires Grinding and there doesn't seem to be a good way to grind other than metal slimes but I have no idea where the King Slimes are in this one.
    Oh hey, I do videos on figures and manga and stuff: https://www.youtube.com/thatmanhismerch

I'd recommend finishing part 2. Part 3 is much shorter and it's worth playing through the roughly two hours of story bits to learn more about the world, but as soon as you get the chance to fight the final boss there's a bunch of grinding needed.
    I read through some spoilers and saw the major plot point(s). It's just...

Spoiler:
    I really, really hate having to re-build the squad again and unlock all the fast-travel, etc. It's neat as a plot-point, but repeating a bunch of gameplay without, for the most part, interesting new gameplay mechanics just doesn't do it for me. And while the plot/characters are actually pretty decent, they're not enough for me to stay invested through hours more of grinding and similar combat and similar maps. But kudos on some interesting narrative choices.

It's like they learned nothing from Bravely Default and the ginormous mistep that game took.

Spoiler:
    Just because you CAN make the story repeat the content doesn't mean you should.

At least when FF6 did it the world actually changed and broke and it was new story stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    It's like they learned nothing from Bravely Default and the ginormous mistep that game took.

Spoiler:
    Just because you CAN make the story repeat the content doesn't mean you should.

At least when FF6 did it the world actually changed and broke and it was new story stuff.
    I think it worked in this case, but it was definitely a little annoying (and I suspect there's a shitload of missable stuff).

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    why would the dragon quest team learn from a game they had literally nothing to do with

Set Art by Daily Rowlet

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin View Post
    why would the dragon quest team learn from a game they had literally nothing to do with
    SquareEnix is the producer and publisher of both games.
    It was a major release that had two outings that both did the same thing and there was a lot of backlash to it.

ANd even if those two things weren't the case, games don't exist in a void, they get influenced by other games constantly and learn from others successes and mistakes. If it was a Persona game or a Tales game or Dragon Age or Ys or Pokemon it wouldn't matter. A big RPG that released a couple years ago but had one huge major flaw that EVERYONE complained about should have been a lesson learned by everyone.

By the way...
    Spoiler:
    was there ever any way to meet Yggdragon? I saw him mentioned a few times and he's he's in the opening, but not in the actual game that I could find.

By the way...
    Spoiler:
    was there ever any way to meet Yggdragon? I saw him mentioned a few times and he's he's in the opening, but not in the actual game that I could find.
    Beat the final boss in part 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-Robin View Post
    I'm kinda at the part 3 point too. Everything requires Grinding and there doesn't seem to be a good way to grind other than metal slimes but I have no idea where the King Slimes are in this one.
    Metal Kings are in Mordegon's castle. You can also use the Haulelujah/Electro Light trick if you have any pep pips on you (you can get 5 for doing the island crossbow challenge and another 5 for doing a quest in Downtown Heliodor).
    Last edited by Kaiolino; October 19th, 2018 at 02:36 PM.

I do wish the game stopped at the 2nd part.

Spoiler:
    I know it was mostly to save Veronica and the team had to do something with Erwin Lantern because that was a giant, "WE WILL DEAL WITH THIS LATER."

But I couldn't care about Veronica really and it's not like it's bad, it's just I like the ending of part 2 more.

It's sort of like the issue with Okami, but nothing is as bad as Okami.

Favorite party members:

Selvando> Hendrick > Rab > Serena > Jade > Erik > Veronica.

Erik and Veronica were the weak links for me, Jade is OK but I can't help but feel for all the hype I seen about her she just OK.

Discovered Stowaway

Anyone play the Rocket Slime game? I loved that one and wanted another, preferably on the 3DS but it looks like whatever sequel was released was Japan only. I can think of so many ways to expand on the basic formula for it, I hope one gets made. It could really work on any system, not just handhelds, and a touchscreen/dual screen wouldn't be necessary. Eh, it'll probably go the way of my fallen dream for another Pokemon Ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Beat the final boss in part 3.
    Spoiler:
    They spoiled the ending cutscene in the opening cutscene?

Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    Anyone play the Rocket Slime game? I loved that one and wanted another, preferably on the 3DS but it looks like whatever sequel was released was Japan only. I can think of so many ways to expand on the basic formula for it, I hope one gets made. It could really work on any system, not just handhelds, and a touchscreen/dual screen wouldn't be necessary. Eh, it'll probably go the way of my fallen dream for another Pokemon Ranger.
    The 3DS and GBA games were both great!

So the sales for September are out -- and DQ11 got 11th in the U.S. Apparently it's the biggest launch in franchise history in the States, more than doubling 9's launch month.

Just imagine if they'd actually released the 3DS version as well.

Not really anything to fairly compare though. DQ 8 was the last highly advertised console release, and that was the best selling at the time by far... but that was over a decade ago.
    Last edited by Robby; October 26th, 2018 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000sunny View Post
    So the sales for September are out -- and DQ11 got 11th in the U.S. Apparently it's the biggest launch in franchise history in the States, more than doubling 9's launch month.
    Well DQ11 is launching at 60 while 9 at 40.

Though hopefully it's good in their eyes.

SE should try to release closer to launch in Japan, though DQ may not be big enough and Horri keeps makes changes towards the end.

And the localization adds stuff the original doesn't.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information