don't give up on your dreams
    through endless nights that come to you
    again and again
    until you see the journey through
    you may not return
    I hope that you learn
    to put your past behind
    and just keep moving on
    That one bolded line is stumping me because I honestly hear a lot of different things for it (I've read: "They're endless nights that come to you" too).

Help?

Default Re: English Dubbed Songs, Unreleased BGM and SFX

Guys and Gals listen up, for a while now we have been speculating whether Family will be on the next set. Now after seeing this video I am pretty sure it won't be on this set.
    [YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uSackcnF3KM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uSackcnF3KM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> [/YOUTUBE]
    I mean it does not even look like the Japanese made that opening it looks as if the fan-subbers just got clips from each arc of the Barouqe Works saga and put it together. I mean I would have loved to see this on the set. But it seems to be nothing but a hack-job edit.
    Happy 20th anniversary, One Piece anime!

Quote Originally Posted by LUFFY#1 fan View Post
    Guys and Gals listen up, for a while now we have been speculating whether Family will be on the next set. Now after seeing this video I am pretty sure it won't be on this set.
    [YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uSackcnF3KM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uSackcnF3KM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> [/YOUTUBE]
    I mean it does not even look like the Japanese made that opening it looks as if the fan-subbers just got clips from each arc of the Barouqe Works saga and put it together. I mean I would have loved to see this on the set. But it seems to be nothing but a hack-job edit.
    Yes, that was fan made and put after the episode was totally over. But people liked it, which was all that was really important.

The song doesn't appear in the actual anime until episode 166 (unless I'm forgetting something).

Yeah, It's kinda sad that we're probably going to see people complain about how "ZOMG FuNimAtioN edited out FAMILY!!!!!111!!!!! WhYYYY! I hate them. English Dubz suk!!!!" All because people are convinced that Family was a "special ending" for that episode.

Make a topic about KF needing to tell that they edited in Family!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino
    We should, shouldn't we?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Thing is someone did, thegreatpirateking. But they really don't like talking about what they do on their subbing.
    Happy 20th anniversary, One Piece anime!

Ok, the Bon Kurei thing was something people didn't notice, but people WILL notice this...
    It's a "Special ending" that didn't really exist. Hell, the One Piece Wikia still flat out states this is a "Special Ending" to episode 128... uuh oh...

EDIT: I just checked out the raw of that Episode (Not telling where I got it, I've had it for a while.)
    And "Family" wasn't there... so yeah...
    Last edited by Demon Rin; February 12th, 2010 at 07:12 PM.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel[/CENTER]

I assumed it was real because at the end of the saga 4kids also had a song montage with their own song...

Do you think 4Kids would actually base that choice on the actual anime when they've already changed more that 50 percent of it visually? I don't know, it just seems to be a bit of a silly assumption.

But anyway, I sort of feel ripped off a bit finding out that the family ending was fake. However, they do show it at the end of the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th TV specials, so if they ever bring them here, we can hear it without having it in the background.

When we get to the party scene in Skypiea it can be ripped.

Ok, I changed everything at the OP Wikia to stop listing Family has having played on that episode, and then one of their major Editors came in and backed me up, saying they "Remembered K-F making a post" owning up to it on their forums when it first happened. So, we have it pretty much confirmed that there was no Family there at all. Not even something that was there on the original broadcast, but removed on DVD that K-F just tried to recreate.

Wow, I really hope we don't have any backlash from fans... the Blood on Bon Kurei was one thing, it was a one second thing that most people might not notice.
    Family being the "Special Ending" to that episode has been pretty big in the fanbase for a while, and I'm sure people are waiting to see FUNi's dub there.

I mean, I've had to deal with stupid fans on my YT channel who have complained about a lot less. when I first posted a video of Bon Kurei, people complained that the subtitle said his back said "Bon Clay" because they thought it was supposed to be "Okama/Crossdresser". Despite K-F translating it right way back when, some people STILL didn't realize Toei made that change. And I even had someone complain that FUNimation changed Robin's Baroque Works Code name. For some reason, they thought it was supposed to be "Miss Bloody Sunday"...

The Moral is, stupid people have complained about a lot less, and this isn't something they probably never even caught in the first place like the Bon Blood thing, this is an entire ending theme...
    Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    And I even had someone complain that FUNimation changed Robin's Baroque Works Code name. For some reason, they thought it was supposed to be "Miss Bloody Sunday"...
    That could have been german Fans! Robins Codename in the german Version of the Anime was "Miss Bloody Sunday"

Hey, when's the Shining Ray mp3 gonna be up? I've been looking forward to downloading that one for a while.

I wish it could've gotten answered when the Podcast interviewed Sabat, Vale, and Real. I'm curious to hear if they actually sung vocals to Family. Looking forward to it if they actually did. So episode 167 then? Which Season 3 disc will that be?

Quote Originally Posted by Ichnob View Post
    I wish it could've gotten answered when the Podcast interviewed Sabat, Vale, and Real. I'm curious to hear if they actually sung vocals to Family. Looking forward to it if they actually did. So episode 167 then? Which Season 3 disc will that be?
    Second Voyage, disc 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by sheng fu View Post
    guessing i am hit the homerun~!

Thanks for that specific answer. Looks like I got a few months to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichnob View Post
    Well we know Chris Sabat sang as Zoro in "Family" already (his voice can clearly be heard, especially since he sings a couple of solo lines in the song). As for Vale, I don't know, but he certainly had no solo verses in the short version of the song that played in the campfire scene. The only way we'd hear him would be if FUNi ever got to do the Specials since those play the full version.

...But Rial had nothing to do with the song. She doesn't voice any of the Straw Hats. She only does Carue, Kuina, and Tashigi. Or maybe you were just thinking of Brina Palencia, who does Chopper?

No, I was only mentioning Rial because she was with Sabat and Vale at a convention very recently. And the Podcast members that were there got to interview all three of them for an episode, but for a short time only. I know she isn't providing any vocals of the song, but I figured it would've been rude of me to leave her out of a 3 person interview.

I actually like all of the dubbed songs I really like Believe it's catchy to me i sing it all the time except for Shining Ray I didn't really like the vocalist on the song, and I wish there was a full version of Free Will, but my fave ending is the one Stephanie Young sings I forgot what the song is called it comes in after Free Will I Think

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information