+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 561 "Luffy vs Hawkeye" Discussion

Default Re: Chapter 561 "Luffy vs Hawkeye" Discussion

Hmm, my impressions...

Nothing all that fancy from Mihawk, more of the standard anime air slashes, though that opening attack looked like it should've eviscerated Luffy.

Luffy's becoming psychic, or maybe he just had a bout of common sense for once. Mihawk must suck at reading faces, because Luffy looked anything but calm after that.

Too bad Crocodile turned down Doflamingo's proposal. But I guess in retrospect it's for the best. If those two worked together, they'd probably acheive world domination by Saturday afternoon.

Using people as human shields isn't really kosher, even if it's Buggy. What if Luffy had grabbed one of the flying prisoners by accident? Anyway, it was cute that Buggy vs. Mihawk, however brief, actually happened, and how comic relief Buggy completely neutralizes this top-tier's power. I still wonder where the Muggy Balls are supposed to be coming from. Buggy's power is to split, not be a human firing chamber. Mihawk also needs to read more manga. Luffy's ''ability'' is hardly unique.

Jimbei looks to be shown in a completely situation than we saw him last. It looks like he really did KO Moria in one hit.

Why is everyone so surprised and shocked that Ace is going to be executed ahead of schedule? Once this battle started, anything's fair game. Frankly, I was wondering why they weren't going ahead with that sooner, especially since no one has attacked the scaffold yet in all this time.

The narration is in the past tense, so something huge is going to happen. I hope that there's a bit more to the plan than just siccing a bunch of Pacifistas, unstoppable as they may be. I wasn't expecting to see Sentomaru again so soon though. Kinda funny how he still looks mildly irritated over everything.

Great chapter, and there's the promise of something big that's going to happen. Though considering the narration's tone and the fact that this should be the last chapter of Vol. 57 or so, I wouldn't be surprised if we suddenly switched to another viewpoint, like the other Straw Hats or something.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

So Luffy seeing his arm chop off is part haki (or mantra, and imho, mantra is haki) after all.

He didn't just "know his arm would be cut off" like how most were saying in the spoilers, but saw it a millisecond before he was going to do it - thus acting accordingly.

Unless there like afew dozen PX's, I dont think they would cause THAT much damage to the major players. Yes 80-90% of the pirates will be crushed in an instant, but the big guys will stay, the SH's survived pretty well against one, considering they fought beforehand at the Auction as well.

Oh look! More baby seals! Vermouth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steven D. Teach View Post
    The Croc fanboy in me is worried, since we don't really see where Dofla/Jozu go. Stay safe, Crocoboy!

Awesome chapter, though, definitely worth the wait.
    Crocodile has a lot of personality. Be allied with Doflamingo can be a shame for him. I'm a Crocofan like you but I prefer that Crocodile fights with Das instead of Doflamingo. Crocodile isn0t the weapon of NOBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

^lol same avatar but mine cleaner

but this chapter indeed nice with luffy kind predict what will happen or the new awesome move
    and the ending oh that's tough well the new world pirate will be in action or whitebeard super quake time

Those Newkama guys that help Luffy on page 5? The ones who've "faced Mihawk in battle"?

Johnny and Yosaku.

It would be awesome.

Oh yeah, for those hoping the Strawhats show up, I'm personally hoping the supernova show up as well. I guess there are a lot of characters people want to see, however, that's obvious from the last few pages. However, having these supposedly contenders for One Piece show their show on this playing field would be a nice display. Plus, if these guys are supposed to be important later on, I can only imagine now is a good time to establish that.

I believe Luffy just saw Mihawk's killing intent when they were about to strike each other, so Mihawk influenced strawhat, but luffy didn't use haki or mantra or whatever the fuck. Mihawk's killing intent, monsterly presence, cutting of hands. End of Story

^ 16 characters of lol.
    Last edited by pritesh; October 22nd, 2009 at 12:49 PM. Reason: I love it when people are so hard pressed to deny.

Quote Originally Posted by Melon View Post
    Those Newkama guys that help Luffy on page 5? The ones who've "faced Mihawk in battle"?

Johnny and Yosaku.

It would be awesome.
    Yeah I'd look forward to seeing Johnny and Yosaku again. Hopefully if we do, they'll have gone through something traumatic and have grown in strength.

And the chapter was great. I hope all that "Mihawk isn't that strong" bullshit stops after seeing him cut the ice like that. But I'm still confused to why he didn't kill Luffy quickly. Maybe he was holding back after all.

Buggy's comedy is a brilliant addition to this war by Oda. Bringing the Pacifista's in only seems logical... maybe now we'll see Whitebeard tear shit up.

well i'm sure you all already know but....

http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/561/01/

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

Oh look! More baby seals! Vermouth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mab View Post
    ^lol same avatar but mine cleaner
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s[/YOUTUBE]

Mihawk isn't that strong.

What a wimp.

Quote Originally Posted by onemoment View Post
    Oh yeah, for those hoping the Strawhats show up, I'm personally hoping the supernova show up as well. I guess there are a lot of characters people want to see, however, that's obvious from the last few pages. However, having these supposedly contenders for One Piece show their show on this playing field would be a nice display. Plus, if these guys are supposed to be important later on, I can only imagine now is a good time to establish that.
    They got their asses handed to them by a Kizaru who was barely even trying, they'd get their asses handed to them by any of the big name Marines that are there.

Its been 90 mins since the war started. Whatever Blackbeard is planning, it must already be well into motion by now....I really wanna see the "big name" New World Pirate Captains. I'm hoping there are some monsters amongst them.

I loved this chapter. I loved how Luffy used Buggy in the fight against Mihawk. I also didn't see that end coming. I was in suspense til the very end. Looks like the WG is planning for a massacre since they don't want the world to see what will happen next.

Quote Originally Posted by Urouge View Post

What a wimp.
    o_O

He wasn't even trying and look at the Tsunami...

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    I hope that there's a bit more to the plan than just siccing a bunch of Pacifistas, unstoppable as they may be.
    There is. At one point in the chapter, Sengoku asks about the preparations with something along the lines of, "...even the bay shore preparations?" A few panels or pages later, people point and say, "Look!! The bay shore...!!" which is lined with Pacifistas and Sentoumaru. Even the last Narration Box claims that their purpose was to speed up the battle and segue them into the final phase of the plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossword View Post
    Luffy's becoming psychic, or maybe he just had a bout of common sense for once. Mihawk must suck at reading faces, because Luffy looked anything but calm after that.
    Mihawk was more than likely responding to Luffy's rational choice to not attack, as opposed to just charging straight in and hoping to win. The comment from Mihawk, infact, leads me to believe even more so that...
    Last edited by brennen.exe; October 22nd, 2009 at 01:00 PM. Reason: C'mon, of course not EVERYTHING is, but certainly some elements are. Oda is just slowly bringing it out...

Thanks for the rawz! I laughed so hard with Buggy being cut by Mihawk then having that expression->OuO XD I mean ROFL! Can't wait for the translation!
    My 3DS Friend Code: 1091 - 8457 - 8212

~Goronyanya~

What a wimp.
    To tell you the truth, I don't think any of the so called "top tier" is that strong.

BTW, the Mihawk eye-close ups were showing just how good his vision is. Being able to track Luffy through a bunch of people during the war when Luffy tried to run.

Discovered Stowaway

What a wimp.
    lol.. ppl actaully fell for it :P

I was surprised, too.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information