+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 361 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast

Thread: Disney animation thread

Default Re: Disney

Taboo, are you making up these sequels to mock Disney, or do you have somewhere where these are confirmed?

If that's true, I might wonder if they will make a Snow White II and Sleeping Beauty II.
    Cinderella III Fox and the hound 2 Brother Bear II Mermaid III

Do not doubt the sequeling power of Disney. The ones 2007+ are still in production though. Heck, they're doing a remake of the Shaggy dog! ><

Last edited by taboo; February 10th, 2006 at 01:46 PM.

Treasure Cruise ID: 785,854,335
    LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

Quote Originally Posted by taboo
    Hey, check this out: Asterix and the Vikings -A big budget 2d movie!
    Cool, I like Asterix. I remember watching an older animated movie of that back in the 80's.

Gah, all the sequels. That's sickening. At this rate, they might even make a Black Cauldron sequel....naaaah. XD

There will be a new VeggieTales movie, "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything", which I will be seeing kthx. <3
    Heehee, that sounds amusing.

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

Well, the Black Cauldron is based on a book in a series. The other books include: The book of Three, Taran Wanderer, Castle of Llyre(sp?) and The High King. Making a Black Cauldron II wouldn't upset the Socccer Mom's, but it would outrage the community that likes to preserve classic stories.

But I agree with the idiocy of excessive sequels. Heck, in today's politically correct society, will that gruff guy in Fox & Hound II still carry a shotgun? Will he still hunt? or will they have him give it up because it's politically incorrect to have hunters in movies? Either way, it's going to suck. That's why I stopped watching Disney movies.
    If I think I'm insane, does it mean I'm not? Because a truly insane person wouldn't know that they are insane?

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

Wow. Hold onto your britches, folks, I can't wait for BROTHER BEAR II and pants might start flying. :dry:

That movie not only sucked, it raked in low revenew. Another BUZZ LIGHTYEAR animated movie would do better. Why bother?

Hey, check this out: Asterix and the Vikings -A big budget 2d movie! And it looks pretty good at that. Asterix is a popular European comic character, but I believe the movie is also coming to America. I find this to be an immensely refreshing breath of air from all the CGI talking animal movies that are coming out this year. (There are supposed to be 10? May change)
    You know things have gotten bad when taboo is sick of talking animal movies.:laugh: With all the American actors doing voices it has to be released in the states. Maybe Direct-to-Video release if they don't get a distributor. 2D would be great as long as its the really detailed kind and not just TV type toon placed on the big screen. Otherwise why bother.

Who is watching these sequels? Good grief!!!!

Also if anyone know Al Micheals was released from his contract at ABC, a disney owned network, and is going to NBC to do football there. Well in order for him to join that network a deal was worked out. Amongst, the many of the deals, one of them was NBC sign over the rights to Oswald, an obscure Disney character that looks like Mickey with rabbit ears. Huh???

God I hate those sequels, it's so wrong to spoil originally good movies continuing them with extremely bad story and animation just for the money...(and who are those idiots who watch them ? :x )

And, I personally don't like 3D-animated movies, I have always preferred traditional animation, it just looks better. That's why it makes me sad that new animated movies(excluding sequels) are almost always made completely with computer. :(

I'd kill to see Relient K's version of the "Pirates who don't do anything" in the movie.

Post Re: Disney

Madagascar was pretty disappointing. Treasure Planet was good. Pacifire was pretty funny. That's all I can think of. :mellow:

I want to see Bambi 2 so badly! And Lion King One and a Half even more! >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Onigumo
    Well, the Black Cauldron is based on a book in a series.
    EVERY Disney movie is based on something, whether it's a book, or an older series. They could make a movie out of another story in the series but the point was that it was a very unsuccessful movie for them so I doubt they would do it.

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

NBC finally released the rights to Oswald the Rabbit? Woah, that's actually pretty huge. That character was Walt Disney's first major cartoon character, and was rising toward Mickey fame until a rights dispute took ownership of the character away from Disney.

However, I find that Disney's continual pursuit of Oswald shows how fall the company has fallen. Hang onto those memories, baby.

Quote Originally Posted by OP Man
    Amongst, the many of the deals, one of them was NBC sign over the rights to Oswald, an obscure Disney character that looks like Mickey with rabbit ears. Huh???
    This is a major deal, especially for animation buffs.

This is a really sound business decision by Disney on top of everything else for reasons explained here.
    Complicating things since 2009.

I'd kill to see Relient K's version of the "Pirates who don't do anything" in the movie.
    Yes, it'll be there. =3 Love that song.

Oswald is cool and everything (and I'm looking foreward to mechindise) but if they make a movie or a tv show... Anyway, I think this site http://www.o-meon.com/pages/news%26f..._02-09-06.html explains it best really.

LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

Sorry for double posting~ ><

Toy Story 3 is back in production apparently~ http://www.latinoreview.com/news.php?id=374

LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

aw crap. What the hell, Pixar?

I don't know if you any of you guys heard that recently K.P (a.k.a Kim Possible) got renewed for a 4th season. From what I heard the new episodes will continue where they left off from the ending of the origanl finale of the series (a.k.a So the Drama). So I can't wait for Season 4 to air on tv.

Quote Originally Posted by Sano
    I don't know if you any of you guys heard that recently K.P (a.k.a Kim Possible) got renewed for a 4th season. From what I heard the new episodes will continue where they left off from the ending of the origanl finale of the series (a.k.a So the Drama). So I can't wait for Season 4 to air on tv.
    So the Drama? Isn't that where Kim and Ron officially "got together?" Ooooh boy

Toy Story 3 is back in production apparently~ http://www.latinoreview.com/news.php?id=374
    I don't think I'd mind a Toy Story 3, actually. But what's the chance that it will actually be good?

Let's pray to god that the sequels are as serious about themselves as Lion King 1½ was. I'd take a spoof with few songs over a feeble attempt at an actual story, with an annoying amount of songs (LM II) any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Sano
    Now THIS I like, especially after seen it verified at tv.com! Dr. Drakken and Monkey Fist alone are worth it!
    ...though I'm put off by the fact that Ron and Kim would be a couple in those episodes. That'd make it...akward.

Just looked at the box reciepts from the latest Disney CGI movie "The Wild" and its a bomb. Ha! Ha!

Also maybe I need to look at some more trailers but I'm not interested in the new Pixar movie "Cars"

Quote Originally Posted by OP Man
    Just looked at the box reciepts from the latest Disney CGI movie "The Wild" and its a bomb. Ha! Ha!
    Score!

Also maybe I need to look at some more trailers but I'm not interested in the new Pixar movie "Cars"
    It's not grabbing my attention too much either, but then Finding Nemo didn't either, but it was pretty good. I'm just not sure what the plot is, but knowing Pixar it's probably decent.

Did you know that the amount of computing power in the production of 'Cars', Pixar is only surpassed by NASA?

I think you should give it a chance. =P If anything, it's going to be a work of art~

LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information