Default Re: Halo: Reach

Ahhh ok.

I like that idea too.

I can beat Normal mode no problem.

But Legendary mode solo?

FFFFFFFFFFfuuuuuuuuuuuuuu~~~~~~

it's really feking hot here, that's for sure

Legendary solo will be a beast, but I won't try it until atleast a few months when I've mastered it lol

Part 2 of the opening
    [YOUTUBE]gM-_y1HPoHI[/YOUTUBE]

As you can see, the weather effects/particles and skyboxes are insane, the facial details are great and the animation is the best in the Halo franchise, and they're pretty good too. They finally used motion capture.

Oh and another thing fixed: while unfortunately you still can't drop into the game like most games online, when you drop out of Campaign or Firefight, the game will not end like it did in previous Halos.

Ooh rocket warthog looks epic

[YOUTUBE]tS-WNQGXkwI[/YOUTUBE]

Spoiler:
    Last edited by GuetaMinute; August 19th, 2010 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawHatRican View Post
    Ahhh ok.

I like that idea too.

I can beat Normal mode no problem.

But Legendary mode solo?

FFFFFFFFFFfuuuuuuuuuuuuuu~~~~~~
    The halo 3 solo Legendary wasn't as much as a challenge than I expected. (except from the Cortana mission, fucking near impossible!!!) So I hope the reach campaign Is a little harder or at least longer.

It will be longer, this was dodged a few times by Bungie employees since they didn't feel they should have said it but they said at Gamescom the campaign will be significantly longer than Halo 3, AND be the hardest Halo ever.

Well that makes me even more happy^^

Lol Top 10 games put to shame by Reach
    https://sites.google.com/site/videogameshub/

While I don't necessarily agree, it's a funny read, and actually shows Reach is much more than just your typical shooter.

In other news, this new vid looks really fun
    [YOUTUBE]ttaL_7tGl7c[/YOUTUBE]
    Last edited by GuetaMinute; August 20th, 2010 at 06:25 PM.

GOD-FUCKING-DAMNIT, I FUCKING FOUND SPOILERS AND FUCKED THE WHOLE ENDING UP FOR ME. SHITTY FUCKING ASSLICKING CRACKERS, I FUCKED UP GOOD.

..*sigh*.. Atleast I heard the campaign was one of the best, if not, the best, so that's a bit re-assuring, I suppose..

Dude really, that sucks.....Just don't go posting them here!! I could barley watch the opening cut scene.

Also with the list of the ''Games Halo Reach puts to shame'' no way has it put RPG or Mario kart to shame!
    Last edited by !!!FRANKY!!!; August 21st, 2010 at 02:44 AM.

Yeah, I won't, don't worry.

Ugh, I didn't expect the game to leak that early

Wait...

Isn't this game a prequel anyways?

We KNOW how it's gonna end...

:x

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by StrawHatRican View Post
    Wait...

Isn't this game a prequel anyways?

We KNOW how it's gonna end...

:x
    I think only the ones who read the novel based off the game will know how it ends.

No no, not that part.. obviously.. I mean the ending for the campaign, it's not just the planet being glassed and shit, it's much more than that..

I won't give hints or anything at all. But these are two nice observations for what I believe are the last missions
    Spoiler:
    yOU SURE?
    Spoiler:
    Really..?
    Spoiler:
    No regrets, then..
    Spoiler:
    The Pillar of Autumn, the UNSC cruiser/warship from the first Halo game, you notice how the A.I. Cortana says ""We've barely escaped from Reach" or a line close to that one? Well, they connected the trilogy to this prequel, at first they only thought about making a whole new story and not one based on the novel, Fall of Reach. But they had to connect the game to the first Halo game and the trilogy in general, so in one of the missions for Reach you will find the Pillar of Autumn, docked, getting ready to flee from the burning and dying planet, you'll find Captain Keyes from the first Halo game, and it is presumed you end up saving Master Chief and the rest of the UNSC aboard the ship, somehow.

Also, at the final mission, I'll only say this: You'll fight alongside your Spartan brethren. That's all I will reveal. It's something Halo has never done before and something I was really hoping for in the game.
    [
    Last edited by GuetaMinute; August 21st, 2010 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Zoom, the game will not follow the same storyline from the novel, only a few bits will be close.

So just reserve my copy today and I was wondering if I should sell my halo ODST before halo reach comes out. Can't wait to play this game, it's looks insanely godly.

3DS FC: 4124-5374-7290
    Username EE

Agreed, I am sure this will be the shooter of the year ATLEAST. COD ain't got shit on this one.

I'm gonna keep my ODST only because my old Halo 3 MP disk stopped working.

But if you have your old Halo 3 disk in working condition, I'd just sell ODST. Probably won't get much for it but still..

I just watched a video of the leaked game, and the music is just GLORIOUS. IMO it's one of the best soundtracks out there. I won't buy the OST, but it just sounds amazing. No Halo theme is not a big loss on this one considering the original music composed for the game is beautiful.
    Last edited by GuetaMinute; August 21st, 2010 at 12:34 PM.

So, the stupid ass fucking leakers have said this was one of the best Halo campaigns, and has that sense of exploration and free roam the first one had, so it's sounding pretty good. Also, they've said it would take a seasoned Halo player 1 hour alone on Heroic on ONE level, break it down to 10 Missions which all have 2-3 LEVELS within them, that sounds like a long campaign. Ain't kidding

Some kickass music
    [YOUTUBE]76BsUFApI3U[/YOUTUBE]
    Last edited by GuetaMinute; August 22nd, 2010 at 01:41 AM. Reason: I was online a while ago Rican but I got bored and turned off the 360 already

As much as I hate people playing a leaked version of the game, it's good to hear some positive news about the game's campaign. I popped in some Halo 3 today and whipped some n00be ass, I tend to forget how good I am at the game until I play it again. I'll be on sporadically until Reach comes out but then it's all Halo Reach all the time so add me, "Afro Kola", if you haven't already.

I'll add you on my temporary account. I'll add you later on my actual account, I have silver on it, gonna get Gold once reach comes out.

BTW I saw some more leaked footage on stream websites, and the game looks gorgeous.

I saw the ending and everything.. Spoiled it, but at the same time only got me more hype for the game. From what I saw, the whole feeling and atmosphere of the game is completely different from any other Halo. It definitely looked ambitious through the developer's eyes, but the campaign felt dramatic, more focused on tragedy and sacrifice, which fits in real nice considering the planet falls at the hand of the Covenant. I did not feel like the main character was lucky or very "epic" like Master Chief. They felt like actual human soldiers, expendable warriors that have real personalities, and I thought that was a very nice change from the typical Halo mood and storyline.

Can't wait to play it myself.

I'm the complete opposite with this game, I'll watch all the gameplay trailers and vidocs that Bungie can muster but I've been staying away from campaign stuff with a ten foot pole. I did the same for Halo 3 and that worked out nicely for me, I hate when I go into a video game or movie and already know the outcome; which I guess I kind of already know going into this game but I don't want the lead up spoiled until I play it.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information