+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 177 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great New World Discussion Thread

Default Re: The Great New World Discussion Thread

I would like to say that this thread is a great idea and I commend you on your very informative first post, well done my good sir!

When thinking of the NW, I can't help but think that the New World brings a ton of...uh....NEW...to One Piece.

In that slew of "Newness", (It is a word because I am Sage and I am allowed to do such things.) I expect Luffy to have aged and mature a little bit more (not losing his sense of self though of course. One Piece wouldn't be the same if Luffy stopped being goofy) along with the crew. It is unreasonable to think that Luffy in his current state can survive the NW, he can barely survive the Grand Line as is.

I look forward to more dramatic adventures and can't help but think that the NW would bring a darker side to One Piece as all we have heard of the NW is how dark and dangerous it is...maybe even...dare I say....death will exist (even in the slightest?) in the NW?

I definitely agree with the increase of activity from Don Flamingo and the new Black Beard pirates, as well as the supernovas.

And here is where I make a controversial statement:

"I do not wish to see any more NEW SH crew members once the NW adventure is underway. MAYBE 1 OR POSSIBLY 2 but I would honestly prefer none. I think the NW adventure should focus on the growth of the current SH members. Luffy doesn't need to have divisions like WB. Luffy is more comparable to Shanks whom doesn't have a slew of crew members...as a matter of a fact, most of his crew can be compared to most of the SH crew.

Hence Shanks to Whitebeard Crew as Luffy to Blackbeard Crew....in a sense. Maybe it's the Naruto on my mind but I kinda see history repeating itself."
    That is all for now.
    Last edited by Sage; September 21st, 2009 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RomanceDawn View Post
    The Straw Hats will undoubtedly be meeting the other Super Novas again, but I would like a few of the Straw Hats to take on the captains. They can handle marine captains like nothing, so I would love for Brooke to take on Apoo or something of that nature.
    Yeh i think that this is a good idea and i think that the match ups would be:

Luffy Vs. Kid

Zoro Vs. Killer

Sanji Vs. Law

Nami Vs. Hawkins

Franky Vs. Urouge
    Robin Vs. Bonney

Chopper Vs. Drake

Brook Vs. Appo

Ussop Vs. Bege

Just a guess but i think that this line up would be cool cuz there simularities between those characters

I can't wait to see how easily the SH's make their mark in the new world. Most people seem to think Kizarus, Sentomaru's, and Pacifistas are every where in the new world. Those guys are at the top of the One Piece food chain, The Straw Hats will not have to deal with one every 32 seconds.

It's gonna start out just like the grand line, super forshaddowing of ultra strong people that are undefeatable, then the SH's march in and take no prisoners. Watch Usopp take out 100 bounty hunters while everyone sleeps.
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. \_(ツ)_/

yeh I agree iam not sure but i think i read somewhere that the marines dont ave much control in the new world

A Futue Bounty of 310mil Neomaster121's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior's Soul Ryuuma View Post
    yeh I agree iam not sure but i think i read somewhere that the marines dont ave much control in the new world
    yea but i think we may see advancements after luffy after this arc

smoker wants to gather a team to target him and the admirals may want to catch lufy themselves after all his shinigans
    http://neomaster121.mybrute.com
    Click above suprisingly addictive
    http://mybrute.com/team/107019
    join the team if your strong enough

Enel's comeback will be an epic part of the New World. I can't wait to see him fight other strong guys.

Also expecting a long Alabasta type saga based around Donflamingo.

Oh and well done Greg for making an ass of yourself.

Im just mostly pumped to see all of the crew powerup in the new world.

Particularly ussop, I really want to see him eat a devilfruit or learn some rokushiki or something.

Luffy Vs. Kid

Zoro Vs. Killer

Sanji Vs. Law

Nami Vs. Hawkins

Franky Vs. Urouge
    Robin Vs. Bonney

Chopper Vs. Drake

Brook Vs. Appo

Ussop Vs. Bege

Just a guess but i think that this line up would be cool cuz there simularities between those characters
    Why Sanji and Law? And Nami and Hawkins?

Quote Originally Posted by lelandlancaster View Post
    I agree o_o.

I would think Sanji VS. Bepo, and then after he beats Bepo, Hawkins.

I think that Hawkins would be too over powered for her actually, hes one of the stronger supernovae.

And I would actually think Zoro against Law, and then after he beats law THEN he would fight killer.

On the subject of Luffy's crew. We have to keep in mind a few details.

1. Luffy said that he wanted 10 members at the beginning of the manga. Since there has been a countdown when someone officially joins and we're on #8 we're only going to get two more members. The first half of One Piece was mainly composed of Crew Induction arcs (All of East Blue, Drum Island, Water 7, and Thriller Bark so far) but with two members left we only have two arcs left and I don't think those will dominate the New World half of One Piece.

2. Two of current members (Robin and Chopper) don't have their number designations yet so something is up with those two where they have to earn their way into the crew. This is even more a mystery with Robin who should of got her 5th Person designation after Water 7 since it was in the same arc Usopp earned his 3rd person. This is Oda's roundabout way of hinting something is going on with those two. I think it has something to do with Chopper's Monster Point transformation and Robin's desire to collect information of the Void Century (which was touch upon with Raileiygh's big info dump during Saobody Archipelgo (sp?!)). I'm not sure if this is going to be resolved during the course of the Strawhat Separation arc, speaking of which...

3. The Strawhat Separation arc- Remember that colorspread Oda did back when the whole separation issue started. I couldn't help but think why would he do a color spread showing when Luffy met everybody? I get the distinct impression that there is a good chance that before this whole New World arc kicks in it's going to take just as long for Luffy JUST to reunite with his initial crew. While I'm hoping it doesn't take another 50 volumes to accomplish this there are definitely a lot of indicators that reuniting the crew will be no simple task and given their defeat at Sabaody Archipelago it was made very clear that Luffy and his crew will have to undergo dramatic changes before they even step one foot into the new world. This will take a great deal of time and I can't see this being resolved in less than 10 volumes. If it is then Oda is a master storyteller.

Now there's a good chance that we have already be introduced to a new nakama already and it just hasn't been cleared who it is (much like Robin and Franky) and that during something like Fishman Island we may get another crew member.

But we have to keep in mind that right now the One Piece world is undergoing dramatic changes and there a wide range of stuff that has to occur and be covered BEFORE the New World part starts. It also may be possible that some crew members Luffy may reunite with within the New World (Robin's connection with the Revolutionaries makes this seem possible). At this point the Oda can take the story into so many directions I can't even BEGIN to imagine the structure for the New World arc.

O-chan

Luffy Vs. Kid

Zoro Vs. Killer

Sanji Vs. Law

Nami Vs. Hawkins

Franky Vs. Urouge
    Robin Vs. Bonney

Chopper Vs. Drake

Brook Vs. Appo

Ussop Vs. Bege

Please NO, just because it be cool a musical battle betwen Brook a Apoo doesn't mean all the strawhats will battle a Supernova, people jump into that 9 vs 9 conclusion and look how things work out, also Law and Kidd were portrayed as Luffy's rivals, i really hope Oda put the SN into diferent situations to get involved with the Strawhats, some enemies, some friends and allies.
    Learning the secret technique of the engrish, forgive me, grammar gods!!!

Moria's Current status:
    Spoiler:

If you read this thread while listening to "A Whole New World" from Aladdin, it is at least twice as good.

This applies to anything in life, really.

On topic, I doubt we'll be seeing most of the New World Pirates affiliated with Whitebeard in the actual New World, because there have to be some casualties of the war, and they are mostly all ugly pieces of gutter trash. It's like Oda wasn't even trying to give them decent character designs.

I always thought that the New World is a place where the marines do not have control over. If Smoker were to chase Luffy & Co into the New World, would the pirates attack him?

Quote Originally Posted by silvers View Post
    I always thought that the New World is a place where the marines do not have control over. If Smoker were to chase Luffy & Co into the New World, would the pirates attack him?
    Smoker wouldn't mind. He attacks all pirates he comes across, not just Luffy.

Quote Originally Posted by Warfare View Post
    i really hope Oda put the SN into diferent situations to get involved with the Strawhats, some enemies, some friends and allies.
    I agree so much. :) It's just so boring to assume that they'll all be enemies and ZOMG ALL MATCHED UP PERFECTLY WITH THE STRAWHATS LOLOOL.

One of the emperors looks way too much like Moria. Perhaps Kaido is Moria's brother or twin?
    The Win Win Fruit.

So the person who killed Moria's entire crew is his brother?

I can see Buggy, Smoker, gin and Croc in the NW...

A lot of what people said above are things I'm looking forward to definitely. However, probably the top few plot devices I'm eagerly awaiting include:

1) Vegapunk's objective (hopefully, as Oda has mentioned in a previous SBS) he will at that time, unveil the truth about what the Devil Fruits really are.
    2) When Luffy and Dragon finally meet (which probably will tie into a Revolutionary Army arc).
    3) The Rio Poneglyph and the truth behind the Void Century.

All three of these are definitely more of the bigger mysteries surrounding One Piece, as I view them. I honestly can't wait till we encounter them in the story. Unfortunately, all of them seem so far away. Although I will admit that an encounter with Vegapunk could happen rather soon. And by rather soon, I mean after the Whitebeard War fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by lelandlancaster View Post
    I forgot about those to till the end

Also I agree with u warfare that it proberly wont be 9 vs. 9 but i thought i would just put down what i was thinking at the time, and while i am on th subject robin vs. Law does anyone else think that might be cool?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information