+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Halo: Reach

it's really feking hot here, that's for sure

Default Re: Halo: Reach

Yeah like I said ignore it as the video itself has some great campaign and multiplayer gameplay.

How is that review "blatant dicksucking" or are you just talking about xplay in general.

Quote Originally Posted by deltabrain View Post
    How is that review "blatant dicksucking" or are you just talking about xplay in general.
    G4 and Halo TOGETHER have a history of cocksuckery in general.

Impressions from a long-time Halo hater/

Since I posted this on another board, thought I would just copy here.

This is EASILY the best Halo game Bungie have ever created. Everything that turned me off about the previous games has been improved ten fold; it's gone from 'yeh Halo is a good fun game but it's not the be all and end all many make out' to 'holy crap this game is epic.'

The game is grittier than the other titles and takes on a more mature, darker tone; something that Ensemble explored with the cutscenes in Halo Wars but was never really represented in the actual Halo titles. The game just feels like it was aimed at a more mature audience. The AI is nothing less than extraordinary and never stops trying to flank or out maneuver you, the guns don't have ridiculous levels of auto aim and there's a substantially weighted feel to shooting. Guns have significantly increased recoil that affects accuracy at higher burst rates, the over powered melee attacks feel more balanced and vehicular control and physics feel more weighted, precise and purposeful.

The new weapons are fantastic and with the increased weight and feel make combat so much more visceral and enjoyable. Visually it's a substantial improvement over it's predecessors. It's still not the best looking game going but at least humans actually look like humans, the environments are staggeringly large and the particle and lighting effects during firefights are draw dropping. I still feel games like Alan Wake, Uncharted 2 and Killzone 2 are superior visually but Halo Reach is no slouch, not by a long margin.

The game just smashes every previous Halo title in every department. I haven't gotten into a Halo game like this before very few shooters have had such an immediate wow factor with me. Thoroughly sold.

Well done Bungie. Halo Reach is truly one of this gens masterpieces. I am genuinely surprised at my own response to this game, Halo has always been fun but this one is on a totally different level to the rest of the franchise.
    Excitement,

myogatheflea you lucky bastard.

I still have to wait for my copy

Been playing nonstop for about an hour. This game is amazing. They improved EVERYTHING. The A.I is probably the smartest out of all the games. The story is ok..probably gets better later on. So far though this is the best halo i've played so far.

Good to hear.

Gah the wait is unbearable

The game is so smooth. With over 9 thousand ppl playing the game in just the 1st hour. Easily the best halo game. My life is complete

3DS FC: 4124-5374-7290
    Username EE

Alright I get it..

:(

It sucks.

Now do you feel better?

I don't have 360 but I'll probably play this game in a week at my friends house.

LOL, I still can't buy one anyway because I still have to pay off my $1300 computer.

Too bad.

Ah, the wonders of those with 360-owning friends who can just play Halo at their heart's content without wasting money.

Been playing the game for about 4 hours with my brother. Real good game love the assault attacks.

Where will you find...
    And how will you use...
    The forbidden fruit?

Good to hear the game is great. I have to wait for my copy to Guetaminute I feel your pain!

I'll probably pick up a copy today for review/selling purposes.

Has a Game Rankings score of 92%. Although once you take away the 100% scores it got from X-Box Magazines it's about 90% (Hey. The same was said to be done for Mario so.)

Edit at 10:30 : Played about 2 hours thus far. It's OK. Compared to most other FPS games it is good. (not even gonna attempt to compare it to other genres cus that's just stupid.) Main gripe is the game is just too easy. Even on Legendary mode you'll rarely struggle through it. At least thus far.

Anyways. Gonna play for a few more hours for the magazine and then I'll come back with some more.

Edit Edit: Still piss easy. Mutliplayer is OK. Already there are too many annoying 10 year olds playing this (on a School day too. Eeesh.) but personally it's nothing amazing. I suppose if you love FPS or Halo games you'll adore it. To me I just hate the fact that the single player just feels like a taster compared to the Multiplayer.
    Last edited by Cyber-Robin; September 14th, 2010 at 04:55 AM.

This game is fucking awesome. That is all.

eh. Single Player is a piss-take. 5-6 hours and then you are done.

What ya expect in a shooter game where most of it is done by playing the multiplayer part?

Average FPS are 5-8 hours long and can be done in 1 sitting.

Where will you find...
    And how will you use...
    The forbidden fruit?

Not all of us are FPS gods.

I can barely manage Heroic :V

That being said... ow my life.

Got it now !

Amazing so far

Quote Originally Posted by Toshiya View Post
    What ya expect in a shooter game where most of it is done by playing the multiplayer part?

Average FPS are 5-8 hours long and can be done in 1 sitting.
    I'm comparing it to other games. Mots of which are 15+ hours. I don't play enough FPS to compare it with them. (The last one I played wholly was Bioshock 2. And that was slightly longer and I complained about the same thing. Compare this to the likes of Metroid Prime and Half-Life and yeah.) This just felt thrown on.

I haven't had a proper go at Multiplayer yet. There were too many underaged kids on already yesterday to make it annoying. The two or three maps I did play were good and there was enough varied weapons. Certainly above Bioshock's Multiplayer which just felt tagged on. I'm not sure how it fares against COD etc tho.

Overall I think it's an good game hampered by a poor and short single player campaign.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information