+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Justice RETURSN OMG

Default Re: Young Justice

One week until the premiere :D

I'm excited by this. I really liked the later DCAU stuff - Zeta Project, Justice League, JLU - and this seems like an average of JL and TT, which sounds absolutely fantastic. Spectacular Spider-Man seemed great, from the 3 or 4 episodes I saw, and this Weisman guy also created Gargoyles for Disney way back in the day. That means he's the major architect of a great Disney show AND a great Marvel show. Now he's going DC, and I couldn't be happier.

Don't get too attached to it. Greg Weisman has been on a lot of stuff, and its ALWAYS good... but that comes with the Weisman curse... nothing he's on ever lasts more than two seasons.

I'm looking forward to the show, in any event. Should be great.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

...Gargoyles was 3 seasons. One of my buddies has all the DVDs.

But yeah, here's to hoping. I was surprised that Spectacular Spider-Man got canceled. I saw a few eps and I thought it was The Next Great Superhero Cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazzie View Post
    ...Gargoyles was 3 seasons. One of my buddies has all the DVDs.
    No it wasn't. Goliath Chronicles doesn't count.
    1-Different name means it was a different series.
    2-Weisman wasn't on that season
    3-it SUCKED. (And it sucked long before I understood the reasons for it sucking. Uggh, that was bad.)

Weisman doesn't consider that season canon and ignores it entirely in the comics.

And your buddy obviously has a nice juicy bootleg, since Disney never saw fit to release past the first half of season 2.
    Last edited by Robby; November 19th, 2010 at 03:31 PM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

Robby doles out 100% unadulterated Truth!
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

Huh, I must be mistaken. I'll call that particular friend of mine and figure out exactly what DVDs he has.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazzie View Post
    Huh, I must be mistaken. I'll call that particular friend of mine and figure out exactly what DVDs he has.
    Oh, you're TECHNICALLY correct. There *was* a third season of Gargoyles made by Disney. But it had no Weisman involvement and it sucked, it pretty much was a wholly different show with no idea what it was doing. Most fans just pretend it never existed. The show's creator does.

Anyway. Young Justice. SHould be good. Lot of talent attached to that show.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    Oh, you're TECHNICALLY correct. There *was* a third season of Gargoyles made by Disney. But it had no Weisman involvement and it sucked, it pretty much was a wholly different show with no idea what it was doing. Most fans just pretend it never existed. The show's creator does.

Anyway. Young Justice. SHould be good. Lot of talent attached to that show.
    Makes sense. I'm no Gargoyles expert, but at least one of my friends was a huge fan and I have an inkling as to how good it was / the strength of its fanbase.

I'm a TOTAL junkie for all of the 90s/2000s Timmniverse stuff, and I think that this could be the series that rekindles my inner fanchild for that material. I own DVDs for all of Batman TAS, pirated homemade DVDs of BB, JL, and JLU, and official DVDs for a few of the recent DCAU movies and two of the older Batman ones. Looking forward to Friday.

Premier ep. was awesome. My thoughts on it (spoiler warning)-
    Spoiler:
    1- Nolan North voiced Superboy?! What the hizzay XD
    2- First ep. was awesome, I loved it, and look forward to some more goodness.
    BlAqualad was my fav. character, really liked how he was portrayed. I also liked Robin (Rick Grayson)'s personality and attitude (the devil horns he does when they're introduced to Ms. Martian was awesome IMO). Superboy and Kid Flash are cool too IMO, but Robin and BlAqualad stole the show for me.
    Ms. Martain looks cute btw <3
    3- Animation and art style are top notch too
    4- Guardian's outfit was pretty cool if I may add.
    5- One of the directors the doc communicates with has a very thin long neck. ...and either Darkseid is one of the big bads or Luthor is, one or both are guaranteed to be in the show IMO
    6- oNE OTHER thing, notice how the Bat-computer at the Hall of Justice lists the numbers of the League (Bats, Martian Manhunter, Flash and Aquaman were the first 7 members of the League and the computer reflects that).

Say why does Red Tornado's head look like Ironman's?

For the record, this is more of a Young Justice League/Teen Titans show than Young Justice, so idiots whining about it not being based on the comic, just shut up and enjoy it.

BlAqulad FTW.

Young Justice was awesome :D
    It has great animation,action, and comedy
    I like the new Aqualad , I can't for January

Kamen Rider OOOs

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

Show was quite awesome. With this, Transformers Prime and GIJoe Renegades, I had quite the Friday night of kickin' premiers!
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

Lady Gaga? Take notes. Rebecky_Mo's Avatar

What can I say, except "I LOVE DC-TV!!"?

Once again, it seems like DC is going to outdo itself. C'mon YTV/Teletoon, get this sucker on your programming list, I don't wanna wait too much longer than the states!

Best pasrt was when batman gave Green Arrow that look when he found out he told speedy about teh real secret base, the face Green Arrow made was lol.
    "Il turn your name into a synonym for weakness"

I totally spazzed out and forgot this was on the other night.

Oh well, they'll rerun it eventually...

I really liked the premiere. Very, very promising. I have to say, though, Zatara made an appearance, but no Zatanna. Could we be seeing a young Zatanna join the crew a ways in? Yes, please.

This show is excellent, thank you for bringing it to my attention. I'm giddy with excitement about where the story will take the young heroes.

The best part is definitely that the Justice League is actually involved for once.
    Last edited by Refii; November 28th, 2010 at 07:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Conekiller View Post
    Show was quite awesome. With this, Transformers Prime and GIJoe Renegades, I had quite the Friday night of kickin' premiers!
    A bit off topic, but I gotta agree with Prime, although I only watched the first 2 parts of the 5-ep. premier, it was very entertaing (though somewhat slow with the story pacing).
    G. I. Joe A-Team I have yet to watch despite hearing some good feedback on it ;3

Wonder if they'll make a video game of this? Brave and the Bold got one and I would love to beat up fools with BlAqualad.

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

I see from the end of the ep they're keeping Tornado as the mentor.

Loved the show. "I hacked the motion detectors".

Haven't watched it yet, hope it's good.

Wasn't too impressed with the Avengers cartoon, this looks better IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by RuNa View Post
    Haven't watched it yet, hope it's good.

Wasn't too impressed with the Avengers cartoon, this looks better IMO.
    As a die-hard marvel comics fan, yes it is; the avenger's cartoon for better or worse is recycling their history, this is innovative and refreshing.

Aqua-lad is a completely new character, and has very good foreshadowing of awesome leader-ship skills.
    KF and Robin are like Beavis and Butthead in a way, but they make it work. (Maybe b&b are the wrong characters, more like Bill and Ted)
    And mr. Clone is going to be fun as he explores the real world, kind of like one of the few things the Avengers cartoon succeeded at: Thor.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information