+ Reply to Thread
Page 178 of 180 FirstFirst ... 78 128 168 176 177 178 179 180 LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,560 of 3586

Thread: The Great New World Discussion Thread

  1. #3541

    Default Re: The Great New World Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NamiRobinFrankyAce View Post
    By the way,it must have happened something really bad to Alabasta,to make Marines 'dont care' about the Kaido-Big Mom alliance. I mean,two Yonkou working together to take down the world,and Marine do nothing? The 'other thing' apart from arresting the Shichibukai,must be something really big. So big that maybe another Yonkou is involved...is Shanks involved with whatever happened with Alabasta?
    I'll be clearer about this,considering the fact that we have more free time without the chapter this week. I dont think Shanks attacked Alabasta,but Shanks might be involved with that event because he went there to fight against the person or the group of people who attacked Alabasta. There must be someone important involved to justify the fact that the Marines says that they dont have enough forces to take care of the Kaido-Big Mom alliance. Arresting the Warlords isnt enough to make them without men to send to Wano.
    (Its also true that probably someone from Marine will actually arrive to Wano in the end,but so far they dont want to. We will surely know more about this during the chapters between Act 3 and Act 4).

  2. #3542

    Default Re: The Great New World Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NamiRobinFrankyAce View Post
    I'll be clearer about this,considering the fact that we have more free time without the chapter this week. I dont think Shanks attacked Alabasta,but Shanks might be involved with that event because he went there to fight against the person or the group of people who attacked Alabasta. There must be someone important involved to justify the fact that the Marines says that they dont have enough forces to take care of the Kaido-Big Mom alliance. Arresting the Warlords isnt enough to make them without men to send to Wano.
    (Its also true that probably someone from Marine will actually arrive to Wano in the end,but so far they dont want to. We will surely know more about this during the chapters between Act 3 and Act 4).
    I think Alabasta been kicked out of the WG and their sending the Marines to make they get Pluton. It's where I think Blackbeard going as well to make Pluton his.

  3. #3543

    Default Re: The Great New World Discussion Thread

    - About Sabo: There's no doubt that the newspaper says he's dead. But of course he didnt really died. He is probably just imprisoned. But i think there wont be a Ace 2.0,he will manage to free himself somehow,maybe thanks to Bonney.
    -About Hancok,i think sadly she will lose against the new weapon of the WG,but she will manage to escape before being captured. She will have to leave her island and she will travel trough the sea,meeting Luffy later in the story.
    -About Vivi: i think Cobra sadly died,she will become the Queen of Alabasta,and now her island is under attack because she refused a wedding proposal by Im-Sama. Remember when Cobra asked her to choose someone to marry,and she refuses? I think that was a foreshadowing of this thing. If you think that would be a plot for a romantic comedy,i'll stop you here: of course Im-Sama didnt want to marry her because he is in love,but probably because the Nefertari family is more important than we think.

  4. #3544

    Default Re: The Great New World Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NamiRobinFrankyAce View Post
    -About Vivi: i think Cobra sadly died,she will become the Queen of Alabasta,and now her island is under attack because she refused a wedding proposal by Im-Sama. Remember when Cobra asked her to choose someone to marry,and she refuses? I think that was a foreshadowing of this thing. If you think that would be a plot for a romantic comedy,i'll stop you here: of course Im-Sama didnt want to marry her because he is in love,but probably because the Nefertari family is more important than we think.
    I doubt that Imu is looking to marry. The way the scene was portrayed with posters of Luffy, Shirahoshi and BB didn't make it look like he was looking for a partner out of those 4. Rather like he was picking a target to eliminate. And recall: the Gorosei literally asked if he had decided on "the light to be extinguished from the world". Not just that: "another" light, implying that he's killed people behind the scenes before.

  5. #3545

    Default Re: The Great New World Discussion Thread

    Maybe the extinguisher is what he calls his wang

  6. #3546

    Default Re: The Great New World Discussion Thread

    He decided to eliminate Cobra and marry Vivi for reasons we will undesrtand later. By the way the Vivi theory is the one i am least sure of the three
    while i am pretty confident about the ones about Sabo and Hancock,at 80% lets say

  7. #3547

    Default Re: The Great New World Discussion Thread

    Dont forget we have to see Vegapunk !?

  8. #3548

    Default Re: The Great New World Discussion Thread

    It would be difficult to explain what happened to Vivi to the world, considering that officially Im doesn't exist, so the marriage would never be announced

  9. #3549

    Default Re: The Great New World Discussion Thread

    Looking back and oda's new years message, I think the newspaper said that sabo īs captured and he will be executed in public, the second leader of biggest enemy of cds seems the way it goes, to show people what happenes to anyone that goes after cds. That īs why koala and dadan cry, and dadan said " not now when we just found out that he īs alive", they wanna kill him again. And fujitora īs after boa, so she will be captured

  10. #3550

    Default Re: The Great New World Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    Looking back and oda's new years message, I think the newspaper said that sabo īs captured and he will be executed in public, the second leader of biggest enemy of cds seems the way it goes, to show people what happenes to anyone that goes after cds. That īs why koala and dadan cry, and dadan said " not now when we just found out that he īs alive", they wanna kill him again. And fujitora īs after boa, so she will be captured
    I dont think that Boa will be captured. She will lose because Oda needs to prove that the new weapon of the World Government is strong (and he cant let Mihawk lose because it would kill all the hype around him,same for Weevil who we have to discover yet so he cant be out of the game yet,and Buggy well,it wouldnt be a great proof of force if it defeats him. But Buggy will manage to escape somehow). So she will lose,but making her a prisoner would make her a Damel in Distress (and i think Oda wants to avoid that trophe) and it would be too cruel with the character considering her past as slave and her promise to herself to never be enslaved by anyone again. So i think she will manage to escape with her ship after the defeat,and she will travel trough the sea,meeting with Luffy again when she will have to help him in the final battle.

  11. #3551

    Default Re: The Great New World Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NamiRobinFrankyAce View Post
    I dont think that Boa will be captured. She will lose because Oda needs to prove that the new weapon of the World Government is strong (and he cant let Mihawk lose because it would kill all the hype around him,same for Weevil who we have to discover yet so he cant be out of the game yet,and Buggy well,it wouldnt be a great proof of force if it defeats him. But Buggy will manage to escape somehow). So she will lose,but making her a prisoner would make her a Damel in Distress (and i think Oda wants to avoid that trophe) and it would be too cruel with the character considering her past as slave and her promise to herself to never be enslaved by anyone again. So i think she will manage to escape with her ship after the defeat,and she will travel trough the sea,meeting with Luffy again when she will have to help him in the final battle.

    If fujitora is the one after her ( and it has to be him since there seems to be some snake ship and fujitora is attacked by a group, and the only ones that have a group are either buggy or boa) then fujitora has the perfect counter to her powers since he is blind. So it would be reallly hard for boa to get away from fujitora. I think they send 1 after after boa, 1 admiral after kizaru( wevvil, since kizaru hyped weevil at his introduction?) and 1 admiral after mihawk. I do see buggy and mihawk escape and end up with shanks, maybe rayleigh will show to help boa?

  12. #3552
    Stowaway w/ 18k posts Kishido's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Germany

    Default

    Seeing the anime and Witching Hour Boy silhouette... It seems like it is Denjiro after all

  13. #3553

    Default Re: The Great New World Discussion Thread

    Just watched a Cutty Flam attack compilation. I feel like he's the most versatile when it comes to attacks. Especially for someone without a DF ability.

  14. #3554

    Default Re: The Great New World Discussion Thread

    Recently i have read an analysis made by someone who noticed that in the manga Elbaf has never been called an "island" but always a "village" or a "land". He also noticed Sauro's words when he says that he is different from the barbaric giants of Elbaf. So in the end Elbaf might not be an entire island but just a village,the one with the vikings. But the name of the island will actually be different (maybe Road Star or God Valley?).

  15. #3555

    Default Re: The Great New World Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NamiRobinFrankyAce View Post
    Recently i have read an analysis made by someone who noticed that in the manga Elbaf has never been called an "island" but always a "village" or a "land". He also noticed Sauro's words when he says that he is different from the barbaric giants of Elbaf. So in the end Elbaf might not be an entire island but just a village,the one with the vikings. But the name of the island will actually be different (maybe Road Star or God Valley?).
    Can't be Lodestar because only Roger has ever reached it, and can't be God Valley because it was supposedly erased, while we know Elbaf is a pretty famous place people go to and come from relatively often.

  16. #3556

    Default Re: The Great New World Discussion Thread

    Here's a theory i haven't seen anyone post about lmk if i'm wrong :) might be a lot of speculation but here goes (my first post so i hope this is the correct place to put it)

    I was watching a KOL video about the recent Onigashima island panel and how large the giant who's skull rests there must be, giving rise to the possibility that that giant is a literal continent puller. This had me thinking about the other large creatures seen in one piece, with one of the only other 'mammoth' creatures we have seen in Luffy's time being Zunesha. If Zunesha is a giant elephant who is roughly 1000 years old, where are the other elephants? There is no evidence of any other 'Zuneshas' existing present day. This must be because they have all died, presumably of old age. Considering the sentence that Zunesha was given to wander the earth, at what point is this sentence complete? Until Zunesha dies (it seems brutal in the scope of one piece if this is the case as eventually Zunesha would die and the home of the minks would be destroyed, possibly wiping out the race)? Or until a specific time? It also stands that we should question who or what gave Zunesha this sentence. Could it be that Zunesha was ordered by the other existing giant elephants? if so why does Zunesha continue to wander even though the rest of their species has long died off? it seems that Zunesha is physically bound to it's command (as shown by it asking Momonosuke's permission to slap jack). I think it is more likely that Zunesha was ordered by a person (following themes of humans like luffy having control over animals), which is supported by the fact that zunesha turns to Momo (a human) for permission.
    Enough with all the questions. my theory for why Zunesha is the only living mega-elephant is this; the immortality operation of the ope-ope no mi was performed on it, giving Zunesha everlasting life (to the benefit of the Mink clan). This begs the question regarding the OP-ness of the ope-ope no mi. Is it possible that we do not know everything about the ope-ope no mi? Could it be that performing the immortality surgery at the expense of the users life comes with a caveat, that the now immortal being must follow the will or a rule of the fruit's user? This would make the ability less overpowered and follow the theme of 'devil fruits', that the condition is a curse, not a blessing (just like sacrificing the ability to swim). This is the reason why Zunesha physically CANNOT disobey their order.
    Let's play about with this idea a little. This section of the theory follows from one linked below which i will outline (don't necessarily agree 100% but seems pretty good). It that says that Zunesha was used by JoyBoy to pull the Noah from Wano (where it was possibly built) to Fishman island, for the Fishmen to board it and aid in JoyBoy's battle against the world government. Only Momo has the ability to talk to Zunesha, because he is a descendant of joy boy's bloodline, with Toki (possibly being JoyBoy's daughter or sister) having travelled forward in time and being Momo's mother. JoyBoy punished Zunesha to walk forever because he screwed this plan up. this still does not explain why Zunesha is physically unable to disobey JoyBoy's will. At this point the speculation meter is quite high but could it be that JoyBoy had the power of the Ope-Ope No Mi and gave Zunesha immortality in order to carry a poneglyph and save one race from the wrath of the world gov?
    We can also think about Im. it seems that Im is the ruler of the world and may have been living for a long time. is Im another recipient of the immortality surgery? (even if you do not believe the rest of the theory this is still plausible as it seems that Im has the influence of someone who is immortal, and otherwise why was the immortality surgery introduced in the story, as it seems unlikely that law will use it on luffy as i think luffy will die at the end of the show just like roger). If so, what is Im's command? To eliminate the pirates as they are a danger to the world? perhaps just to protect the world? I think that Im is not as villainous as we would make him out to be (he is pictured surrounded by flowers and butterflies when we meet him) even if the world gov eliminated the Ancient Kingdom, maybe this is because they perceived them as a threat to the world's peace. Regardless it could be possible that Im is under some sort of control and does not want to control the world like this but has to (which is why he doesn't speak). Maybe Joyboy for some reason gave immortality to Im and not zunesha (with Zunesha being controlled by some other method) i say this because there is a clear link with Im and Joyboy as Im has the straw hat which is likely Joyboy's (Oda just loves to fuck with us). At this point i'm just spitballing and playing with the ideas so I'll just end here.

    oh wait here is a strange commonality between zunesha and Im which could be so fat foreshadowing, their eyes are the same!


    (don't know if these pics will show up someone help me post the photos if not)

    theory which helped me
    https://www.opfanpage.com/2018/10/22...mmand-zunisha/

    Thank you for reading and please respond with your thoughts!
    Kurei
    Last edited by kurei; May 7th, 2020 at 09:08 AM.

  17. #3557

    Default Re: The Great New World Discussion Thread

    You know what would make a lot of sense?

    The Blackbeard Pirates stealing the Jake Jake No Mi from Kelly Funk, and give it to Stronger.

    That way, Dr Q can 'wear' Stronger, and make it a fight half human/half animal vs half human/half animal.

  18. #3558

    Default Re: The Great New World Discussion Thread

    It would be interesting to know what's the idea of society the Revolutionaries have. Do they just want a different kind of World Government? Or are they anarchist? Their ideas might be related to how the society was during the Void Century.

  19. #3559

    Default Re: The Great New World Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Sengokusgoat View Post
    Can't be Lodestar because only Roger has ever reached it, and can't be God Valley because it was supposedly erased, while we know Elbaf is a pretty famous place people go to and come from relatively often.
    I agree with your reply, but Roger was not the only one to ever reach Lodestar. He was just the first to do it (in centuries).

  20. #3560

    Default Re: The Great New World Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NamiRobinFrankyAce View Post
    It would be interesting to know what's the idea of society the Revolutionaries have. Do they just want a different kind of World Government? Or are they anarchist? Their ideas might be related to how the society was during the Void Century.
    As far as we know they just wanna end slavery. So that's kinda boring... in that that it doesn't concern the whole world and won't change everyone's lives...
    Every nation gets the government it deserves.---- Joseph de Maistre

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts