+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Quest thread : DQXI on PS4, 3DS & Switch

Default Re: Dragon Quest X Headed To Wii!

If this will become as good as th latest DQ for the ps2. Then i may consider buying a wii.
    Hopefully they won't incorporate the wii motion controls, like they did with that other crappy DQ for the wii.

Btw, do you guys know that DQ5 for the ps2 is being translated as we speak?
    It seems that the translators are almost done.

Xbox: Gaiyae
    Psn id:
    Gaiyae
    3ds FC: 3609 - 1026 - 9535

If it's Level 5 is making this one as well, I will sure as hell get a wii. Hopefully a new zelda will be announced as well...

First comes justice! Yusuke Urameshi's Avatar

Im so excited WOO!!!

=]

Chuck Norris VS Everyone from naruto

Wii finally has a new game. About damn time.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Ty View Post
    Wii finally has a new game. About damn time.

Yeh pretty much, Hopefully it will be better then the earlier dragon quest wii release.

How can you say they downgraded it by putting it on the NDS?
    How can you say they didn't?

Depends what you mean by downgrade. Obviously most people will think of horsepower which is indeed true in this case, however the Yuji had other reasons for putting it on the DS besides being the most-used video-game device on the market today.

Depends what you mean by downgrade.
    Lack of in-fucking-credible symphony orchestrated BGM?

Lack of spot-on crystal clear voice acting?

Lack of drop-dead beautiful draw distance on a HUMONGOR world?

Lack of crystal clear meticulously animated battle scenes?

The ability to play while seated back lying back in a couch looking at a tremendous screen?

Enough disk space to house a free-roaming world map the likes of which we simply have not seen?

The ability to listen to effortlessly listen to the experience in Surround?

Shall I go on?

It's not just about 'graphics'. It's the overall experience and improving upon said experience in a 'numbered' title.

We can hemm and haw about what advantages it does/doesn't offer but in the end what it may add to the experience, it takes just as much away by being on an inferior platform to its predecessor.

Smart business to be on a well-distributed platform? Certainly. But it's lame and a betrayl to those who enjoyed 8 and want to see that experience improved upon in every way.

"Like Omigod Greg! Are you saying it will suck and you won't enjoy it?"

No, simply that instead of stepping up to the challenge right away and plunging into an expensive but REWARDING development on the Wii or other consoles, it sucks ASS. That doesn't take anything away from what kind of game it will be. Because as I've said time and again, I think it will rock in its own right, but choices like these in the gaming iindustry are truly disappointing but I guess it's to be expected from Squeenix. After all, they couldn't afford to let any 'talent' slip away from one of their FF7 projects, right?

In short, instead of looking forward to a DQ numbered title on Wii 2 or so years from now, we should be getting it (looks at watch) now.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post

The ability to play while seated back lying back in a couch looking at a tremendous screen?

Enough disk space to house a free-roaming world map the likes of which we simply have not seen?

Shall I go on?

It's not just about 'graphics'. It's the overall experience and improving upon said experience in a 'numbered' title.

We can hemm and haw about what advantages it does/doesn't offer but in the end what it may add to the experience, it takes just as much away by being on an inferior platform to its predecessor.

Smart business to be on a well-distributed platform? Certainly. But it's lame and a betrayl to those who enjoyed 8 and want to see that experience improved upon in every way.

No, simply that instead of stepping up to the challenge right away and plunging into an expensive but REWARDING development on the Wii or other consoles, it sucks ASS. That doesn't take anything away from what kind of game it will be. Because as I've said time and again, I think it will rock in its own right, but choices like these in the gaming iindustry are truly disappointing but I guess it's to be expected from Squeenix. After all, they couldn't afford to let any 'talent' slip away from one of their FF7 projects, right?

In short, instead of looking forward to a DQ numbered title on Wii 2 or so years from now, we should be getting it (looks at watch) now.

Wow I actullay enjoyed a rant, bravo sir.

It's not just about 'graphics'. It's the overall experience and improving upon .
    I never said it was just about graphics, I was referring to horsepower, and pretty much everything that you mentioned that will be missing is a result of horsepower.

Personally I'd also rather it be on a more technologically superior platform, but when I first heard t was gonna be on the DS I thought it was a bold and interesting move. The scope may not be as large as on a home console but on the other hand portable Wi-Fi co-op may be a big plus I can't get on Wii Wi-Fi.

FUCK! Just when I was settling with the urge of not getting a Wii. Oh, god dammit...

I never said it was just about graphics, I was referring to horsepower, and pretty much everything that you mentioned that will be missing is a result of horsepower.
    'Horsepower' is nothing but a catch-all for graphics and system capabilities. Does 'horspower' have anything to do with the music quality? No, it's a space limitation. I think the places that might make for an appearance with respect to draw distance where that really IS a limitation of the systems so-called 'horsepower'. The rest have to do with choices resulting on the system it is on not just through physical system limitations but format limitations, logistic limitations and ease of use (or lack thereof).

It doesn't mean it isn't a poor choice.

THIS piece of news though, is an AWESOME choice.

I always thought of power and technical/space as pretty much the same thing.

Honestly, the more I read about DQ IX, the more it makes sense that it's on the DS. It's about character creation, setting out from Ruida's, and party-building. It's like a new-generation version of Dragon Quest III. Honestly, to me that's not terribly appealing since my favorite DQ games are the character-driven epics (V, VIII), but it's sensible to put it on the DS platform. Build characters, do quests on the subway with other people with DSes, etc. etc. It's almost like a pocket DQ MMO, if they run it how I think they will.

...But like I said, that doesn't appeal to me as much as some other DQ setups. Hopefully DQ X is more in the vein of my favorite DQ games.

new-generation version
    These three words together in a sentence in the above order scare the shit out of me.

Given that they made an announcement about 10 before even putting 9 out, I'm hoping there's going to be some kind of connectivity thing between the two in order to justify the whole DS thing.

I hope. Reeeeally hope.

And for another random wish, here's hoping that the charadesigns are as nice as the ones for Swords were. Say what you will about the game itself, that was some of the nicest work I've ever seen from Toriyama since... ever.
    この世に悪があるとすればそれは人の心だ。

How can you say they didn't?
    I DID, re-read my post again; if ANYTHING they prob. put it on the NDS to try and take the NDS' capabilities to its limits.
    ...then again it could be because the NDS was the most selling console at the time, but even if not, the first option still stands.
    ...but-

Umm didn't they orchestrate the OST of the English ver. of DQ8 ONLY, while the original Japanese ver. got normal music? Plus DOES A DRAGON QUEST GAME HAVE TO HAVE SYMPHONIC ORCHESTRATED BGMs TO BE A GREAT GAME?

Uh what? FF4's english dub was pretty good and the quality was good as well, besides the only DQ where we had voice acting was DQ8 IIRC, and even the JP ver. didn't have voice acting.
    Again does a great DQ game NEED voice acting?

Mind elaborating on this please?

Didn't FF4 have these? Also the battle system seen in the NDS ver. is the same as the ones in DQ8, which I don't see a problem with.

Fuck your HD 2048P screens, goddamn whippersnappers. That's not a very reason, since there are A LOT of handheld games that are as good as console ones, and I have yet to see any complaints about that.

Which S-E plan to do with what limitations and capabilities the NDS has.

I set the audio of my games to Mono really, I don't know how good the quality of surround is, but I couldn't give a fuck.

Shall I go on?
    Please do.

They managed to get Disgaea DS which was a PS2 game on the NDS, that worked well.

I don't feel betrayed, I originally got the NDS for just one game, but eventually loved the handheld and am glad they are releasing it on one of my favourite consoles to date.

No, simply that instead of stepping up to the challenge right away and plunging into an expensive but REWARDING development on the Wii or other consoles, it sucks ASS.
    They ARE stepping up to a challenge; they are releasing it on a system with certain limitations and are attempting to make the game play to this system's maximum capabilities.
    That doesn't take anything away from what kind of game it will be. Because as I've said time and again, I think it will rock in its own right, but choices like these in the gaming industry are truly disappointing but I guess it's to be expected from Squeenix.
    Why should we give a fuck about that?
    For the record I actually own a Wii, but would prefer to play DQ on a PS3. I'll still get the game, but won't have any negativism to it (so long as I can use the Classic or GC controller >o>)

Seriously though if you're a fan of the DQ series, you wouldn't give a damn what system its numbered series comes out on. I know someone who is a hardcore DQ fan, he even has the DQ8 special edition for the PS2 and the normal game. Just recently he exclaimed how much he wants DQ9 NOW after knowing the JP ver.'s release date.
    If you are a DQ fan, you wouldn't give a damn what console it came out on, because deep down you know that the game WILL BE GOOD NO MATTER WHAT LIMITATIONS, IF ANY, IT WILL HAVE TO UNDERGO.

Back to this; so uh we expecting an Early 2010 release or Late 2010/Early 2011 release for Japan?

^
    Well...I'm not a HQ DQ fan (I always liked monster better anyways) but I have

DQ1-3,5-6.

I will be buying IX but I liked it better when it was like Seiken Densetsu :\

I'm guessing the release date will be Late 2011.

Seiken Densetu, as in the prequel to Secret of Mana?
    Didn't know those games where related.
    I absolutely loved the fan translated version of Seiken Densetu 3 for the snes.

TBH the only DQ games i actually enjoyed alot where DQ8 and DQM Joker.
    I'm trying to complete the Dragon Quest - Chapters of the chosen game.
    But the sick amount of grinding makes me dislike the game more and more.
    If only the combat system was more fun, if only i could see my characters fight like in DQ8/Joker
    Last edited by Gaiyae; December 11th, 2008 at 03:24 AM.

Xbox: Gaiyae
    Psn id:
    Gaiyae
    3ds FC: 3609 - 1026 - 9535

Quote Originally Posted by Tizoc View Post
    I DID, re-read my post again; if ANYTHING they prob. put it on the NDS to try and take the NDS' capabilities to its limits.
    ...then again it could be because the NDS was the most selling console at the time, but even if not, the first option still stands.
    ...but-

Umm didn't they orchestrate the OST of the English ver. of DQ8 ONLY, while the original Japanese ver. got normal music? Plus DOES A DRAGON QUEST GAME HAVE TO HAVE SYMPHONIC ORCHESTRATED BGMs TO BE A GREAT GAME?

Uh what? FF4's english dub was pretty good and the quality was good as well, besides the only DQ where we had voice acting was DQ8 IIRC, and even the JP ver. didn't have voice acting.
    Again does a great DQ game NEED voice acting?

Mind elaborating on this please?

Didn't FF4 have these? Also the battle system seen in the NDS ver. is the same as the ones in DQ8, which I don't see a problem with.

Fuck your HD 2048P screens, goddamn whippersnappers. That's not a very reason, since there are A LOT of handheld games that are as good as console ones, and I have yet to see any complaints about that.

Which S-E plan to do with what limitations and capabilities the NDS has.

I set the audio of my games to Mono really, I don't know how good the quality of surround is, but I couldn't give a fuck.

Please do.

They managed to get Disgaea DS which was a PS2 game on the NDS, that worked well.

I don't feel betrayed, I originally got the NDS for just one game, but eventually loved the handheld and am glad they are releasing it on one of my favourite consoles to date.

They ARE stepping up to a challenge; they are releasing it on a system with certain limitations and are attempting to make the game play to this system's maximum capabilities.

Why should we give a fuck about that?
    For the record I actually own a Wii, but would prefer to play DQ on a PS3. I'll still get the game, but won't have any negativism to it (so long as I can use the Classic or GC controller >o>)

Seriously though if you're a fan of the DQ series, you wouldn't give a damn what system its numbered series comes out on. I know someone who is a hardcore DQ fan, he even has the DQ8 special edition for the PS2 and the normal game. Just recently he exclaimed how much he wants DQ9 NOW after knowing the JP ver.'s release date.
    If you are a DQ fan, you wouldn't give a damn what console it came out on, because deep down you know that the game WILL BE GOOD NO MATTER WHAT LIMITATIONS, IF ANY, IT WILL HAVE TO UNDERGO.

Back to this; so uh we expecting an Early 2010 release or Late 2010/Early 2011 release for Japan?
    My take on this has apparently insulted the honor of your ancestors prompting a heated line by line response with caps.

I think it sucks shitballs that it's on DS. I gave my reasons. It stands that no matter how far the DS is pushed 'to it's limits' it's diddly compared to what it could be on the Wii. No way it can surpass the previous installment in every way.

There really isn't any arguing that. It's reality. No one said it was going to be a bad game. Breath deep and have a seat. I wasn't pissing on anyone's grave, just giving my thoughts on an asshole business decision.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information